test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to figure out which console this is

haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I've seen it many times in space combat, but have no idea what it is. I think it's been around for at least a few years. It looks like a blue fence that has probably 12 sides to it. There might be some red points of light at the tops where the sides each intersect. I don't know what it does or which console it is. Does anyone know?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Would it be possible for your to get s screenshot of the ability, I can't say I've seen anything that would match your description but maybe I'm just reading it wrong so a picture would help me there.

There's some shield boost abilities that sort of look like that but I can't think of an exact match.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i don't think it's a console - it sounds like the command spec ability rally point marker based on the description, but i can't confirm that because its wiki page has no picture of the ability for me to be able to double-check​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    hmm... to me it sounds like a clicky device from the mission "Skirmish" Sub Space Field Modulator
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Sounds like Rally Point Marker could be it. Will check. Thanks.
  • warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Its like a blue fence shield thing, right? Yeah I have no idea, but I think I know what you are talking about.
    Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    If it's blue then it is Sub Space Field Modulator from the episode Skirmish
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Would this be what you're seeing? It's the Rally Point Marker:

https://imgur.com/g8s0GMd
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

yeah, I've seen that before. no idea what it is
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
    echatty wrote: »

yeah, I've seen that before. no idea what it is

It's the Rally Point Marker from the Command Specialization abilities
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    That's the one! Thanks!
    You're welcome.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.