test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is everyone doing around the world with the Coronavirus Isolation

12346»

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Boris Johnson is out of hospital, the country needs leadership now more than ever.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
      Last few weeks have been interesting in the Chinese sense. As a troubleshooter in an environmental company i am one of few who is familiar with the routine/diagnostic of various labs.

As more competing companies started sending orders for analyses to our firm (probably because they could no longer fill their personnel rosters) the personnel roster of our company is also creeping closer to a skeleton crew.

With the rules in the Netherlands stating that when you're not in one of the critical professions (e.g. healthcare) you're required to stay at home when someone in your direct family has a fever of38.1 degrees Celsius.

Been doing weeks of 45-50 hours for the past month. Almost collapsed from fatigue last Friday 11PM. Fortunately had a chance to rest over a long Easter weekend, but if our company is any indication the next pandemic may be Burnout.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »
      And frankly, Boris clapping for the NHS is like someone crying at the funeral of a dog they beat to death with a shovel.

Don't forget he's waiting to sell off the dog corpse for sausages to American pharma interests.

The mess you describe is WAI to people like him, on both sides of the pond.
      Worst part of this is that it's really nice weather atm in the UK and we can't go and enjoy it.
      The sheer boredom has become a greater enemy and it's just wearing me down to the point of anger with bouts of rage.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
        @theraven2378 I understand where your coming from cause thats where I am now, I go out and I spend less than 5 min in a store and head back home maybe once a week. This is getting quite frustrating to be stuck at home and only be able to run in get what you need and run home to avoid contact with everyone else. Its actually getting sooo frustrating whats happening right now that half the time I go on the game and I have 0 ambition to play cause i am just soooooo worn from being stuck at home for over a month now with no end in sight.
        Came down with fatigue/cold/flu/covid last Tuesday. With insufficient tests available in the Netherlands testing is limited to medical personnel or vulnerable persons.

Since my symptoms are mild i will have to wait it out just as i would have if it was fatigue/cold/flu or covid.
        While i was looking forward to some time off i did not envision having to spend said time at home being feverish.
        This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
      • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
        questerius wrote: »
        Came down with fatigue/cold/flu/covid last Tuesday. With insufficient tests available in the Netherlands testing is limited to medical personnel or vulnerable persons.

Since my symptoms are mild i will have to wait it out just as i would have if it was fatigue/cold/flu or covid.
        While i was looking forward to some time off i did not envision having to spend said time at home being feverish.

The worst part about the coronavirus is people that are asymptomatic since they are accidentally spreading the virus without realizing they should self-isolate. At least with a cold or flu, it is easy to know to self-isolate even without this pandemic. Hope you get better soon.
        I'm just mentally drained to the point that I'm lethargic.
        It's either be bored out of my skull or go back to bed some days.
        NMXb2ph.png
          Another 3 weeks of hell to go before it's reviewed again.
          NMXb2ph.png
            izgZzKq.png

You forgot the Netherlands in that one: Business as usual
          • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
            d515muw-b590d57a-dd85-4fe0-bd0a-917f38a73a7d.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9iZmM4ZGUwYS0yNzZiLTRmYjMtOTI1My0yYzc0OWJhM2UzMDgvZDUxNW11dy1iNTkwZDU3YS1kZDg1LTRmZTAtYmQwYS05MTdmMzhhNzNhN2QuZ2lmIn1dXX0.uuJFB3Y1PRbvKeojHJRzYzZeTVHILHUXjSmSPYIGev0

Heaven forbid if the barbie is canceled. All hell will break loose!
            Then again... I'm American and not Australian.
            db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
            I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
            The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
          • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
            rattler2 wrote: »
            d515muw-b590d57a-dd85-4fe0-bd0a-917f38a73a7d.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9iZmM4ZGUwYS0yNzZiLTRmYjMtOTI1My0yYzc0OWJhM2UzMDgvZDUxNW11dy1iNTkwZDU3YS1kZDg1LTRmZTAtYmQwYS05MTdmMzhhNzNhN2QuZ2lmIn1dXX0.uuJFB3Y1PRbvKeojHJRzYzZeTVHILHUXjSmSPYIGev0

The whole "Australia treats BBQ's as a holy grail" is a bit overstated :) and this is coming from an Australian :)

If we were to lose our Vegemite supplies or completely ran out. God help the world cause we would be coming for you lol
            pjxgwS8.jpg
          • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
            you know, i've seen several videos of non-australians trying vegemite over the past few months...they have universally been disgusted by it

i don't think you need to worry about running out of it any time soon, and i also think the statement of australians overwhelmingly enjoying it is as equally overstated as the barbie statement​​
            Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
            An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
            A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
            A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
            "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
            Passion and Serenity are one.
            I gain power by understanding both.
            In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
            I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
            The Force is united within me.
          • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
            you know, i've seen several videos of non-australians trying vegemite over the past few months...they have universally been disgusted by it

i don't think you need to worry about running out of it any time soon, and i also think the statement of australians overwhelmingly enjoying it is as equally overstated as the barbie statement​​

Alot of those people dont know how to spread vegemite or how little you actually need to use. Tom Hanks while he was here actually said he learnt how to :)

Too many people in those videos spread it far too thick.
            pjxgwS8.jpg

I learnt about vegemite from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
            It's only an 18th century and onwards thing
            NMXb2ph.png
            • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
              foxman00 wrote: »
              rattler2 wrote: »

The whole "Australia treats BBQ's as a holy grail" is a bit overstated :) and this is coming from an Australian :)

If we were to lose our Vegemite supplies or completely ran out. God help the world cause we would be coming for you lol

Exactly the same as the way the UK is perceived to treat Tea as a holy grail really. It's just a silly stereotype.

yeaaaaaaa...no - i have firstpaw experience with at least one person for whom it is most certainly NOT a stereotype​​
              Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
              An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
              A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
              A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
              "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
              Passion and Serenity are one.
              I gain power by understanding both.
              In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
              I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
              The Force is united within me.
              Tea, a nice escape atm
              NMXb2ph.png
                Little update: Back at work today.
                Not yet at full steam, but fit enough to work a 9 hour shift without difficulty.

Always nice to know the busy days continue even without me. The pile of work was impressive though.
                I've got to the point of wanting to get a hammer and go wreck something, that's how much I'm hating it.
                I'm getting beyond caring and and want out.

Guidelines and rules are there for the wisdom of the wise and blind obedience of fools, people round my area don't even care and still have their social groups along their walls.
                Some even go out and not even bother.

The UK police make it worse when officers who abuse their power are on power trips.
                Mental health is another time bomb waiting to go off.

NMXb2ph.png
                  I've got to the point of wanting to get a hammer and go wreck something, that's how much I'm hating it.

Guidelines and rules are there for the wisdom of the wise and blind obedience of fools, people round my area don't even care and still have their social groups along their walls.

The UK police make it worse when officers who abuse their power are on power trips.

Again - I have the virus. Not sure how, but that's pretty irrelevant at this point.

As much as I hated the restrictions, they're small beans compared to actually having the virus. I've never felt so awful in my life.
                  Trust me - you may hate the restrictions but the virus is MUCH worse.

And the virus hits everyone differently. Some people don't even know they have the virus, some have mild symptoms where they think it might be the annual flu or cold, some have more severe symptoms, and others have life threatening symptoms. Personally, I think that the people that don't know they have the virus is just as bad or worse than having severe or life threatening symptoms since they don't know they are spreading the virus by going to the grocery store.
                  The NHS shutting the mental health helpline has not helped matters, the brewing mental health crisis will be a lot worse when people (especially with histories of anger and rage) just lose it.

For the record, I do not clap for the NHS for my own reasons (which I will not go into because it crosses a certain line that is taboo on this forum).
                  It's not achieving anything especially people are ignoring social distancing and gathering in large groups anyway to clap for the NHS.

NMXb2ph.png
                  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
                    starkaos wrote: »

Again - I have the virus. Not sure how, but that's pretty irrelevant at this point.

As much as I hated the restrictions, they're small beans compared to actually having the virus. I've never felt so awful in my life.
                    Trust me - you may hate the restrictions but the virus is MUCH worse.

And the virus hits everyone differently. Some people don't even know they have the virus, some have mild symptoms where they think it might be the annual flu or cold, some have more severe symptoms, and others have life threatening symptoms. Personally, I think that the people that don't know they have the virus is just as bad or worse than having severe or life threatening symptoms since they don't know they are spreading the virus by going to the grocery store.
                    Precisely why I always wear at least my homemade mask and a pair of disposable gloves when I have to go out. What if it turns out I'm one of those who don't know they're carriers? I don't want to kill somebody just because we ran out of cat food and Always! (My wife is very particular about her, ah, products. Fortunately, I found one store in the region that keeps them in stock during all this...)
                    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
                  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
                    edited April 2020
                    It's mostly okay so far, but some things were and sure are annoying.

Grocery Shopping.
                    I don't like to shop much anyway, but grocery shopping isn't a big deal. Except now. So you need to have a shopping cart (that's basically the method they use to count how many people are inside to not exceed any limits), and since they are strictly limited now, you sometimes need to wait until a customer (or multiple ones, if there is a line already) is finished with his shopping. I usually just have a big bag with me that works just fine, but that is of course not accepted now.
                    Starting this week, we also need to wear masks during shopping. I tried that last Friday already, our company has ordered 2 simple cloth masks for every employee, and I decided to try it. Now shopping is also physically uncomfortable. (And, to add insult to injury, Apple's face recognition won't recognize you with a mask, as it probably should be, but adding an inconvenience to the contact-free payment process.)

We've already cancelled one family meeting over Easter, which sucked, because we had made some plans - my brother in law and me for example wanted to play a Star Wars Armada Rebellion in the Rim campaign. So much for that. It also looks a bit as we can forget about our planned family vacation, but we haven't cancelled yet.

The office is quite empty - in the office space I work in directly we're normally 8 people - mostly programmers or QA, so it's usually very quite in there already. But now we're only 2 still in the office, the rest is working from home. The staff canteen is now organized with shifts for different departments of the company so that there is less cross-contact.
                    The work from home seems to work surprisingly well. In the past, my company wasn't much a fan of allowing working from home at all, but now pretty much anyone whose job can be done from home (and programming certainly counts, but we also have a production that needs to physically operate machine that can't) is now allowed to do so. I am only in the office because I want my private life and work life to be physically separated if possible.

Of course, working from home isn't easy for everyone - one of my co-workers has 3 kids that need attention, and his wife's university courses have started back as well, so they both are strapped for time where normally the kids would be in school or kindergarten.

Despite all these annoyances, I am worrying about the plans to loosening some restrictions to get the economy going again. Undoubtedly, a lot of people's economical well-being is in danger during the lockdown and that will probably lead to mental and physical problems as well. But if we re-open too soon, we might be getting a much harder second wave that will also lead to new lockdowns - and that will hurt the economy again, and in the end, nothing might be gained - maybe even something lost - imagine companies and restaurants buying stuff and then sitting on it because they were closed again before they could sell anything due to a local outbreak. Stopping for a lockdown and starting up from a lockdown means friction.

I spend my time mostly the same i usually do - watching stuff on my computer or playing stuff on my computer, or doing something for my roleplaying campaign on my computer. I guess I am very lucky - my job is still safe, I get paid, I am not sick yet, and my personal life is so boring and limited that losing the ability to go out does not affect me.
                    Still, shopping sucks now.

Oh, I forgot one annoyance factor: There is very little other than Corona you talk about these days in the office. It doesn't help that my co-workers and my own hobbies and interests don't really intersect much... But it's everywhere in the news, too, of course. I actively try to find different topics to talk about.
                    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
                  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
                    edited May 2020
                    Sorry to hear you got the virus, Reyan. =( Hope you get well soon!

Despite all these annoyances, I am worrying about the plans to loosening some restrictions to get the economy going again. Undoubtedly, a lot of people's economical well-being is in danger during the lockdown and that will probably lead to mental and physical problems as well. But if we re-open too soon, we might be getting a much harder second wave that will also lead to new lockdowns - and that will hurt the economy again, and in the end, nothing might be gained - maybe even something lost - imagine companies and restaurants buying stuff and then sitting on it because they were closed again before they could sell anything due to a local outbreak. Stopping for a lockdown and starting up from a lockdown means friction.

Totally agreed. As much as I'd like to see life come back to normal, I'd also like for the curve to be sufficiently flattened before throwing all the doors opened. I'd love to hit the guitar or comic shop on my birthday, but not at the expense of getting myself or anyone else sick.
                    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
                    I need to hit the barbers and shoe shop.
                    I need a haircut and a new pair of boots
                    NMXb2ph.png
                      I need to hit the barbers and shoe shop.
                      I need a haircut and a new pair of boots

I had a good laugh when someone put "I need a haircut" on their protest sign. We need to regain a sense of structure and purpose to our lives. If this lockdown goes on longer, then there will be lots of people ready for the loony bin.
                      It's getting that bad, if I put glasses on, I'll look like John Lennon in his later years.
                      NMXb2ph.png