test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

more DCs in the last 10 mins than i have ever been put through...

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
so i guess maybe i am just the odd one here.
logged in, got the rocket fixed, ready to launch and BAM! - DC from server.
log back in, go to exchange, and BAM!, DCed again.
log in again, ask if anyone else was having issues, one replied no, an then, guess what?, yup, BAM! DCed again.

ive checked my internet, just fine. tried other games, good to go. no issues at all.

so is anyone else getting multiple DCs like me or am i just lucky and should go play the lotto as well?

meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Which map was it? -- can confirm this has been happening on XBOX, a lot lately. Particularly where voice chat is concerned. Can get DC'd plugging in the headset.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • evilspokevilspok Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Cutting them slack due to the current "situation." However, yes it's been worse than usual lately. Usual being a 1/10 as it is.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    And there is a winter event rerun on the horizon. Perfect for our daily lag. Interesting as the summer/winter events are, they always cause tremendous amounts of lag.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst haven't had any DC's the game itself has been Lagtacular.

Although, as has been said, cutting them slack due to the current "situation."

I was hit with lag in the "Night at Bozeman" mission and just flying around the Dyson Sphere map.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    evilspok wrote: »
    Cutting them slack due to the current "situation." However, yes it's been worse than usual lately. Usual being a 1/10 as it is.

On XBOX its been rare for me. -- it began the maitenance before last. I waited a patch, noticing others had already reported it. Yesterdays maintenance didn't change anything, so..
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I have encountered MANY DC's in the past few weeks...many of them either at the start of, or in the middle of an OP, causing me to be awarded a delightful deserter penalty.
    Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I haven't had many disconnects, but the Lag has been so bad I have pretty much stopped playing.

I am just sick of rubber banding all over the screen.. it's easier to just play another game as this is the one and only game I have any issues with. Some days it's fine, other days it's unplayable. I'm tired of playing 'Lag Roulette' with this game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I haven't had many disconnects, but the Lag has been so bad I have pretty much stopped playing.

I am just sick of rubber banding all over the screen.. it's easier to just play another game as this is the one and only game I have any issues with. Some days it's fine, other days it's unplayable. I'm tired of playing 'Lag Roulette' with this game.

It's not going to get any better when normal daily life is resumed either. The servers have been like this for over a year and Cryptic despite the lip service given in the Lag hunting forum aren't going to do anything to fix it.

To everyone in this thread this isn't due to the pandemic its been as I said for over a year. Some might only now be experiencing it and you've been lucky thus far.

Edit: No disrespect intended towards the Mods of this Forum or the Community Manager but things like this have a chain and the acknowledgement has come from the lower end of that chain rather than from mid-top. So with all the good intentions in the world until the server issues are acknowledged by people at the top end that's all the Mods and CM involvement is in this matter lip service and empathy.
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    evilspok wrote: »

On XBOX its been rare for me. -- it began the maitenance before last. I waited a patch, noticing others had already reported it. Yesterdays maintenance didn't change anything, so..

I'm also on Xbox and this lag effect and getting DC'd is all too common in my experience!
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User

the rubberbanding and servers issues have often been a part of this game since beta. i just had not been put through that much prior so i made the post. yeah, stuff happens, so i wasnt upset, just wanted to see if it was just me or not.

Certainly not you. I used to have a very good experience in this game where rubberbanding/power tray misfires and lag weren't to much of an issue if any.

I spend a lot of time in the Dyson Battlezone as the dailies can be done quickly and its decent dil. However that zone and the space contested zone OMG! Rubberband/Lag/Power tray misfire Mission Control Central.

Even Crystal Catastrophe has caught the rubberband and power tray misfire virus. Again that always used to run pretty smooth.

I can't remember how long ago it was when they did a huge backend ARC platform update where all games where down from 8-12hrs but it was shortly after completion of that work when my gaming experience took a turn for the worst.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's not going to get any better when normal daily life is resumed either. The servers have been like this for over a year and Cryptic despite the lip service given in the Lag hunting forum aren't going to do anything to fix it.

Agreed, this problem existed long before the current situation and it will persist afterward. I am not expecting anything to change anytime soon.. that's why it's just easier to play something else instead. I log on and do the daily thing for the 'shiny' and then I'm done.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.