test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Removed/ Revamped Missions from Klingon War Arc?

tymax#8133 tymax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I know the devs have removed the missions due to Discovery lore and J’ula, but we haven't heard anything about when they are coming back. Does anyone know when they are due back?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tymax#8133 tymax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I thought there was a lore conflict between the Kuvah’magh, B’vat and J’ula? I thought J’ula and B’vat were from the same house?

Im just asking some questions?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    tymax#8133 wrote: »
    I thought there was a lore conflict between the Kuvah’magh, B’vat and J’ula? I thought J’ula and B’vat were from the same house?

Im just asking some questions?

There are TONS of lore issues with the storyline because of removed missions, will most likely never get fixed. They were removed to be improved, but before when content has been removed to be improved it's never made a return. (Example, exploration system). The logical thing in my mind would be to have the missions in the game, overhaul them on the side. And replace them when the new ones are ready.

There were talks about butchering the Romulan story arc too, but nothing has happened as of yet. And yes, I use the word butchered, because the storyline in STO makes VERY little sense now. MMO's have never had good storytelling, but taking an OK storyline and punching further holes in it in order to "streamline" the game makes no sense, so yeah. Butchered.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    One of my Characters has all the Cardassian, Borg/Undine, and Romulan Mystery Arc Missions that were removed in the In-Progress Mission Log. I did not grab these Klingon War Arc ones, however.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The House of Mo'kai and the House of B'vat had a blood feud. B'vat and his allies wiped out the members of the House of Mo'kai (other than J'ula and the others who were sent into the future).
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    One of my Characters has all the Cardassian, Borg/Undine, and Romulan Mystery Arc Missions that were removed in the In-Progress Mission Log. I did not grab these Klingon War Arc ones, however.

Lucky. I wish I had the foresight to do that, way back in the day. Biggest regret of the game.

I'm also still holding out for the return of the Klingon War content. As is, or with a few tweaks, it doesn't matter. Sure a lot of them were a bit basic by the game's new standards, but a lot of fun.
    As it is, we now no longer have that mission with an interactive Spock (which they promised to return a.s.a.p, a year and a half ago...), the salt vampires, some background to the Undine story, the one they just remastered with the new Bashir v/o before removing it, etc.

Bring 'em back, Cryptic! Every month someone asks for 'em, and gosh darn it I'm with them.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Lucky. I wish I had the foresight to do that, way back in the day. Biggest regret of the game.

I'm also still holding out for the return of the Klingon War content. As is, or with a few tweaks, it doesn't matter. Sure a lot of them were a bit basic by the game's new standards, but a lot of fun.
    As it is, we now no longer have that mission with an interactive Spock (which they promised to return a.s.a.p, a year and a half ago...), the salt vampires, some background to the Undine story, the one they just remastered with the new Bashir v/o before removing it, etc.

Bring 'em back, Cryptic! Every month someone asks for 'em, and gosh darn it I'm with them.

They did not promise to return the mission with the interactive Spock as soon as possible a year and half ago. They said it would be returned as soon as they were done revamping it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    With how bloodthirsty and anti-Federation B'Vat is... even after that blood feud he might see J'Ula as a potential ally because of her hate for the Federation as well.

I do miss the mission where you go to the 23rd Century and finish off B'Vat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The House of Mo'kai and the House of B'vat had a blood feud. B'vat and his allies wiped out the members of the House of Mo'kai (other than J'ula and the others who were sent into the future).

Is so, then this makes me value dear old B'vat more than I ever thought possible!
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The House of Mo'kai may have to do temporal hijinks for B'vat's support considering,

Aakan of the House of Mo'kai killed B'vat's son K'das in 2389.

A condition for B'vat's support would be Mo'kai would have to send someone back in time to prevent Aakan from killing K'das.

• ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I wished they would bring back all those mission and more. They didn't really flow with the current game but if for example liek the kuvah'mag mission lets say they revamp it so like minor story of tweak tom paris or b'lanna torres pov to saving their daughter in 3 mission story arc. everything about it would pretty much be the same but updated lighting and less enemies and the rewards would not be not that great i don't remember any unique reward attacted to it in the first place.

The salt vampire story could be a romulan story with like Tovan's pov with like his sister involved. I don't remember where in the timeline it takes place since removed a long while ago but more pov mission would excellent.

For the heck of it. There should be a oneshot mission that takes place prior to the delta quadrant missions of seven of nine that explain like she has some kinda drama and shut down emotionally so made her more like seven of voyager days and they after that she worked it out to use rage to somehow work pass her grief... then back to normal picard era seven with emotions that blast people aways and take names but no dokie from anyone. Again could be pov and be place anywhere as a side mission in the STO universe.

Again bring back those mission if it can be pov mission even better. can cut certain dialogs because our captains were not part of the adventure thus fix storyline issues while at the same time fill in the blanks for new players and appease the seasoned players.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    NECROMANCY!
    @darkbladejk
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    lol, I do wish they'd bring back the missions too. That would be necromancy too!

This discussion has been closed.