test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Xbox] Infinity Duty Officer Promotion - Wrong Reward

I have already corresponded with perfectworld support via e-mail and after reviewing my issue they asked me to drop my issue in the forums to get help.

I try to get in on infinity promos whenever I can because it is hard to get those ships - I have been trying for years and there was only one I wanted. I finally got one and literally jumped up from my chair I was so happy! The Xbox interface/menus can be slow at random, so I knew to take care and make my selection very slowly!

I moved the selection box down one at a time, it was actually being very responsive and not lagging but I kept moving it slowly anyway - making sure not to push anything on the controller until I had fully ceased the previous action. Once I had the desired Item highlighted, I pressed the A button - and it asked me to confirm (I had to look to see which button was the confirm button in this instance) - and distracted by having to take this action, as I pushed the X button I noticed in the darkened background that my selection box was NOT where I had left it.

I released the X button and my worst fears realized, I had received the wrong reward pack.

The selection box was being perfectly responsive up to that point, so the only way this could have happened is if it lagged the moment it appeared to have the ship I wanted highlighted, and then lagged between that and me pressing A and not noticing because the window popped up over it and simultaneously dims the whole screen.

This exact kind of thing happens in the menus on the Xbox One Edition all the time; it is understood that the high load for MMO's is only intensified on consoles which don't have the power/precision of PC and it's peripherals. So the menu's are expected to be laggy sometimes - usually we are lucky enough that it doesn't cost us anything too valuable.

This one gave me the wrong ship, even when I tried to circumvent any possibility of interference from lag, it happened anyway. Can I please get the right ship mailed to me? It would be better to just get the direct reward pack, I don't want to have to choose another from the T6 list and risk getting the wrong one again!

It has been at least 4 years trying, I may not get another one for a while! I am happy to send the incorrect pack that I received back to a dev in exchange, or pay it forward to someone who could appreciate it more than I! So far I have had no luck in selling it or trading it for equal value - the ship I want is just valued way higher for some reason, even though they all come from the same pack - I could never hope to break even!

Side question: is there hope that the Xbox Series X will have less lag due to the solid state drive? Since this is an MMO and some assets are streamed ad-hoc, is it even possible this can this help with loading screens and interface lag?

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Just out of curiosity what ship did you inadvertently receive?
  • droidbones#8886 droidbones Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship, right next to the Special Requisition Pack – 26th Century Dreadnought Cruiser which was the one I was trying to obtain