test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who's the biggest crook?

My thoughts turned to the dark side of Star Trek. I began to wonder who was the biggest crook? There are the obvious front-runners like Harry Mudd and Quark. Then I put some serious thought into the subject. Eddington came to mind (he tormented Cisco). Of course Garak is the master of shady dealings. So I put the question to our community who is the biggest crook and why?

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    EA or Bethesda, maybe the Gearbox CEO?

No..EA with their hand in the advent of lockboxes

Oh, star trek crooks, right... :D

Jokes aside, Whatshisname from the 24th century who used a timeshuttle to steal future tech

Not caring you are TRIBBLE up the timelines near irrepairably simply as you want to pilfer future tech to make money makes him a crook to beat
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Preferred Wallet Entertainment.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > Preferred Wallet Entertainment.

You mean "Pilfered Wallet Entertainment"?
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Whoever came up with the designs for the disco klingons. I like the show but geez, WTF.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I wanted to say the Temporal agents, but then I realised that they're just incompetent.

So I'll just go with JJ Abrams.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    In-universe, I'd choose Henry Starling.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    arnthebard wrote: »
    > @trennan said:
    > Preferred Wallet Entertainment.

You mean "Pilfered Wallet Entertainment"?

Either or. Both work.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Alex Kurtzman for taking a once great positive franchise and turning it massively gritty, dystopian, and hopeless

For taking a franchise that was about equality and making it sexist and racist

For taking series that was about mankind being better and then turns around and glorifyies smoking, drinking, and drug use. Making half the crew of Picard murderers and having Picard completely okay with it. Making Picard a doddering old man and Seven a remorseless thug who apparently forgot everything Janeway taught her.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    burstorion wrote: »
    EA or Bethesda, maybe the Gearbox CEO?

No..EA with their hand in the advent of lockboxes

Oh, star trek crooks, right... :D

Jokes aside, Whatshisname from the 24th century who used a timeshuttle to steal future tech

Not caring you are TRIBBLE up the timelines near irrepairably simply as you want to pilfer future tech to make money makes him a crook to beat

If you mean Berlinghoff Rasmussen from the Matter of Time episode from TNG, he is from the 22nd Century and stole the time-pod from its 26th Century owner when they visited the 26th Century. He stole 24th Century technology to bring it back to the 22nd Century so he could be famous and rich.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Madran, I so wanted to blow that treacherous Ferengi out of the stars.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
      Madran's not that big a deal as criminals go, even in Trek - he's just such a snide, smug little grafnark I want to take him on my ship specifically so I can beam him into space.

Starling had the excuse that he didn't know using the timeship would destroy the solar system, and refused to believe it when told. Rasmussen, on the other hand, had to know that stealing inventions from the future and introducing them far too early would frak the timeline.

Overall, though, I'd have to give it to Harcourt Fenton Mudd. In DSC, he sold out his fellow prisoners to the Klingons without a moment's hesitation, then used an illicit temporal-manipulation device in order to torture the crew. In TOS, we first met him when he was transporting drug-addicted slaves to a Federation mining colony; next time we saw him, he tried to use ancient alien technology to kidnap the crew of the Enterprise, abandon them on a world with no way of contacting Starfleet, and steal their ship to use as his own personal yacht.

Now, if you want to talk war criminals, the nod goes to Garak, with Sisko as a close second...
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      jonsills wrote: »
      Madran's not that big a deal as criminals go, even in Trek - he's just such a snide, smug little grafnark I want to take him on my ship specifically so I can beam him into space.

Starling had the excuse that he didn't know using the timeship would destroy the solar system, and refused to believe it when told. Rasmussen, on the other hand, had to know that stealing inventions from the future and introducing them far too early would frak the timeline.

Overall, though, I'd have to give it to Harcourt Fenton Mudd. In DSC, he sold out his fellow prisoners to the Klingons without a moment's hesitation, then used an illicit temporal-manipulation device in order to torture the crew. In TOS, we first met him when he was transporting drug-addicted slaves to a Federation mining colony; next time we saw him, he tried to use ancient alien technology to kidnap the crew of the Enterprise, abandon them on a world with no way of contacting Starfleet, and steal their ship to use as his own personal yacht.

Now, if you want to talk war criminals, the nod goes to Garak, with Sisko as a close second...

Bringing future technology to the present only fracks up the timeline for people from the future. The only issue to the present is how advanced technology will affect the present like how Friendship 1 affected a Delta Quadrant species when they reverse engineered antimatter technology which devastated their planet. So to people from the present, there is no difference between using advanced technology from the future or advanced alien technology.
    • Options
      eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
      @darkbladejk A ten forward thread