test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Mysterious Box - what to do with it?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
I got it, it's epic colored... does nothing it doesnt go poof when you open it.

Any ideas?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Keep opening them and after some tries it will blow up. I dunno if there is something else inside. I opened like 1000 of them to check but got nothing. One of my fleeties claimed he got a T6 ship coupon but maybe he just joked. April fools; you know.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    afafd545-bde6-41a4-9e4a-5ad460cc5c4a_1.52f72aad382a89e1e17da6d270f841ec.jpeg?odnWidth=450&odnHeight=450&odnBg=ffffff
    What's inside? ANOTHER BOX! And another! And another! And an eventual boom.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I've opened 2,500 Mystery Boxes, only got the "Dab" emote, and nothing else :(

If there's nothing else in the Mystery Box, it's gotta to be the meanest April's Fool joke of all time...
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Looks like you get the Dab emote just for talking to Kurland, no need to open boxes.
  • Options
    val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    As for the Dab emote, what is it supposed to signify. Is it from a US Sports star no one outside the US has ever heard of?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think the Dab is a meme.
    Do_the_Dab.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    val#9932 wrote: »
    As for the Dab emote, what is it supposed to signify. Is it from a US Sports star no one outside the US has ever heard of?
    The dab is an increadibly famous meme thats been around for years.

If it is so "increadibly famous" (sic) then why have so many of us never heard of it?
  • Options
    val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User

If it is so "increadibly famous" (sic) then why have so many of us never heard of it?

Exactly. At first I thought it was Usain Bolt's "Lightning Bolt" but hiding the face is wrong.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Geez, I thought it was going to be a Fonzi related emote, as he used a little dab of Brylcreem to slick his hair down.

https://youtu.be/yxBNW5XJI1o
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Weird, there are songs, memes, dances, a lot of culture around dabbing, Cam newton just has the most optics when it comes to it, but yeah as people have posted before it has been around for a long long long time. \

Though dabbing and dab as in Saudi Arabia is just a misconception of it. since a dab is pressed THC oil and caniboids into a wax tab in a concentrated form aswell as a the name is shared with this form of expression by youth culture in America.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    afafd545-bde6-41a4-9e4a-5ad460cc5c4a_1.52f72aad382a89e1e17da6d270f841ec.jpeg?odnWidth=450&odnHeight=450&odnBg=ffffff
    What's inside? ANOTHER BOX! And another! And another! And an eventual boom.

Pretty much. I had the dab emote from previous April Fools. But to test this, I opened 3000 of these boxes. All i got were more boxes and explosions.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Maybe you don't pay much attention to internet meme culture?

You are the first person I've met online in a long time that didn't know what dabbing is, since its been going around for years, and has become a systematized joke on most major websites, and major youtubers dab, or make dab jokes, fairly frequently.

Huh. I've heard the term a few times over the last few years, but had no actual knowledge of it. Of course, I don't "pay attention to meme culture". Or watch youtubers/twitchers/losers, or read facebook or twitter. Or watch talkshows. So yeah, guess it passed me by. /shrug
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

You are the first person I've met online in a long time that didn't know what dabbing is, since its been going around for years, and has become a systematized joke on most major websites, and major youtubers dab, or make dab jokes, fairly frequently.

Huh. I've heard the term a few times over the last few years, but had no actual knowledge of it. Of course, I don't "pay attention to meme culture". Or watch youtubers/twitchers/losers, or read facebook or twitter. Or watch talkshows. So yeah, guess it passed me by. /shrug

Hulk dabbed in Avengers: Endgame. One of the biggest movies in history. But let me guess, you haven't seen that since you strictly isolate yourself from pop culture pig-3.gif

You don't have to be a teenager and watch youtubers to be exposed to this stuff. Through games, movies, shows or just using the internet those things one way or the other brought to you, no need to get "involved".​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've seen people do it but did not know what it was called. I also know of the Internet tendency of people shortening Proper Names and placing a 'y' or 'ie' at the end of the shortened word. I don't know what it's called but never use it. For example:

Panasonic = Panny
    Samsung = Sammy
    Sony = Sony (these guys were prepared)
    Sovereign = Sovvy
    Scimitar = Scimmy
    Constitution = Connie

Not sure when 'y' is used or when 'ie' is used. I'm not that sophistimicated. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Wow, didn't know that SOOOOO many boomers were playing STO. But hey, in the geriatric ward, you people are probably the hippest, for using the internet.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know that SOOOOO many boomers were playing STO. But hey, in the geriatric ward, you people are probably the hippest, for using the internet.

That's MISTER Boomer to you, pal!
  • Options

That's MISTER Boomer to you, pal!

Is your first name Bass?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Right there with you. Except i'd never even heard the term. Still not even sure what its supposed to be a meme of? That picture posted in this thread? What's it supposed to mean?

angrytarg wrote: »
    Hulk dabbed in Avengers: Endgame. One of the biggest movies in history. But let me guess, you haven't seen that since you strictly isolate yourself from pop culture pig-3.gif

You don't have to be a teenager and watch youtubers to be exposed to this stuff. Through games, movies, shows or just using the internet those things one way or the other brought to you, no need to get "involved".​​

I never did get around to watching end game,(i watched everything up to CA:Civil War, except Guardians) but even if i did i wouldn't have know what it was,so....

I play mostly grand strategy/ historical strategy games so wouldn't have seen it there. And like i said, even if i saw it in a movie, i wouldn't know what it was unless they talked about it in the movie...

Also, as I hate most commercials with a passion, i haven't really watched Live TV much in the last 6 or 7 years... I can remember flipping through the channels i would watch and them all being on the 5-10 minute commercial breaks(at least thats what it felt like), or that stupid "ok commercials are over back to the show... ok they said a sentence/did a single scene... Commercial time!" thing that happens near the end of just about everything....

35 here, not a boomer. I just could care less what some stranger had for dinner, and the idea of following celebs like some hack paparazzi/stalker doesn't appeal. People i care about know my number and email... Talk, text, email..what more do you really NEED.

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Calling someone a boomer is a laughable matter in itself. It turns you into a meme.

The box thing is such a disappointing experience, you keep popping and popping boxes, nothing comes out and finally it blows up. April's fool is a delicate matter in such sensitive times.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Hey - been working with Computers (started with BASIC on an HP2000 mainframe in 1975 in Jr. High. I was 12 years old). Continued through my College years and have had a long career.

I bring that up because as someone who does IT support as well, you'd be surprised how many Millennials, and Post Millennials can barely use a couple of phone apps; and hell, have issues connecting their PCs and cell phones to their home internet (Been assisting on getting folks set up for working from home.)

Hell, I thought that part of my job would get easier as Millennials hit the workforce, but honestly, some of you are more computer illiterate than MY parents were. :D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    casualsto wrote: »
    Calling someone a boomer is a laughable matter in itself. It turns you into a meme.

The box thing is such a disappointing experience, you keep popping and popping boxes, nothing comes out and finally it blows up. April's fool is a delicate matter in such sensitive times.

Yeah, throwing around words like boomer just shows how judgmental and ignorant a person really is. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for being a Boomer... well, Star Trek The Original Series started in 1965 and ran to 1968, so if wasn't for us 'boomers', these younger generations wouldn't have a Star Trek or Star Wars.

But then, let them continue to fluff their own superiority complex with calling us whatever. It's nothing more than a good little sheeple bahing, or to use the correct term bleating, what's social hip these days.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

Hulk dabbed in Avengers: Endgame. One of the biggest movies in history. But let me guess, you haven't seen that since you strictly isolate yourself from pop culture pig-3.gif​​

No, I saw Endgame. Of course, since I was completely unaware of this "dab" meme... I may not even have noticed the Hulk making some odd gesture, since it didn't mean anything to me. Ah, well. Not everyone gets every call-out in a movie. Like I'm sure a whole lot of regular movie goers didn't catch the "Cap saying 'Hail Hydra'" thing. It happens.
  • Options

Hulk dabbed in Avengers: Endgame. One of the biggest movies in history. But let me guess, you haven't seen that since you strictly isolate yourself from pop culture pig-3.gif​​

No, I saw Endgame. Of course, being unaware of 'dabbing', I didn't even notice the Hulk making the gesture because it didn't mean anything to me. But not everyone catches every call-out/in-joke/reference in a movie that's full of them. Like I'm sure that plenty of regular non-comic-aware viewers didn't catch the "Cap says Hail Hydra" reference. It happens. /shrug
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    April fools gamble box that behaves like almost every other gamble box, lack of R&D mats being the only significant difference.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    So the boomers don't get sarcasm neither... I dab to that and drop the knowledge bomb "9000 and 1/2" on this senior citizen's thread.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,470 Arc User
    So the boomers don't get sarcasm neither... I dab to that and drop the knowledge bomb "9000 and 1/2" on this senior citizen's thread.

Can we stop insulting older people by calling them boomers? Also, I do not always get sarcasm either because I am autistic and I am not a boomer. This is not a senior citizen's thread, this is a Star Trek Online player's thread.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    So I looked up this "ok Boomer" thing... looks like technically, I'm not a boomer. I'm only 49. :D

(on the other hand, I discovered yet another Young Hip Thing I was unaware of - TikTok, whatever the heck that is. )

But yeah - the boxes weren't the best April Fools joke they've done.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

It's not possible for everyone to be aware of everything. Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean that it isn't famous or well known.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.