test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 4/2/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited April 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/2 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11403633-pc-patch-notes-for-4%2F2%2F20.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates as well as fixes that were documented on Twitter but not in the patch notes, Cryptic!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    One of the rewards for completing this 14 day event lists 1x Captain Specialization Point but not the usual choice of this or a R&D Upgrade Token. I hope this is only a oversight. I would thing most of us already have our toons max out so a 1x Captain Specialization Point would be useless.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    One of the rewards for completing this 14 day event lists 1x Captain Specialization Point but not the usual choice of this or a R&D Upgrade Token. I hope this is only a oversight. I would thing most of us already have our toons max out so a 1x Captain Specialization Point would be useless.

If you're maxed out, the Spec point converts to Dilithium.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm sorry for posting here, but I can't find a proper topic: the Klingon Concertina Festival is already ended? It's began at 6pm local time (4pm gmt) and closed after a few hours? We tought that it stays for a day, same as Hearts and Minds.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    stlhee wrote: »
    I'm sorry for posting here, but I can't find a proper topic: the Klingon Concertina Festival is already ended? It's began at 6pm local time (4pm gmt) and closed after a few hours? We tought that it stays for a day, same as Hearts and Minds.

April fool !!!!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @whiteknight1x said:
    > One of the rewards for completing this 14 day event lists 1x Captain Specialization Point but not the usual choice of this or a R&D Upgrade Token. I hope this is only a oversight. I would thing most of us already have our toons max out so a 1x Captain Specialization Point would be useless.

The overlayed the type of First Contact Day Rewards from last year onto the 21-day setup. 14 days to get the Console instead of 4,with the added 'Bonus' of 25k Dilitium and extra beyond the 14. And it will be 14 because it does not look like you can use Legacy TFO Commendations Tokens.

Notice that it is not a TFO, but the Rocket building or a Patrol. Last year's 'buyout' Token was the Zefram Cochran Memorial Holograms of which they destroyed any extras you may have had in Inventory about two months after last year's First Contact Day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Just giving some of you the heads up. The UTC time of 14:00 - 16:30 is correct. The UK is now in BST so maintenance is 15:00 - 17:30.
    Based on the past many don't click on the what time is it for me link.
    Post edited by eazzie on
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Thanks for the updates as well as fixes that were documented on Twitter but not in the patch notes, Cryptic!
    And what/where are those?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2020
    eazzie wrote: »
    April fool !!!!
    Yes, I am. But its a game, and players come here to play, not to read a funny newspaper or to be aprils fool.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User

Yeah, because with NEW Star Trek series out there - there are NO new players checking out STO...oh, wait..
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User

You are so wrong and selfcentered on this point.....

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Thanks for the updates as well as fixes that were documented on Twitter but not in the patch notes, Cryptic!

Hmmm, hidden fixes....
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    mazujie wrote: »

You are so wrong and selfcentered on this point.....

Aye, it's still useful to those with a full set of Captain Specializations. Specialization point goes towards 'earning a level', which means dilithium award if you've maxed out your skills. :)
    edited April 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Thanks for the updates as well as fixes that were documented on Twitter but not in the patch notes, Cryptic!
    And what/where are those?

I said they were on Twitter especially Ambassador Kael's account and they involved fixes to the First Contact Day event.
    stlhee wrote: »
    April fool !!!!
    Yes, I am. But it's a game, and players come here to play, not to read a funny newspaper or to be April Fool.

You are no fun. It was an April Fool's joke.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    You are no fun. It was an April Fool's joke.
    The festival? Yes and I loved it. It was one of the best thing in STO, ever. But the early end is not. It should have been longer, not a few hours long. Last year lasted for a day.

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    When you gonna turn on the lobi sale?
  • unicron573unicron573 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    there is also a post that states the dilithium bonus weekend started today april 2nd but in game it says the 9th. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11401473
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    unicron573 wrote: »
    there is also a post that states the dilithium bonus weekend started today april 2nd but in game it says the 9th. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11401473

In my mind that posting is just a slight oops, & maybe the plan, since a certain percentage of players will use-up their premium mining claims & then realize after the fact the post was "fake news" by Cryptic. Another lower the dilithium value tactic conspiracy. The in-game calendar seems to be correct at least. Maybe Cryptic thought too much was going on this weekend?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    The new patrol in Montana on Earth is awesome! I love the map so much, also digging the night time, new models, graphical assets and sound clips in the patrol.

Some of the best content added to Star Trek Online in a looong time, not better than the new Galaxy Class model though. Nothing can beat that, hehe.
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I said they were on Twitter especially Ambassador Kael's account and they involved fixes to the First Contact Day event.

I know you said on Twitter. I have the Twitter feed for startrekonline and I didn't see any difference in its link and from here. However, now that I know it was Kael I looked there. And sure enough it is changes to prevent AFKing (which I speculated could be what was meant by 'fresh coat of paint') and that Rocket parts Quality will now make a difference.

Why that couldn't have been stated in the Patch Notes instead of the cutesy 'fresh coat of paint' is beyond me. They seem to thrive on being cryptic about things. And having to look all over the place to get the total picture.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yeah, Bonus Marks and the extra long First Contact Day, Dilitium was too much, especially given Lobi Sales, Zen Charge Bonuses and Key Sales. What we need is Carnival Barkers to keep the three ring circus together.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    unicron573 wrote: »

It would be nice if either here in the forum or on twitter, Cryptic at least acknowledged the "oops" date in the blog and issued a correction, or at least state officially that the calendar date of April 9 for the dilithium event is in fact correct.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    At times Cryptic's communication skills just aren't up to par. That Kael should've included all of the patch notes in these forums, that seems common sense.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I really want to try that new Patrol. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Welp, at least I've already got a bunch of Doff assignments going on my alts for next week when the bonus Dil event actually starts. :/
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Just giving some of you the heads up. The UTC time of 14:00 - 16:30 is correct. The UK is now in BST so maintenance is 15:00 - 17:30.
    Based on the past many don't click on the what time is it for me link.
    Actually, the UTC time of maintenance has been wrong for quite some time. It should read 15:00-17:30 before we switched to BST.
    Now that we're on BST, it should now read 16:00-18:30, if it's intended to follow UK time. If it's meant to stay as UTC, then it should remain as 15:00-17:30.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User

Need More Ground Patrols! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Need More Ground Patrols! :smiley:
    Yeah this mission was a lot of fun. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I don't know if it was a stealth patch in this Week's patch or last Week's but, a Character maxed on Spec Points is not getting Dilitium for any additional 'level ups' but are back to banking Spec Points in the Specialization UI.

This was with a Character who had never been maxed out in the past when they added new Specializations or had ever banked any in the past when they let you do that. The Character maxed out yesterday and gained another level today. To anticipate any questions.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.