test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mine Enemy - Cannot Decrypt Files on Romulan Bridge

thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
Hello Captains, hope your having a wonderful day. I have just tried to play Mine Enemy on the Romulan Faction/aligned with KDF, as a Reman character, Tactical career. I am flying the Ha'feh Assault Warbird ship with standard romulan bridge.

At the end of the mission where it asks you to go up to your ready room to decrypt the Tal Shiar files, I cannot find a computer to let me do this. The only computer in the ready room allows account bank access, on the bridge is the DOFF station. I have gone to every other level on the ship, every room, and there are no other consoles to use.

Therefore, I cannot finish the mission decrypting the files.

A bug? If so, how might I complete it, or is it just doomed.

Comments

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Definitely bugged, the computer thats supposed to do it is the desk in the ready room.

Yep, that isn't working, no access via the desk, it's just dead
  • Options
    Here is the video posted, you can see it not working at the end of the video/mission

https://youtu.be/NtWRTnYu168
  • Options
    moondust396#9843 moondust396 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Romulan characters are unable to use their ready rooms inside of their ship. I am on Tradecraft and I can not complete it because of this. I sent in a ticket a few days ago and created a forum post but no response yet. Hopefully there is a fix soon...
  • Options
    spiteuspiteu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I spent some time trying to use console commands to access the ships library.

You could look into using them on this mission as I tried to use them on the Tradecraft mission, never know, it might just work for you where it failed for me.

Otherwise we will need a patch.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Has anyone tried it with non-Romulan characters/ships yet? Along with wondering if this bug affects the other factions, I'm wondering whether or not it's a bug specific to Romulan ships. Granted, it's a bit of an inconvenience, but maybe a Rom character could try getting a non-Rom ship to see if it works there.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    st0902st0902 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I got a klingon ship, but am still unable to finish the mission....
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    not just Rom's.. Jem's too.. we can decrypt on the bridge and all files show green but will not mark the objective as completed. Multiple posts with Jem's
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Try again after this day's maintenance - not a long wait anymore.
    I think and hope it should be fixed.

(Note that I am just a player like you just saw a nice dev's post regarding Tradecraft, allegedly also including Mine Enemy fix there, and Yesterday's War - for Romulans. OFC unsure it's applicable/will work/will work for non Romulans but there is a good reason to think it helps and hope)

P.S.
    Mine Enemy bug was listed/marked as a duplicate (I think of Tradecraft bug?) so there is a really good reason to think it will be fixed with Tradecraft
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Hey all.. Just tested post-patch. Fixed for me on my Jem captain. When logging in, still showed progress not completed. Went to my Jem bridge and read a couple already decrypted files and all good now
  • Options
    rvcaptn#9385 rvcaptn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I DECRYPTED BUT IT WONT LET ME FINISH ANYWAY HUMAN IN READY ROOM SAYS IT IS DECRYPTED ON COMPUTER BUT NOT IN PROGRESS can not advance story
  • Options
    saidinspain#9662 saidinspain Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am a starfleet alien, however once I get the files, I can't access my ready room to decypher them.I am therefore unable to complete the mission
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    What do you mean you are not able to access your ready room? You need to go to the Starship Bridge and find your ready room. There should be a console there which you use to decipher the Tal Shiar files.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Ships with only a bridge typically have a library computer on the bridge, you have to go around to find the right console to work on.