test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

they're giving away a month free of CBS all access

captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
So apparently you can get a month free of CBS all access with the coupon code GIFT

https://ca.ign.com/articles/star-trek-picard-discovery-free-cbs-all-access-patrick-stewart

thought I'd link that for you all

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    What's the catch? :|
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    None, from what limited amount I looked in to it. It even blocks the commercials normally applied to the low-level subs. This is possibly just a way to get in to the good graces of potential subscribers during the pandemic.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Everyone's stuck inside with nothing to do, a free month right now seems like a great way to get people in and increase sub numbers.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    What's the catch? :|

the closest thing to a catch is you have to register and the first month is free so I imagine some people will just forget the unsubsscribe and end up staying subbed. so pretty much the same catch as anything when any sub service offers a free month.
    as evilmark said, right now folks are stuck in side, and proably consuming content at massive speeds (apparently netflix has reduced the quality of their streams slightly due to badwidth overloads in europe for example) so by giving away a free month they win some positive PR and proably get a few new fans too.

the news reports I've read are also crediting Patrick Stewart for this, so maybe he pushed for something to "help the fans out"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    the news reports I've read are also crediting Patrick Stewart for this, so maybe he pushed for something to "help the fans out"

That's what I've heard, that Patrick Stewart was behind the free month.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's what I've heard, that Patrick Stewart was behind the free month.

given my read of the guy, he managed to sell it on the idea of being a taste of all acess to the execs, but his real motivation was to give the fans something special while we're all locked in doors.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It requires a credit card in order to benefit. So I'll be fine skipping it. It's not free, it's free until you forget next month and you get billed for the first month. Just like Netflix did some time ago.
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    No good in the UK :(