test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quark Marauder

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
The Nagus Marauder (modified) is being added to the Infinity Lockbox. Now a Miracle Worker ship with a different Ship Mastery.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11386413-quark-gets-his-own-ship-in-the-infinity-lock-box!
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... it does look like consoles are getting something before PC on this one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, we'll get this soon anyway they have to add that Kelvin Divergence Lockbox contents here as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I want this... NOW!!... @ambassadorkael#6946, who or what i have to kill to get one?? :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    If we have the T5-U version already, will there be a way to make it T6? Thank you.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    If we have the T5-U version already, will there be a way to make it T6? Thank you.

No. You either buy the new ship or don't.
    edited April 2020
    If you were lucky enough to have been given the GPL Nagus Marauder a few years ago this has an extra Console Slot as it is Miracle Worker. The Nagus was Intelligence. The Nagus was an Account Unlock, this obviously isn't.

It has slightly less Hull but slightly more Shield. Beyond the extra Universal Console, this has one less Tactical and one more Science. It has +5 extra Weapon and Shield Power and +5 Inertia.

This has Lt. Commander Science and Ensign Universal, whereas the Nagus had both those at Lt.

The Mastery is different as I stated previously.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2020

They have never did it for any other Tier 5-U ship, so why would they start now?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    At least Madran had a cloak. Such a lost opportunity, a recent patrol mission with a cloaking Ferengi and Quark is left without a cloak to accompany his dagger.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have only one question:
    CAN IT BE GOLDEN?
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    CAN IT BE GOLDEN?

You should be able to customize it and use a vanity shield...how about Bozeman Titans vanity shield for a golden glare.

3utw7g.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I figured it was coming sooner or later to replace the D'kora. I guess this leaves only the Undine and Hirogen ships to get a T6 revamp. I wonder which one will be the last.
    CAN IT BE GOLDEN?

You should be able to customize it and use a vanity shield...how about Bozeman Titans vanity shield for a golden glare.​​

But will I be able to have it full gold platted like the Nagus dread? I know about the Titans vanity shield its one of my favorite but I really want to have it look like FULL golden (without the black) like a Ferengi ship of this kind has to look.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    So does the name of the original marauder change
    edited April 2020
    T5 is D'Kora. Original T6 was the Nagus Marauder, this is Quarks Marauder. This is a different Ship than the Nagus. They won't be changing the name.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    While glad some people will be able to get a T6 Marauder (the Nandi is nice, but not a Marauder) it feels a bit low effort to make a new lockbox a reskin of an old ship. Have the normal lockboxes become so meh? Does Cryptic only care about the Promo boxes anymore? That's the feeling I've been getting from how things are going. I've not seen a truly exciting lockbox in while. (Borg one was ok, I guess. I just can't stand asymmetrical ships.) :/
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    While glad some people will be able to get a T6 Marauder (the Nandi is nice, but not a Marauder) it feels a bit low effort to make a new lockbox a reskin of an old ship. Have the normal lockboxes become so meh? Does Cryptic only care about the Promo boxes anymore? That's the feeling I've been getting from how things are going. I've not seen a truly exciting lockbox in while. (Borg one was ok, I guess. I just can't stand asymmetrical ships.) :/

It's not a new lock box. It's a new ship added to the Infinity lock box:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11386413-quark-gets-his-own-ship-in-the-infinity-lock-box!
    New Lockboxes (like Kelvin Divergence or Borg) get new Ships. Infinity Lockboxes get the second to last Lockbox contents added and occasionally get an older T5 Lockbox Ship upgraded to T6 as a 'new' entry. Pretty soon they will have no more of those older T5 Lockbox Ships to Upgrade. After this, only the Undine Nicor and Hirogen Hunter will need the T6 Upgrade. The D'Kora will also be removed from the Infinity T5 Ship Selection Box Prize that can drop from the Infinity.

What they have been doing lately is not adding new T6 Ships to the Lobi Store with the release of a new Lockbox. They currently have three T5 Ships in that Store that need the T6 Upgrade. The Undine Dromias Bio-Crusier, the Hirogen Apex Heavy Battlecrusier, and the Advanced Obelisk Carrier.

The Infinity Promotion T6 Selection Box has been getting the better stuff as it is the richer prize vehicle. The only T5 Ship of past Promotions that still needs an upgrade is the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Crusier.

A few recent additions to this Promotion, like the Freedom Class Exploration Frigate and Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel really could have been Lockbox Ships.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... it does look like consoles are getting something before PC on this one.

That's the typical way that these releases for T6 versions of old T5 lock box ships go.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am confused.. why do we say it's coming to console first?

This is from the article linked..
    The Infinity Lock Box, containing prizes from nearly all previously-retired Lock Boxes, will be available again for an appearance on PC. During this time, enemies defeated on both Ground and Space maps will have a small chance of dropping one of these prize-filled packages.

This run of the Infinity Lock Box will feature the addition of the Ferengi Quark Marauder [T6] and the Kelvin Divergence Lockbox contents! Continue reading further on for the full details on these new offerings.

Where does it say this ship is coming to console first? What am I missing here?
    Insert witty signature line here.
    It did say PS4 and XBox1 originally. They obviously changed it since. Typical proofreading error in News Blog.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2020
    On Twitter, Thomas 'the Cat' said they updated the graphics on this and the D'Kora. He did not mention anything specifically about the Nagus.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It did say PS4 and XBox1 originally. They obviously changed it since. Typical proofreading error in News Blog.

That explains it.. thanks! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2020

That explains it.. thanks! :smile:

Yup, was corrected later, hence the confusion... anyway, i like this ship.. i have a ferengui captain, full Ferenginar Plasma set, and this ship would be perfect.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    New Lockboxes (like Kelvin Divergence or Borg) get new Ships. Infinity Lockboxes get the second to last Lockbox contents added and occasionally get an older T5 Lockbox Ship upgraded to T6 as a 'new' entry. Pretty soon they will have no more of those older T5 Lockbox Ships to Upgrade. After this, only the Undine Nicor and Hirogen Hunter will need the T6 Upgrade. The D'Kora will also be removed from the Infinity T5 Ship Selection Box Prize that can drop from the Infinity.

What they have been doing lately is not adding new T6 Ships to the Lobi Store with the release of a new Lockbox. They currently have three T5 Ships in that Store that need the T6 Upgrade. The Undine Dromias Bio-Crusier, the Hirogen Apex Heavy Battlecrusier, and the Advanced Obelisk Carrier.

The Infinity Promotion T6 Selection Box has been getting the better stuff as it is the richer prize vehicle. The only T5 Ship of past Promotions that still needs an upgrade is the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Crusier.

A few recent additions to this Promotion, like the Freedom Class Exploration Frigate and Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel really could have been Lockbox Ships.

I don't have much hope for the Obelisk and Bulwark getting the T6 treatment. They're kind of oddball outliers.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they did give the T6 treatment to some of the boobie-prize ships like the Tholian Meshweaver, APU Cruiser, Nihydron Destroyer, Kazon Raider, and Malon Garbage Scow/Battlecruiser. Might even be a good excuse to add things like a Lobi Kazon Carrier or even new/repurposed stuff like Hierarchy vessels and those sleek Octanti ships that don't really deserve their own proper lockbox.
    When does it come? Tomorrow?
    Most likely, but they didn't say specifically.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    same ship different label - what next cryptic? I haven't been excited to play in months
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    same ship different label - what next cryptic? I haven't been excited to play in months

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

I don't play Ferengi characters myself but many people do and will be happy to have a new T6 choice, especially if they missed the event ship.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Good for all those wanting a T6 D'kora the bridge itself is special with access to banks/mail and the exchange. But... the dilex just went below 400 expecting an incoming key sale to inflate it back up.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    its not the nagus, its the quark.
This discussion has been closed.