test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: You guys having fun?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    Nick: plenty.. if any Jem'hadar get in out way I would love to use this on them

Briana: I meant... isnt it unorthodox because we're down here rescuing civilians who could get hurt by fire.

Nick: that's why I only plan to use this close range. The pellets will likely penetrate and remain burning on the inside
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    alex: and the nozzles on this are specifically designed so the mixture can only be ejected in short bursts...mainly to encourage fuel economy with the less experienced wildfires instead of the 'spray 'n pray' mentality one often finds themselves with when you can spray a constant stream of fire​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Briana: Would you use something like this on a sapient lifeform?

Nick: If i had to, such as the Jem'Hadar.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    alex: we still don't even know that the hur'q ARE sapient...certainly the behavior they've displayed so far seems to suggest sapience is not to be found​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Briana: *sighs* right....

Nick: is there something you're not telling us Commander?

Briana: .....No sir.

Garak: *beams down* we're about as close as we can get to Quark's last known location as we can get with transporters. We'll have to make the rest of the trip the old fashioned way. Shall we?
    Krystal: Alex... their use of ships and technology kinda fly in the face of that. The Hur'q seem to be some kind of... contradiction really. But again we're working with little to no information. So lets go get some information.
    *looks over at Nick for a moment due to him bringing up Jem'Hadar multiple times*
    This is gonna be complicated...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: why is that?

Garak: *starts walking* Quark's lifesign is near here. Let's find a way in.

Briana: *follows Garak*
    edited March 2020
    alex: that's not exactly a sign of intelligence - the kazon can use ships and technology too, yet the species as a whole is too stupid to realize water is the most abundant resource in the universe next to carbon and can be easily extracted from any number of comets *he retorts as he follows garak down the grassy path*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    Jorin: *walks forward with the two other mandalorians following close by* these hur’q remind me of geonosians from back home. An insect like species that run a bit like a hive mind. Back during the clone wars their home world geonosis had one of the largest droid producing factories, but I have yet to see any actual intelligence in these hur’q.

Jakara: *walks with bri*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: I have no idea what a Kazon is but from the sound of it... I half stand by alex here... *Follows the group.*

*they come across a cave entrance*

Garak: How Convenient! We've found a hidden path. Let's have a look. *enters the cave*
    Krystal: The Kazon are not even a minor power in the Delta Quadrant. You ever heard of the USS Voyager?

And Alex... we may be talking about the same Hur'q from Klingon legend. Which means that they are a lot older than the Kazon as a space faring species. Who knows what happened.
    alex: yes, and from what i've heard of those legends, they weren't any less zerg-like THEN either​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: I don't know what Zerg are, but they sound nasty... Honestly I'm more inclined to compare them to the bugs from starship troopers. or Tyranids
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    jorin: I don’t know what any of those are. *makes his way into the cave*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: the bugs from starship troopers are... well... giant deadly bugs... who are kinda dumb. Like the Hur'q. And their main way of colonizing planets is throwing their seed into space so to speak. So they are interstellar. Just really dumb.
    alex: and the zerg are a terrifying and ruthless amalgamation of biologically advanced, arthropodal aliens; dedicated to the pursuit of genetic perfection, the zerg relentlessly hunt down and assimilate advanced species across their native galaxy, incorporating useful genetic code into their own; they are named "the Swarm" per their ability to rapidly create strains, and the relentless assaults they employ to overwhelm their foes *the wolf intones, sounding as if he's reading from a textbook* and that description doesn't even begin to compare to the reality of facing the swarm firstpaw - luckily, i haven't had to...yet, since the only times i've seen the zerg in action so far, we were allies​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited March 2020
    Nick: Oooooh, so they are just like tyranids! Kinda in a few ways at least. Makes me wanna keep this shotgun with me forever. That is horrifying.
    Krystal: Alex... you did. That whole Amon situation?

Wait... time travel...
    *sigh*
    I hate temporal mechanics...
    edited March 2020
    (yes; presumably the reason the zerg are so similar to tyranids is that blizzard originally wanted to make a game set in the W40K universe, but at the time they were unable to acquire the necessary license...so they made their own universe, along with hundreds of millions of dollars - definitely a big win for them, and a loss for...whoever owns W40K)

alex: yes, as i said, i haven't fought them...YET - unless you count the void shades that mimicked zerg strains​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: What are you talking about, Krystal? what about time travel?

Briana: I think i may have some idea but I was only shown from someone else's perspective.

Garak: Interesting. The metal in the walls here completely scatters my sensors.
    Krystal: *brings up her tricorder* Yea... makes for a good natural defense. Tricorder's all but useless.
    alex; possibly duranium deposits...that metal can be used to scramble all manner of scanners, as can thoron particles​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: so, who wants to breach the big door over there?
    alex: hmmm...*he mutters, examining the door* how structurally sound do you think these tunnels are?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: extremely sound if they could build all this here and keep it as well hidden as it is instead of a gaping hole in the ground.
    alex: right...*he says distractedly as he continues examining the door* so a few explosive charges shouldn't cause the roof of the cave to come crashing down on our heads, yes?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: I think we'll be fine. And in the unlikely scenario that does happen... you have magic. Just portal that stuff elsewhere. Or levitate it with your mind or... something?
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Prime Raneson: *Thinks, then approaches Adam again, using her sultry tone again, but also in a more flirty manner in terms of body language* Hey, Lieutenant?
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
    Adam: uhhh... yes Lieutenant Commander? *keeps his eyes on his console*

*Koroh and Sn'ket look up from their stations, discreetly trying to watch, squinting a bit confused*