test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you find the Federation Admiralty Reward useful? What would you want in its stead?

caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
With the semi-recent changes to the Admiralty system having a very mixed reception - to put it nicely - I was curious about the Federation Tour of Duty completion reward and what people thought of it, and what they would replace it with if they had the chance.

Right now for completing all 10 Tours of Duty for the Federation you receive a Captain Specialization Point. Do you find that useful or beneficial at all? Why/Why not?

What would rather have the Federation reward be?
Personally, I really like the suggestion someone made in ESD chat that the Federation reward track gives Reputation Dilithium Vouchers. I hate how much dilithium some of the items cost and I would find Admiralty Vouchers VERY helpful in getting my appropriate equipment.

But what do you think?
(Please don't go on and on about the Ferengi or Klingon changes in this thread, that's a discussion that's probably already been had and is best done elsewhere. Thanks)
liCO4Xm.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    It's very easy to earn piles of dil, and the refinement cap exists for a reason. Removing a personal dil sink and adding a new *refined* dil award will just cause dilflation.

I'm fine with getting _2_ spec points for completing the Fed rep especially since I also received dil and credits along the way to it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    You want Dilithium, there's Klingon and Ferengi admiralty. Fed is good for building up your spec points.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I think the reward for Federation admiralty is just fine. Romulan admiralty is the completely useless one. I'd change it to award phoenix upgrades instead.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I think the reward for Federation admiralty is just fine. Romulan admiralty is the completely useless one. I'd change it to award phoenix upgrades instead.

That I can agree with. I don't bother with the Romulan track at all once I have the ship card.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Amen!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    phoenix would not only make doing romulan a bit more rewarding...it would also fit the whole bird theme they have, since phoenixes are immortal firebirds​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You want Dilithium, there's Klingon and Ferengi admiralty. Fed is good for building up your spec points.

Yea I agree, this is very important for New Players...

If you want DIL use the Klingon to get several fleet items, including donating to fleet projects; for a bonus DIL boost use the Ferengi. I think they've mostly got a nice balance as is.

I'd welcome them reconsidering the Romulan reward though. I don't think they'd include Phoenix, but it would be nice to see the Romulan upgrades revised slightly.
    0zxlclk.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Phoenix is an excelent choice.. i haven touch the romulan one since i finished it.. there are not valuable enough by the amount of time i expend in those.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well no, the romulan admiralty reward would be fine as is, if they upped the amount of upgrades you got. Spending 10 days to get 4 upgrades, what's basically a slap in the face, isn't worth it. Now if it reward 15 or 20... then we've got a decent reason to do this one.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I like the change to Phoenix packs for the Romulans. I'd love to Change the Federation campaign to something more useful like 1,000 marks of your choice.
    indyshark wrote: »
    I like the change to Phoenix packs for the Romulans. I'd love to Change the Federation campaign to something more useful like 1,000 marks of your choice.

Unfortunately marks can be traded for dil, so that will cause dilflation.

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The fed admiralty helped me get my second specialty maxed while going for the fed level10 card, it has it's place.

I think when I'm maxed out I'll be focusing on the klingons as there is plenty of fleet stuff I want to build up.
    edited March 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    indyshark wrote: »

Unfortunately marks can be traded for dil, so that will cause dilflation.

That's why I specifically said Fleet marks in my proposal, which can't be. Plus fleet marks bonus pools already exist (as a fleet vendor item), it would just take giving some of those for free, like how we used to get Phoenix boxes for free (1x/day) during events.

Yes, fleet marks would be fine. However, in most fleets flarks are hard to spend so they're much less useful than spec points. The people who want flarks are usually single-person or very tiny fleets. Even with those if you can join an armada then you might get all the flarks you want from other fleets.

Dil is the main shortage for most fleets, and giving fleet dil for Klingon helps with that while letting people earn fleet credit "for free" instead of using their refined dil.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    The problem with changing the Federation reward to fleet marks is that two of the four admiralty would be useless to anyone not in a fleet.
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I find the Federation 2 skill point reward handy. It's enabled me to catch up my JH character at a quicker pace (and unlock all the associated rewards being a Gamma recruit) without having to continually grind XP. It's also handy for alts you want to gain skill points for, without having to actively play them. That way when you do get around to playing them, they'll have their spec trees mostly filled out, making the rep grind considerably less annoying.

Changing it to a mark reward would actually be worse than DOFFing. Just popping out into space around Qo'Nos, New Romulus or ESD allows you to load up a ton of DOFF missions, then convert the excess CXP into marks at your fleet starbase. In the time it'd take to do one campaign with the Federation, you'd actually earn more from DOFF missions.

The time it takes to set up said DOFF missions takes less than 2 minutes. You'll also get plenty of colonists and prisoners to turn into fleet credits too. Also around 2-3k dilithium per day from it, so there's more incentive to do it.

This is of course assuming you've reached Tier 4 in the categories you're doing missions for.
This discussion has been closed.