test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 Weeks of Bonus Marks Event

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11396783

This is pretty cool done by Cryptic, thanks for the extra boost during these trying times.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Nice! This is great if you have alts with unfinished reps or no gear, or if you just want to try a new gear set for fun.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Cool. I made a Liberated Borg when the LockCube came out. This will help in reaching Tier 6 in all of the reps.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Marks are easy to get, rather have the xp event like most other games are doing...
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Nice! This is great if you have alts with unfinished reps or no gear, or if you just want to try a new gear set for fun.

Agreed. I like it for that fact, especially for reps whose TFOs and such don't pop often.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Ehh, most of my alts are just resource pylons. I'm not wasting the time, effort, and resources to gear them up. I mean, most of them were leveled via doffing and then admiralty, so they're still sitting the gear you get from the tutorial.

The alts I do play, are geared enough to be able to handle normal easy, and can hold their own in advanced. Only reason I'd mark farm on them is to trade those marks in for dil, since they're already at T5 reps.

This is also why I've suggested that the Random TFO mark packages be bound to account. I still have to play said TFO's to get it. I just get to do so on the characters I want to play.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    > @lianthelia said:
    > Marks are easy to get, rather have the xp event like most other games are doing...

^ This
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, Weekend XP Events are limited. We used to get at least an entire month of Bonus XP before a new Season was released.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Marks are easy to get, rather have the xp event like most other games are doing...
    XP is enough to get.
    3 weeks of bonus marks will go a long way for alts and new(ish) players, especially considering that some marks are harder to get than others, (Competitive, anyone?). Because, yes: there are still people that, as it's their right to do, don't like playing random queues. Imagine that.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It is a nice gesture on Cryptic's part. Please remember they do not have to do anything at all.

Not everyone has been playing this game since before Steve Jobs invented the InterWebs and have fully mature, completely developed characters. Nor do some of us treat our alts purely as resource farmers. So we can have the one all powerful character who generates a gazillion DPS.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'll take the marks over xp. XP and marks are both easy to get. But marks can be turned into dil more easily than xp can.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.