test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion - Additional Starship, Space, Ground Trait, Character Species Specific slot

With the newer content coming out and the changes that are made to ship traits and the introduction of new starship, ground, and space traits from the rep system: I think it would be a good idea to allow players to have 5 traits slots open with the option to "buy" a 6th slot. As most players have a certain traits that are a "standard" for them: it would be nice to have a 6th slot to perhaps provide better synergy between weapons, giving additional traits to help with survival when players are not exactly OP, or being able to work with traits more freely without having to sacrifice the staples they rely on. The reason I suggested 1 and not 5 is because I think being able to slot one additional slot shouldn't be too difficult to add in. Also, another suggestion would be to have a slot that is species specific that can be slotted to always be used regardless of what the other personal space and ground traits are. For example.: the human species has 9 traits that can be selected. Why not have a slot that would allow players to select something like "Techie" or another trait that won't count against players as a trait to be used (opening up the slot for something else). I know that alien toons get 10 trait slots on ground or space traits: but, the reason why most players enough the alien species is because they have the freedom of that additional slot. By making Klingons, Romulans, Human, Trill, etc having an additional slot would level the playing field more for the choices players have. Personally I think that all species should have 10 space and 10 ground traits regardless. (Side Note: The issue of alien toons begin about to use the "host" texture has not been resolved: only being able to use the Trill species as a whole fixes the issue.)

These suggestions were originally forwarded to support; but, support suggested I post them here, despite my misgivings of doing so.

Comments

• cabbie#9405 cabbie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Would be nice if they added 6th ship trait or 7th active duty officer slots but is considered dps creep.
    Reason why it would be nice is that of NEW ship traits are no better than old ones you cant really replace the old one and no reason to get new one and don't have a reason to obtain them. They could also make T7 ships that give an extra trait built in trait or a extra trait slot.