test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prevailing Bolstered Impulse Engines Mk XII and Control Bridge Officer Abilities

neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
Hi all!

I am experimenting with a Science character and I wanted to see what I can do with a Gravity Well build.

Read that Prevailing Bolstered Impulse Engines Mk XII has this Overcharge ability that is triggered when a Control or Drain Bridge Officer ability is activated. That 10% Increased recharge speed on Science Bridge Officer powers for 10 secs is really nice.

However, when I activated Gravity Well III, this ability does not trigger. Tractor Beam and Tyken's Rift did trigger it though. So, what other Bridge Officer powers are considered Control abilities?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

Answers

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Gravity well is a control-related skill, so unsure why it's a problem for you

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Control_Expertise
  • neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Exactly! I always assumed Gravity Well is a Control ability but yet it is not triggering Overcharge. However, Tractor Beam is.

Is this a bug?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    are you at min cool down already? if so it wont do anything.
    Nope. I even checked the pop up tooltip for Gravity Well and Tractor Beam. It isbvery obvious that the Overcharge ability is not triggered by Gravity Well but Tractor Beam does.
    edited March 2020
    I did. And I just found out this bug was reported MONTHS ago and Cryptic has yet to fix it.
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I actually reported this bug on October 2018 and it's still not been fixed. I found it only worked with tachyon beam and tractor beam back then, and no other control abilities.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I actually reported this bug on October 2018 and it's still not been fixed. I found it only worked with tachyon beam and tractor beam back then, and no other control abilities.

Well, that's not encouraging.

OP, I suggest you consider switching to the Fortified Version, this might give you more procs since many Science abilities work for them (Science Team, Hazard Emitters, Transfer Shield Strength) as well as engineering abilities like Engineering Team.

Since they work on any Shield or Hull heal, they may give you more procs in the event that this bug isn't fixed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User

How shockingly unshocking.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I picked them up the other day, in addition to the MACO Engines. Equipped the latter. That with the Gamma Core and the Extensively Modified Warp Core Ship Trait has me tooling about in Slipstream at Warp 95.

Now, after the Event with its Choice Mark Packs is over they have a Bonus Marks Event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Well, that's not encouraging.
    >
    > OP, I suggest you consider switching to the Fortified Version, this might give you more procs since many Science abilities work for them (Science Team, Hazard Emitters, Transfer Shield Strength) as well as engineering abilities like Engineering Team.
    >
    > Since they work on any Shield or Hull heal, they may give you more procs in the event that this bug isn't fixed.

You can far better control when you activate the speed boost also with the fortified version. I tried the weapon ones for some time and felt they made me fly drunk.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
This discussion has been closed.