test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

subspace vortex 3, question;

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
hi, I created this thread before an enventual bug report. I have a lot of problem with this skill; most of the time, it can't be activated (the icon is not greyed, everything seems fine).

explanation: I choose a target, i want to use the skill but it doesn't want to work.
from time to time, the skill works but without any special reasons.
this skill needs to be activated simultaneously with an other skill? or the skill is bugged?

btw, I have this problem with all my sci toons and my eng/tac characters. (all factions)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    hi, I created this thread before an enventual bug report. I have a lot of problem with this skill; most of the time, it can't be activated (the icon is not greyed, everything seems fine).

I've noticed that it won't trigger sometimes, especially when you're hammering targets with a lot of science AOEs. Originally I thought the range on the power was lower than it claimed (and lower than it took to ungrey the ability) but I've checked and it does work at 10km. Maybe a lower arc than it claims? Hard to say.

But yes, you're not alone in noting the problem.

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    ok, thx, I'm going to do more tests,and if i have still problems, i would create a bug report. :)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Like a lot of abilities and consoles, this one's activation can be cut off, depending on how fast you try to activate another power after it. It also has habit, like some, where if the target dies while the power is activating it will do one of two things. Go in to cool down, like it had been activated, without actually doing so. Or hit a global 2 second CD. I usually keep this paired with a Grav Well, so I see this happen. I also see the activation thing with Plasma Storm, where I activate it, and fire a weapon, or activate another ability rather quickly, and the Plasma Storm just flashes like it going to activate, but doesn't.

Then, SSV just has it's rare stubborn moments where it doesn't want to work at all.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User

I've noticed that it won't trigger sometimes, especially when you're hammering targets with a lot of science AOEs. Originally I thought the range on the power was lower than it claimed (and lower than it took to ungrey the ability) but I've checked and it does work at 10km. Maybe a lower arc than it claims? Hard to say.

But yes, you're not alone in noting the problem.
    I've encountered difficulties activating it as well and have it bound to a specific key.

Haven't ruled out user error (perhaps loss of target lock or something else) but it's interesting that others are experiencing the same thing.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Like a lot of abilities and consoles, this one's activation can be cut off, depending on how fast you try to activate another power after it. It also has habit, like some, where if the target dies while the power is activating it will do one of two things. Go in to cool down, like it had been activated, without actually doing so. Or hit a global 2 second CD. I usually keep this paired with a Grav Well, so I see this happen. I also see the activation thing with Plasma Storm, where I activate it, and fire a weapon, or activate another ability rather quickly, and the Plasma Storm just flashes like it going to activate, but doesn't.

While all this is true in general of boff abilities, the SSV issue is separate from that. I've had times when I am activating nothing else, am in range, have SSV off cooldown, and hitting the key or clicking the ability does nothing - it greys briefly to signify that it is being clicked but nothing happens and it lights back up when you stop clicking it.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    dont put subspace vortex in a spambind. you will activate it and with your next press deactivate it by teleporting to it instantly.
    in addition, the target need to be in your arc and you need aux power. but thats all basically
This discussion has been closed.