test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

1234568»

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I wonder if the problem is not Star Trek Online causing the problem of you and the person above you having no sound. What OS do you have? Have you uninstalled/ disabled the audio drivers and then updated them? I wish there was a screenshot showing the problem. It is hard to visualize it happening. I have no sound problems in this game so cannot figure out how people are having these problems. I am not denying that there is a problem. Have you also uninstalled Arc and then reinstalled it? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 3,602 Arc User
    edited February 22
    Check your game settings. The last time I got a new monitor, STO decided to set the monitor as the default audio output device and, since it does not have built in speakers, this resulted in no sound. Switching the setting back to actually present speakers solved it.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    Double playing or just older dialogue of otherwise removed characters is still a very common issue and hasn't been addressed or fixed in what, nearly 2 years? Not even a "we're aware of the problem" it doesn't show up in known issues of patch notes.
  • xenderzenxenderzen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    When I choose a different output other than what Windows has set as a default, the game will not remember that setting or use that setting.

An example; Windows 10 OS is set to use my speakers, the game is set to use my headset. There are three issues, the first issue is that the game will not output to the headset if I change to that output in game. The second issue is that if I change Windows 10 OS to that output, it will then start outputting to whatever new device I chose in Windows 10, no matter what output has been chosen in the game. The third issue is that it will keep whatever device I chose for as long as I play the game, but when I close the game and then open it again, the output device will have changed from the setting I chose before quitting the game, if what I chose was anything other than what the Windows 10 OS has set as the default audio device.
    "...just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."