test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corona Virus is going to derail Star Trek series plans

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
Corona Virus is going to derail Star Trek series plans.

I point this out because I don't want to see people pointing out that Section 31 isn't going into production this Spring, so it "must mean its been cancelled". No it means the Canadian US border is shut down, Hollywood is shut down, and all that jazz.

So the schedule, like everyones has been sent into chaos.

The bright side is at least we will still get Discovery season 3, and most likely Lower Decks this year.

But Section 31 Season 1, Picard Season 2, Discovery Season 4, Lower Decks Season 2, ST: Pike, ST: Starfleet Academy, ST: Prodigy, and Star Trek: Crossovers (place holder name) will all be delayed, perhaps to 2022 or later even in some cases.

Comments

• mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Do some reading to fill the gap.

Just not necessarily this one.

418y5EISntL._SY346_.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Well, I mean, it's hard to go wrong with Greg Bear, but yes the title might be a little off-putting... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Corona Virus is going to derail Star Trek series plans.

I point this out because I don't want to see people pointing out that Section 31 isn't going into production this Spring, so it "must mean its been cancelled". No it means the Canadian US border is shut down, Hollywood is shut down, and all that jazz.

So the schedule, like everyones has been sent into chaos.

The bright side is at least we will still get Discovery season 3, and most likely Lower Decks this year.

But Section 31 Season 1, Picard Season 2, Discovery Season 4, Lower Decks Season 2, ST: Pike, ST: Starfleet Academy, ST: Prodigy, and Star Trek: Crossovers (place holder name) will all be delayed, perhaps to 2022 or later even in some cases.

Actually the Section 31 filming start date was pushed back to accommodate Michelle Yeoh's schedule as she was set to do something for a film role; but I agree, with everything industry wide stopped or shut down - once production starts up - many things across the entire industry (not just Star Trek) are going to have to be reworked and rescheduled.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Maybe we will have the opposite of the Writer's Strike about 10 years ago where we will get better content since they have longer to work on it.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @starkaos said:
    > Maybe we will have the opposite of the Writer's Strike about 10 years ago where we will get better content since they have longer to work on it.

Perhaps, they have extra time for polish.
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Well during the meantime we can all go play STO and refine tons of dilithium 👽
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    WIth our luck, bored CBS execs will write their own Star Trek fan fiction, delude themselves into thinking it's the best Star Trek ever, and make new series out of it...
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    WIth our luck, bored CBS execs will write their own Star Trek fan fiction, delude themselves into thinking it's the best Star Trek ever, and make new series out of it...

What? ST:VOY already came and went. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... its not just Star Trek that's being affected. Word is that the Olympics are now posponed. It has NEVER been posponed before. Even during massive wars like WW2 we had the Olympics. Virus just made more history.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... its not just Star Trek that's being affected. Word is that the Olympics are now posponed. It has NEVER been posponed before. Even during massive wars like WW2 we had the Olympics. Virus just made more history.

Not true. The 1940 and 1944 Olympic Games were both cancelled. So were the 1916 Olympics for that matter.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    While I did not know that... it still applies as you said they were outright canceled. Not posponed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I suspect the olympics will be canceled
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I suspect the olympics will be canceled

Canada and Australia are not participating while the pandemic is happening. It is more likely that the Olympics will be postponed not cancelled.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    As long as we don't discover that Japan has built some sort of cryogenic storage facility underneath the Tokyo 2020 Olympics arena, all will be well.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    @starkaos said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Canada and Australia are not participating while the pandemic is happening. It is more likely that the Olympics will be postponed not cancelled.

I think it was postponed. My buddy, Abe was talking about it on TV last night.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    arnthebard wrote: »
    Well during the meantime we can all go play STO and refine tons of dilithium 👽

Way ahead of you on this
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).