test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Section 31 Battleship Nerfs

banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I went out of my way trying to get this ship blowing almost 3K Zen to do so. When I got it I couldn't have been happier. I was even more happier as I used it more and more at how well it performed. The overall power of it seemed on par for a ship that was that rare. Now you nerfed it in the most recent patch. Seriously? Was this really necessary? I'd love my zen back because this ship for lack of a better word, sucks. It was where it needed to be before. Now I don't know what to make of it. Does this one belong to Mr. Hanky or what? It's such a tug boat now I feel like a moving target more than anything. That's with using piloting as one of my skill choices. I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with these changes. So much that I just don't even really care about logging in anymore.
1st Fist of Light, Commander
Section 31
Global Handle: @Marshal_Valor

Comments

• Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    banegrivm wrote: »
    I went out of my way trying to get this ship blowing almost 3K Zen to do so. When I got it I couldn't have been happier. I was even more happier as I used it more and more at how well it performed. The overall power of it seemed on par for a ship that was that rare. Now you nerfed it in the most recent patch. Seriously? Was this really necessary? I'd love my zen back because this ship for lack of a better word, sucks. It was where it needed to be before. Now I don't know what to make of it. Does this one belong to Mr. Hanky or what? It's such a tug boat now I feel like a moving target more than anything. That's with using piloting as one of my skill choices. I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with these changes. So much that I just don't even really care about logging in anymore.

How was it nerfed? There's nothing about that in the patch notes... and the ship wasn't particularly strong to begin with.

3000 ZEN is peanuts when it comes to acquiring a promo ship, btw.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They fixed the deflector animation and the Warp Out sound.. which one of these changes do you consider a “nerf?”
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    It's speed is reduced and it turns slower. 3K may be nothing to you but when you can't afford it, it's money out the window in this case.
    Section 31
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    It's speed is reduced and it turns slower.

Neither of these things is true.

The only changes to the ship were cosmetic. If your ship is slower then it was yesterday, then you should check your equipment and your traits because something on your build has changed.

The ship was not nerfed.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I've been flying this ship specifically and I'm intimately familiar with it. It's definitely slower. My ships equipment and traits have not magically changed since the patch. I've noticed this especially when fighting Vaaduar. I used to be able to outrun them when they would launch those mines of theirs. I could just fly out at full impulse. Since the patch, not at all. Also keep in mind not all changes are always documented. This could even be a bug.
    Post edited by banegrivm on
    Section 31
  • Options
    I'm not taking that bait sorry. I've been flying the ship exclusively. I like the build I use. Boffs, traits, gear, etc. I know what I am using and what I am doing. You have no idea what I am using and doing. I do. You don't. Since the patch it flies slower. My loadout didn't magically change. From the way you write your post you make it sound like you have little to no experience with the ship. I liked it enough when it came out that I made it my main ship. I don't bother flying any of my other ships. I know how it handles with the loadout and the situations I've dropped it into. I have patrols for example that I like to fly in because I can fly them solo. The ship flies and maneuvers badly since the patch. This simple fact isn't going to magically change.
    Section 31
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    What are you using on your ship? Also are you in swarm mode or not when you've noticed the changes? if nothing has changed this may be a bug.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk

Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Section 31
  • Options
    What are you using on your ship? Also are you in swarm mode or not when you've noticed the changes? if nothing has changed this may be a bug.

I'm using the Iconian Set. I have since day one. I love swarm mode and use it often. If memory serves me correctly it also enhances speed and turning but it gives a minus 15 percent to your hull. To be honest I like swarm mode so much I don't typically bother with dark mode past my opening shot.

Section 31
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Why are you getting hostile? People are trying to help you here.

The questions ColdNapalm asked you were very reasonable and are necessary to help figure out why this problem is happening. Your heated reply to him was completely unwarranted.

To be clear, no one is saying 'you suck,' we're saying that something is up because no changes should have been made to this ship. Your best course of action is to continue to answer darkblade's questions, he can get the information to the developers if needed, but right now this looks like some type of bug. Determining the cause of the bug is difficult and requires knowledge of what you're running and how you're using it.

Napalm wasn't trying to 'bait' you and frankly.. the dude knows his stuff and can help you.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @banegrivm post up your build for us to look at. need to see your skills, your traits you're using, as well as equipment and such. by knowing what you have we can compare what you have to lists of known changes as of late. if there has been a change then you will know. if it turns out to be a bug it will get corrected.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I've been flying this ship specifically and I'm intimately familiar with it. It's definitely slower. My ships equipment and traits have not magically changed since the patch. [...]

Do note that randomly having equipment slot out or swap back to what an earlier build has, as well as Traits no longer being slotted without you touching them, is a thing that does happen. What's worse, it usually doesn't even require a patch to have happen, it can happen just changing zones if the bug hits. Right after last patch, after going from Ds9 orbit to Sector Space on one of my ships had several pieces of gear get knocked to Inventory and I only noticed it because one of my fore weapon slots was empty on the UI. It's very annoying, but double-check that your gear and traits haven't magically changed on you.
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @tom61sto said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do note that randomly having equipment slot out or swap back to what an earlier build has, as well as Traits no longer being slotted without you touching them, is a thing that does happen. What's worse, it usually doesn't even require a patch to have happen, it can happen just changing zones if the bug hits. Right after last patch, after going from Ds9 orbit to Sector Space on one of my ships had several pieces of gear get knocked to Inventory and I only noticed it because one of my fore weapon slots was empty on the UI. It's very annoying, but double-check that your gear and traits haven't magically changed on you.

DITTO!!! I have experienced the bug going into PvP. Nothing sucks more than to be in combat and your crew decides to go AWOL. Several years ago we had a similar problem occur where weapons disappeared off the ship and were totally lost. They weren't returned to your inventory. Unfortunately bugs do happen. Adapt and overcome. Anybody remember how Sulu's ship would mop the floor with any five players? The bugged 8472 spy mission pissed off a ton of players. I took time to study it and with my fleet mates help we found a way to overcome the problem. Same situation with the Borked Borg King mission. Those were some of my fondest memories of STO because I would refuse to quit when others have up because it seemed impossible to beat at the time.

We all get frustrated... Take a deep breath and retool. Nothing stays the same for long in STO.