Install Arc

Reduce number of people in instances

124»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    kiksken wrote: »
    Can't be that hard to understand?

No one fails to understand your 'idea,' we get it. The argument comes because your idea sucks.

Why not just go all the way with your idea huh? Since in your example.. you're altering or 'capping' the value of "D" after the number is calcualted.. what you're really doing is just making values A, B and C meaningless since your pathetic cap would be so easy to hit anyway. Why go through the work? Why not just say 'everyone does X damage no matter what build or skills they use.'

Then you can completely remove any skill or thought and you can have the exact game you want! You know what works like that? cheap-o mobile games.. you should go play those.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Now, let me for once and for always stop the idiocy here and prove my point about DPS:

Take WATHEVER fighting game, be it with ships, cars, persons, does not matter.
    Take the HARDEST BOSS of it, fire up a trainer with instant kill cheat, and shoot that thing.
    It will DIE.
    The cheat has NOT altered ANYTHING but the END DAMAGE VALUE.
    It has NOT altered your skill, your weapon, NOTHING, but the END DAMAGE VALUE!!!!!!!!!!

And this can work the opposite way as well, thus create a hard cap, in game.

Now, before you post anything in reply, think 5000 times, and then hold your peace!
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    @darkbladejk @baddmoonrizin I think we can effectively close this now. The subject had been derailed and the arguing is still in progress.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    kiksken wrote: »
    Now, let me for once and for always stop the idiocy here and prove my point about DPS:

Take WATHEVER fighting game, be it with ships, cars, persons, does not matter.
    Take the HARDEST BOSS of it, fire up a trainer with instant kill cheat, and shoot that thing.
    It will DIE.
    The cheat has NOT altered ANYTHING but the END DAMAGE VALUE.
    It has NOT altered your skill, your weapon, NOTHING, but the END DAMAGE VALUE!!!!!!!!!!

And this can work the opposite way as well, thus create a hard cap, in game.

Now, before you post anything in reply, think 5000 times, and then hold your peace!

Now, let me for once and for always stop your idiocy here about DPS:

Your proposed cap is like an Endeavor, saying something like 'Do 500,000 Kinetic damage.' That sort of thing the game can easily track (and demonstrably has). But that's not DPS, as the latter stands for Damage Per Second, whereas you just appear to be talking about damage alone. The difference is big. Huge.

Capping DPS is, for all purposes and intent, an extremely bad idea. Even just capping damage alone. As Sea argued, it kills any and all incentive to 'git good', it pretty much invalidates all your gear/upgrades, makes all your piloting skills useless, and will send Cryptic straight into filing Chapter 11, shortly thereafter, as no one will bother to buy good ships, gear, etc anyone. Oh, and before that happens, watch droves of players get an AFK penalty, as your idea makes them no longer output any dmg, past a certain point. :p

So, please, make like Frozen, and Let It Go.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2020
    I was called dumb, wrong, while I only, and I stated this few times, give MERE AN IDEA.
    My idea was said to be wrong, incorrect, well, no, it was right, in fact.
    That is, from a coders point of view.
    NOT!!!!! from a players point of view, which is emotionally biassed, and I simply CANNOT take as serious.
    We have an issue, well, multiple issues, which I gave UNBIASSED LOGICAL and PRAGMATICAL ideas for.
    And emotion simply WON'T fix anything.
    It stands in the way of solution.

I am autistic, and can't care for feelings, emotion is the base of every sodding human conflict, not ONE conflict did NOT begin from emotion.
    Prove me wrong.
    I hold this thread alone as prove by itself, that I am indeed correct...

If you throw in emotion and bias, sure, but do not use that as weapon versus what I say, it is invalid and irrelevant.
    edited March 2020
    Here's a thought, which I actually ALREADY gave before, but putting it in a different shade for the emo bashers here: Use that energy that you want to use to bash folks in a CREATIVE WAY instead of a destructive, insulting way.

Give ideas, instead of nuking other people's ideas.

Shall we from here on?

Please?

Negativity won't get us anywhere buck backwards, in the end.
    trennan wrote: »
    @darkbladejk @baddmoonrizin I think we can effectively close this now. The subject had been derailed and the arguing is still in progress.
    Actually, the DPS part is tied in with the lag/lack of enemies for people in certain instances.
    Though yes, true, it turned a wee different than I hoped for... or some would like to see...
    Apologies, sir, I did not want to ignore you, I was a wee too angered by reactions of people at my address, and I did not want to get you in the line of fire by my anger...
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    and that's enough of this /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.