test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captains, Generals - I need help

dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hi everyone,

I've been playing Star Trek Online for about 10 years now on and off (since beta) and I've been a part of fleets but mostly I've been playing solo due to life.

17 months ago, our son came into our lives. He was a little early however he fought hard from day 1 and was home with us after only 2 weeks in ICU. He changed our lives.

3 months later during a routine checkup, we were informed that since his previous one 2 weeks ago, he had lost most of his sight. 3 months of tests later and we found out that he is the youngest person in the world with Revesz Syndrome. In that time, his bone marrow failed and we were hoping a transplant would give us 15 or 20 years with him. In October, we were told that he would not survive the transplant due to other complications arising. At that time we were given 6 months with him.

5 months on, and Sionnach (Fox) is still fighting. He's currently in the Children's Hospital asleep with his mama. He picked up a minor infection and that means at least a week in hospital receiving antibiotics and transfusions as well as painkillers to keep him stable. Due to the outbreak of Corona Virus, the hospital has a 1 parent visitor at a time policy. I'm not allowed to stay with them. I don't drink and I could be called to be at the hospital at a moments notice.

I'm effectively in quarantine, and have been so for the past 9 months.

I'm playing Star Trek Online alone at home at night because I miss them. I only have 2-3 real world friends who play so meeting up with them between hospital visits in game is hard.

I suppose what I'm asking is that if you see me out there in the Galaxy, give me a wave or a high five. I'm not looking for shoulders to cry on, just a little smile or a nod every now and then.

I'm in Ireland so GMT. I've been known to be around later on stressful days.

Thank you for reading this and for being a brilliant community.

Live Long and Prosper,

Kris
aka Fleet Admiral Zephram Crusher, S.E.C.T.I.O.N. 31
"Picard would never have hit me..." - Q

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Prayers to you and your child.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Prayers to you and your child.

Thank you.

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Prayers for that brave baby and you and your wife.

You see Fleet Admiral Rowena@echatty or Jhanell@jhanell#0859 out there, give us a shout.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,863 Arc User
    Prayed for you a few minutes ago.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Thank you everyone. Hopefully I'll see you out there in the Galaxy. o7

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I read up on the disease. Dr. Royal Rife invented a machine in the 1930's that treats illnesses and cancers. It uses radio frequencies to destroy cancer cells and genetically damaged cells. The Rife machine works my little brother just used it to beat several types of stage four cancers. You might also want to check with doctors in Israel they have the most amazing medical doctors in the world. My heart is breaking 💔 for you and your family. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. You are in our thoughts and prayers 🙏. You are not alone...
This discussion has been closed.