test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

21.5gb download?

otawo99otawo99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
So today I finished my work, grabbed some Taco Bell. Then I started my PS4, turned on my WiFi hotspot and tried to get in game. 21.5gb download was what my PS4 told me was required. The entire game size is 21.gb! So I have to use more than the entire 15gb allotment of hotspot data for the month to patch the game that I was just playing yesterday? WT....?

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    I don't know if this exists in the console versions of Star Trek Online but on the PC version there is a toggle to turn off On Demand Patching and do a Force Verify in the STO launcher. That should reduce that type of download from happening.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    That doesn't exist on consoles.
    We usually just get a patch of a few hundred Mb and that's what I got, but the OP must have had something go quite wrong with his install if the game wants to download the whole thing again.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    That doesn't exist on consoles.
    We usually just get a patch of a few hundred Mb and that's what I got, but the OP must have had something go quite wrong with his install if the game wants to download the whole thing again.

Did not know that. Thanks for letting me know, wish you guys had that though.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    PS4 and XB1 both don't have to worry about on-demand patching as the entire game is always on the console hd.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    PS4 and XB1 both don't have to worry about on-demand patching as the entire game is always on the console hd.

Thanks for the info.