test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideas to make Obtaining Elite Marks Easier

2»

Comments

• blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    yes, make this game easier because it is already so easy that you just might as well not even play and get everything at the beginning of the game. No point in trying to learn or failing because the helicopter parents will swarm Perfect World Entertainment headquarters and yell at them. Getting elite marks should be as easy as getting normal marks... in fact get rid of adv and elite and we should all play normal level and get paid elite marks.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    yes, make this game easier because it is already so easy that you just might as well not even play and get everything at the beginning of the game. No point in trying to learn or failing because the helicopter parents will swarm Perfect World Entertainment headquarters and yell at them. Getting elite marks should be as easy as getting normal marks... in fact get rid of adv and elite and we should all play normal level and get paid elite marks.

Sarcasm, we haven't seen that in this thread yet. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    OK, the bickering in here reminds me of this ;)

https://youtu.be/kl-Y8ZkUenk
    I'm the guy hiding behind the cushion!

No one said anything about getting rid of advanced and elites. But there are some Elite Marks which are harder - or take longer, whichever you prefer - to obtain than others.

I'd much prefer to have the same amount of queues for every Elite Mark but I know that - short of making every reward pack on advanced and elite a "universal" one that would give you the choice of which elite mark(s) to get - it's very unlikely it will happen, especially because the queues takes time and effort to develop and I doubt they're gonna devote resources to make a new queue just so that people can have another STF that awards Carapaces, for example.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I was not the first one to say this time!
    yrLmJsB.gif
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

And glad you didn't. As blackshap9 is conflating two unrelated matters: making Elite Marks easier to obtain by making the Elite queues easier (which no one has suggested, btw), and making the way to obtain the Marks easier, by having more places that hand them out. The latter is what the OP was talking about. For istance, in the way of offering more queues that reward Elite Marks choices.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2020
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And glad you didn't. As blackshap9 is conflating two unrelated matters: making Elite Marks easier to obtain by making the Elite queues easier (which no one has suggested, btw), and making the way to obtain the Marks easier, by having more places that hand them out. The latter is what the OP was talking about. For istance, in the way of offering more queues that reward Elite Marks choices.

I know. I'm still head scratching at the, "need more ways to get marks for this of that" because the TFO's aren't played much, or there isn't an alternate way to get them.

I mean, we have the Random TFO Choice Mark pack, that's 70+ Mark of you choice, and 700+ dil per.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

I know. I'm still head scratching at the, "need more ways to get marks for this of that" because the TFO's aren't played much, or there isn't an alternate way to get them.

I mean, we have the Random TFO Choice Mark pack, that's 70+ Mark of you choice, and 700+ dil per.

Yeah, I said that somewhere above too: best bet is still doing random TFO's, and doing the trade-in. Not that many places that directly drop the Elite Comp Marks, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Yeah, I said that somewhere above too: best bet is still doing random TFO's, and doing the trade-in. Not that many places that directly drop the Elite Comp Marks, though.

Hmm for the Elites, that is true.

As a means of helping this. I suppose Cryptic could tack the Elite Mark Pack, the one that gives 3, on as a Epic reward from Endeavors and Random TFOs. The rewards for both are RNG based, so it's not like it would be a very common thing.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    No one was talking about normal marks to begin with. It's always been about Elite Marks.
    As a means of helping this. I suppose Cryptic could tack the Elite Mark Pack, the one that gives 3, on as a Epic reward from Endeavors and Random TFOs. The rewards for both are RNG based, so it's not like it would be a very common thing.
    It needs to be a consistent reward, not something totally random that can happen once in two months for somebody and ten times a week for others.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    And then there's the irony of putting you on cd when you actually *do* try and queue up (thus play the game). Go figure. :p
    That's not irony at all. Limiting gameplay opportunities really does encourage people to play more, because they don't want to miss the opportunities they have. Unlimited opportunities means nothing to lose by procrastinating.

Of course, 30minutes per-character is far too short a cooldown to have any practical effect whatsoever.
    warpangel wrote: »
    And then there's the irony of putting you on cd when you actually *do* try and queue up (thus play the game). Go figure. :p
    That's not irony at all. Limiting gameplay opportunities really does encourage people to play more, because they don't want to miss the opportunities they have. Unlimited opportunities means nothing to lose by procrastinating.

It's not about 'endless opportunities', but about not needlessly frustrating ppl willing to do the actual grind. And the TFO cd's are not there to encourage you to play more, but to gradually increase your level of frustration, so you'll eventually break, and draw your wallet.

Also, time-gated Elite Mark trade-ins are simply pointless. Cryptic already have a customer willing to pay for the gear (Dilithium); and the fact that they're eager to slot the next project, means that preventing them from doing so, via timegates, is just a mistake. They don't put timegates on the C-store either, now do they?! Of course, there's always the risk that, after they got all their gear superfast, they'd stop doing the corresponding queues. But who cares?! You already got their Dilithium.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And now you know why the Binary Stars Event, which has no cooldown and can be also run on Advanced and Elite Modes, does not award Elite Marks at those difficulty levels.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    And now you know why the Binary Stars Event, which has no cooldown and can be also run on Advanced and Elite Modes, does not award Elite Marks at those difficulty levels.
    And it makes perfect sense, especially since you can choose any type of marks from the final reward.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Just a friendly reminder, guys. Since Battle of the Binary Stars rewards whatever marks you want with zero cooldown. You should grind the living TRIBBLE out of it for COMP marks if you need them. Then slowly convert them to elite marks once a day. It's something productive that you can do while you wait for Cryptic to not implement the ideas proposed in this thread.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    edited March 2020
    No one was talking about normal marks to begin with. It's always been about Elite Marks.
    It needs to be a consistent reward, not something totally random that can happen once in two months for somebody and ten times a week for others.​​

For consistency, the only thing I can think of here is to add the Elite 3 Mark pack to the Choice Marks rewards for the TFO's that have it. Then the player would be free to choose which one they wanted. Though to keep this balanced, I would suggest this be a certain amount of times per day, say 5. This way, with this reward, you can only get 15 per day.

Then add in the RNGesus box to the endeavors.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Just a friendly reminder, guys. Since Battle of the Binary Stars rewards whatever marks you want with zero cooldown. You should grind the living TRIBBLE out of it for COMP marks if you need them. Then slowly convert them to elite marks once a day. It's something productive that you can do while you wait for Cryptic to not implement the ideas proposed in this thread.

^^^This!, i always wait for FTFO's to get some marks for my chars, and also, as the main prize is account now, it's quite easy..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.