test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Consider Restructuring some kinda Alliance Armada

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
The armadas are ok not but for a role play aspect or at least head canon. I believe it would make sense to have Fed (rom/dom allies) and kdf (rom/dom allies) being able to be in the same armada. the fleets still remain with their factions but the armada would be co-op making fighting force for a true alliance. let's say a group has a kdf only fleet and a fed only fleet they can join together to share resources good right. please up the member limits like double it to 1000 members per fleet.

yeah the devs don't read these things but i just felt like throwing the idea out there. you can still have fed only armada or kdf only armada but have on more option.

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    If the Allied Fleet Service is going to be more than just making mixed faction ships, I can see Alliance Armadas being created. :)
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > If the Allied Fleet Service is going to be more than just making mixed faction ships, I can see Alliance Armadas being created. :)

I hope they come back to this too!

Someone on Reddit said “Thomas” confirmed that AFS was a one-off ship for the anniversary.

My Fed Klingon is loving that ship though—and he wants an AFS uniform to go with it.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    The thing is even though the Klingon Empire and Starfleet are best buddies in end game, they are not in the early part of the game.

Having them work together in visible places like that would be confusing for new players, that's why Klingons are still restricted from visiting Earth Space Dock and so forth.

Also remember the game is hard coded to have blue vs red.. Two factions, that's why its also impossible for us to get new factions. Just sub factions, cause the game only accepts two "teams" so to speak.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > If the Allied Fleet Service is going to be more than just making mixed faction ships, I can see Alliance Armadas being created. :)

I hope they come back to this too!

Someone on Reddit said “Thomas” confirmed that AFS was a one-off ship for the anniversary.

My Fed Klingon is loving that ship though—and he wants an AFS uniform to go with it.

Hmmm, that stunk. With all of the potential that it had, to be just a one-off is disappointing.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I am not technologically competent enough to start a thread—and I know the argument from the developer side would be that the red/blue distinction is too hardwired into the game to undue.

But at this point...I have fed officers in Romulan ships, Klingons in Lukari ships, Romulans in Dominion ships...etc

I kinda wish my my fed characters could get Klingon ships too now.

I imagine the hardcore Klingon players...I mean my main is KDF from when we had to start at level 35 or whatever it was...but I play it all... but I imagine the hardcore KDF players would feel that it is handing over the only thing they have left to the Federation.

Also people who don’t play Fed at all would probably feel like they have been ignoring buying fed ships and they would feel insulted too maybe... idk...

So I was curious I guess, if the Joint Alliance Fleet continued or was returned too...what else would people like that to be?

Because I see a bunch of those ships out there right now—so maybe it is popular? I don’t usually fly event ships so I don’t know if the popularity is normal or not too...

Lot of rambling in that one