test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wich uniforms do you want in Star trek Online?

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    2380s Starfleet uniform (Star Trek: Picard Countdown)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You can technically get Picard's jacket already if you have the Open Jacket uniforms.

I think that one is actually a First Contact style version, but if I was going for that look it would be close enough imo.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Well... you need the Open Jacket to get that one yes. I've also been able to make a decent mockup of the late TNG style Admiral's uniform with the DS9 one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Put me down for "Other" as my suggestions are:
    1. Add new male Hair. Federation Male Characters should have the option for "Short Swoop" found in the Romulan faction. Heck, Ansem Mount's Christopher Pike, Harry Treadaway's Narek, Elnor, and Lorca's hair should be avaliable. Hell even add them for KDF and Romulan. Male characters are badly needing non-elderly hair styles. It makes sense to have these hair styles since they start out as Cadets in the story.

2. More cape options. KDF's long cape looks great but its only on the Honor Guard. Competitive capes should have a longer version and the Federation Competitive double shoulder should have a cape option as well. Romulans need smaller Shoulder options on the competitive dual shoulders.

3. Remove the two dark rings around the neck on the characters when they have their necks exposed.

4. More helmet/hat options as well! Fedoras, barrette, and even the Kelvin Timeline Officer Peaked hats.

5. For Cochrain's anniversary weapons Worf's purple Bazooka from Star Trek Insurrection. Also a pistol like 1911.

Could be worse, I could be asking for that sweet buggy ride from the Star Trek Nemesis movie.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Type 17 Argo Heavy Shuttle. If it's added to the game it would be first Shuttle to be in an R&D Promotion Pack. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    None.

I'll take the Romulan Nemesis uniforms.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Next Generation Mirror Broken
    more helmets is a good idea. I want a para beret for my Fed. I want a Wild Goose merc style look.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    athan#5519 wrote: »
    Put me down for "Other" as my suggestions are:
    1. Add new male Hair. Federation Male Characters should have the option for "Short Swoop" found in the Romulan faction. Heck, Ansem Mount's Christopher Pike, Harry Treadaway's Narek, Elnor, and Lorca's hair should be avaliable. Hell even add them for KDF and Romulan. Male characters are badly needing non-elderly hair styles. It makes sense to have these hair styles since they start out as Cadets in the story.

2. More cape options. KDF's long cape looks great but its only on the Honor Guard. Competitive capes should have a longer version and the Federation Competitive double shoulder should have a cape option as well. Romulans need smaller Shoulder options on the competitive dual shoulders.

3. Remove the two dark rings around the neck on the characters when they have their necks exposed.

4. More helmet/hat options as well! Fedoras, barrette, and even the Kelvin Timeline Officer Peaked hats.

5. For Cochrain's anniversary weapons Worf's purple Bazooka from Star Trek Insurrection. Also a pistol like 1911.

Could be worse, I could be asking for that sweet buggy ride from the Star Trek Nemesis movie.

The Argo Buggy? I suggested it about a year ago, with some race ideas to use them in.

So..
    DQS2kp1.jpg
    ...sign me up for that one.
    Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    OP forgot none of the above
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I want these..

ent-uniforms.jpg

Maybe it's just that picture, but those look so stiff & uncomfortable. The yellow one looks like vinyl car seat upholstery.

Yea but we don't actually wear them so it doesn't matter how uncomfortable they are as long as they look good.
    Those uniforms I would like to see as well, one of the very few good designs in TRIBBLE.
    The TRIBBLE ones don’t really work in blue and red, the combadge pattern can’t be colour matched good enough.

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Wrath of Khan Bomber Jacket
    If only there were pictures so I could choose properly... oh well... bomber jacket sounds cool! :D
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    How many uniforms already exist in Star Fleet ?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    duasyn wrote: »
    If only there were pictures so I could choose properly... oh well... bomber jacket sounds cool! :D

I posted what I believe is a picture of the bomber jacket back on page 1. I think Scotty was also seen wearing that same jacket in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, when he was talking to that guy about Transparent Aluminum.
    How many uniforms already exist in Star Fleet ?

Throughout Starfleet's history? Many. And it has been shown to use multiple uniforms in service at a time before. Main examples being the transition between TNG s1 and TNG s3, and the transition as shown in the early seasons of DS9 when we had the TNG style for starships and the DS9/Voyager style on stations. Also best seen in the movie Star Trek Generations, when crew members of the Enterprise started trading TNG for DS9 uniforms over the course of the movie.
    A more recent example would be Discovery, where the Enterprise crew has the more TOS style colors, indicating that at least the Connies have a newer uniform, while the rest of Starfleet is using the normal Discovery style.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'd like to get the original uniforms from The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before TOS pilot episodes. The variations can be put into a bundle (TOS Pilot Uniform Bundle). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-MJKLveNXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfbFq9ZWnGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apuye0JcWqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4fm0f2lZY

Using the Wrath of Khan turtle necks sort of come close, but ribbing for the collar needs to be narrower, and we need rank stripes near the ends of the sleeves. Uniforms for women have folded down collars in a v-trim. The Excursion jackets are like the TMP jackets that Kirk and company wore to visit V'GER (it would be with two versions, open and closed like the Wrath of Khan officer jackets).

Both the first and second clips show the original crew overalls (blue for the chief medical officer, tan for the transporter crewman; with the United Earth symbol).

Third clip shows either a dress uniform or an admiral's uniform. And there's some robe options for Orions.

The last video has better rank stripes (when the costumes received an upgrade), to better distinguish ranks of the crew.

----

Anyways, I think the next uniform is going to be from the time that Picard retired, but then again it could be the Disco-Constitution uniforms.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    All of the above and the ones not listed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • kemaiku#5456 kemaiku Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    DSC and/or Beyond Connie uniforms
    More Romulan options
    Khans longcoat from Into Darkness
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I'd like to get the original uniforms from The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before TOS pilot episodes. The variations can be put into a bundle (TOS Pilot Uniform Bundle). :)

Using the Wrath of Khan turtle necks sort of come close, but ribbing for the collar needs to be narrower, and we need rank stripes near the ends of the sleeves. Uniforms for women have folded down collars in a v-trim. The Excursion jackets are like the TMP jackets that Kirk and company wore to visit V'GER (it would be with two versions, open and closed like the Wrath of Khan officer jackets).

Both the first and second clips show the original crew overalls (blue for the chief medical officer, tan for the transporter crewman; with the United Earth symbol).

Third clip shows either a dress uniform or an admiral's uniform. And there's some robe options for Orions.

The last video has better rank stripes (when the costumes received an upgrade), to better distinguish ranks of the crew.

----

Anyways, I think the next uniform is going to be from the time that Picard retired, but then again it could be the Disco-Constitution uniforms.

We'll likely get those along about the same time they add Lucille Ball to the memorials. Because without Desilu Studios, the ones Lucille owned, there would have never been a pilot of Star Trek, much less two.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    The Next Generation Mirror Broken

----

Beat me to it. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Disco Shirt
    ENT/Nemesis Romulan uniforms. 5f81e430550189c56aabc2236dfb0c37.png
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    ENT/Nemesis Romulan uniforms. 5f81e430550189c56aabc2236dfb0c37.png

OMG yes.
    I pretty much dislike the Romulan Outfits, especially the TNG Era ones. I generally go with the regular Mercenary Outfit..

Now that a couple of my Characters have the Enterprise MACO Outfit, I'm all set.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Btw. could it be we are missing some rather prominent alternatives?

Is Dr. Polaski's medical uniform variant in the game?

uniforms2364-3.jpg

Or Crusher's lab coat:

uniforms2364-2.jpg

Or what about the TNG dress uniforms?

tnguniforms7.jpg

There is also the Star Trek Generations Prototype:

Star+Trek+Generations+prototype+uniform.jpg

Can't find them. Missing or Lobi?
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Another Odyssey Uniform
    I prefer something that 'expands' the canon Federation uniform, perhaps something that can make them more diverse somehow, or a further evolution...

Second Choice, Mirror Broken uniforms followed by St Beyond starfleet uniforms
    0he9rXF.png
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    Or Crusher's lab coat:

uniforms2364-2.jpg

200.gif
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Undershirt (Kelvin Timeline)
    I'd like to see Cowboy Hats, myself. Along with more helmet options. I'd also like to see a belt to go with the TOS uniform. I know they didn't wear them, or they didn't show, but I'd still like one.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
    You have to post a video, or have your jpegs hosted at a URL somewhere, otherwise your effort in trying to display them is futile.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I would like to see the Romulan uniforms from Nemesis along with variants of the Rom-Fed and Rom/KDF with normal shoulders (the ones they have now all look like the character wearing them forgot to take it off the coat hanger before putting it on).

For Federation TOS characters it would be great if they could do something to get a velvet shimmer, but that may be beyond the capability of the engine.

spiritborn wrote: »
    > @angrytarg said:
    > > @claudiusdk said:
    > > (Image)
    > >
    > > Romulan uniforms from Nemesis, aswell as the guard uniform in the background.
    >
    > That's too roman. Romulans are Samurai now :D
    There was always a bit of an far east element to the romulan, with them being stand ins for communist China. Also in tng thru to Voyager we saw pretty much only romuland from the capital or those from the military.

The Romulans were always supposed to be "space Romans", the Red China thing was started by someone in the 1980s who did not do their research properly trying to bring them into the cold war allegory where they do not belong (the cold war allegory only pertained to the Federation vs Klingon thing, with the Klingons taking the place of the USSR).

The Romulans were an allegory to the Roman empire just after their fall from a republic, and contrasted the honorable old guard (Mark Lenard's commander and the Centurian) with the corrupt new imperial type (represented by Decius). By the time of TNG they had completed the transition which is why they were backstabbing snakes for the most part.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    no, someone did their research very well, because roddenberry originally wanted them as a 60s chicom allegory - but he liked schneider's space roman concept enough that that's what they ultimately went with​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • pingas5pingas5 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I know this isn't a request for a new uniform, but I want the ability to equip Jem'Hadar officers with outfits. All of my crew are wearing the Wrath of Khan uniforms but my Jem'Hadar guy.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    no, someone did their research very well, because roddenberry originally wanted them as a 60s chicom allegory - but he liked schneider's space roman concept enough that that's what they ultimately went with​​

Roddenberry actually had no direct hand in the creation of the Romulans, they were Paul Schneider's invention to replace the German Uboat crew, and Schneider specifically modeled them after Romans.

That weird way-after-the-fact assertion that they were supposed to be an allegory to the Red Chinese was almost entirely based on the theory that the Neutral Zone represented the "bamboo curtain" and to try and tie it all up in one neat little package. Nothing else about the Romulans has any resemblance to the Red Chinese.

The fact is, the Romulan backstory was the parallel between the rise of the Third Reich (remember, the original antagonists in "The Enemy Below" were WWII Germans), which was done by political maneuvering, not armed action like Red Chinese revolution, mirroring the Roman Republic's corruption and transformation into an empire though political means.

Another parallel is that the movie made it clear enough that the Uboat commander was not particularly happy with the state of his country's government but he would do his duty and honor his commitment to the country anyway, exactly the same way that Mark Lenard's character and the old centurion did.

Anyway, since this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread I will leave it at that.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Gene Roddenberry, interested in ancient Rome himself, approved of the initial depiction of the Romulan species. "He loved Paul's having endowed the enemy-Romulans with the militaristic character of the ancient Romans," wrote John D.F. Black and Mary Black. (Star Trek: The Magazine Volume 2, Issue 11, p. 19) Roddenberry's original concept of the Romulans, however, was that they represented 1960s' Chinese Communists. (Star Trek Nemesis hardback ed., p. xx)
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.