test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help design the summer ship

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11382453-help-choose-the-summer-ship,-live!

This is a cool idea, and we haven't had a Risian science ship yet, except...
When will we get a Tier 6 Luxury Cruiser? We got the tier 6 Corvette last year, so I was hoping this would be the year :(

However I guess I'll admit it would be nice to complete the "trinity" and get a Risian science ship.
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    Hope they can get all the votes in BEFORE the stream crashes. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    There needed to be a Science ship to go with the set...they can do a T6 Luxury Cruiser for the 2021 summer event
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I would love to see a Penrose Triangle design with some form of singularity vortex or gravity well occupying the center. Having it continually rotate around this center on a random axis would be a nice touch.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    What design comes out is the one they have already designed. Happened with the Federation Carrier. It's all in the match-ups. It's like forcing a card from a deck.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I hope this ship will be small, I don't like space whales.
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Small with a secondary deflector dish, maybe pilot maneuvers. No space whale carrier that has armor made of cardboard.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    A fast agile drain boat... I am curious...
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    actually I'd be happy if they finally released some Vulcan designs. First Contact Day is also around the corner and the Vulcan shuttle seen in the movie isn't yet in the game.
    Go pro or go home
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    First, I like this idea, it's not as good as the Odyssey contest, but I like that Cryptic is at least attempting to interact with the community upon such an "endeavor" as this starship. That being said, the interaction doesn't make this an automatic homerun & I'm a little disappointed for no T6 Risian Luxury Cruiser.

"the citizens of the Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Republic and the Dominion take a moment to sit," Good to know that Cryptic does remember there are still the other factions besides the Federation.

"For the next four weeks, starting tomorrow, we’ll have a member of the STO team on our weekly stream, Ten Forward Weekly." Cryptic must be confident upon their live streaming prowess now so I guess the problem has been fixed. Out of the last 2 months Cryptic's 10FW live stream has hiccuped multiple times & then cancelled.

So us players don't get to directly affect the outcome until we vote unless during one of the live streams the duo actively interact with stream chat & act upon whatever that might be. I gotta give a thumbs-up to Cryptic on this. I like the ingenuity even if it ends-up not really having a players' influence for the design. Again, it's a shame about no T6 Risian Luxury Cruiser to balance the T6 Risian Corvette, but a Science starship usable by all factions is welcomed.

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd think a T6 Luxury cruiser would be a no brainer after the T6 corvette came out. Be nice to have a Risan bridge that isn't just a tiny box.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I was gonna say, the last time the did this didn't we end up with the Lukari ship Dorito?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I was gonna say, the last time the did this didn't we end up with the Lukari ship Dorito?

Not just the Dorito, but we got all three top designs as ships.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    This is going to be interesting. Wonder what ship will come out of the communities mind looks wise :)

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I want a Risan Cruiser with an updated redesigns like the Corvette too!!!!!! Put me down a vote from me for that!

Also Vorgon Ships need a Science ship. And Vorgon's have some of the best designs in STO! :D
    (well except for that weird bottom platform on the Vorgon dreadnought)
  • hallek420staymad#8999 hallek420staymad Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    well how about giving it an extra miracle worker console slot
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Did the Risians finally get fed up with the rest of the galaxy? Now they're building ships to keep the 'guests' under control?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Why do people keep making fun of triangular designs?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2020
    djf021 wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11382453-help-choose-the-summer-ship,-live!

When will we get a Tier 6 Luxury Cruiser? We got the tier 6 Corvette last year, so I was hoping this would be the year :(

However I guess I'll admit it would be nice to complete the "trinity" and get a Risian science ship.

A Risian Science Ship would be very nice for sure!

Yea I was really hoping the Original Carrier design for the Fed Ship was a bit smaller and more agile for sure. Non of the ones I voted for seem to make it to the top of the pack however...
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Small with a secondary deflector dish, maybe pilot maneuvers. No space whale carrier that has armor made of cardboard.

Yea I'd love another SCI ship, it be really cool to see a Risian Ship; thought I'd be also happy with a Vorgon. It be cool to see a MW Vorgon, or a Temporal Risian. After all the Risians with Kal Dano and the Tox should be interested in understanding more Temporal technologies.

I'd be happy with either of those or others, but really like to see a SCI for summer. <3
    lianthelia wrote: »
    There needed to be a Science ship to go with the set...they can do a T6 Luxury Cruiser for the 2021 summer event

Very much agree with this! o:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I agree, I remember suggesting last year that they could do a science ship next before the cruiser. I do wonder how a Risian science ship could look.

• wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2020

I totally agree with this. I actually have a captain who I flies the Risian Luxury Cruiser since it has those awesome skins and was hoping for a MW T6 Luxury Cruiser this year.

That being said, I wouldn't say no to a Risian Science Ship with maybe the option for a fleet module purchase of a T6 Luxury Cruiser (similar to last years T6 Pilot Corvette)

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Dang, was really looking forward to a T6 Luxury Cruiser. Really wanted to see that get an upgrade.
    Still, a Science ship is also very useful to me.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Oh man, I've been waiting for this for... a long time.

While I highly doubt we'll get something that matches my wild ruminations over the years of waiting, I'll share my fantasy anyway. I've really been hoping we get a submarine/stealth torpedo bomber-minelayer with a 3/5 weapon layout, 5sci/4tac consoles, Intel spec, and a flight deck.

Why bring fish to an aquarium, when you can bring the people to the sea? It originally started out as an underwater exploration mothership, before being repurposed to a submarine tour/cruise ship, and eventually refit with military systems to combat illegal smuggling.

Visually speaking, something along the lines of the Tuatha De Danaan from FMP and the Alicorn from AC7.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Sweet. I love the Design-A-Ship contests. I liked the Enterprise that became the Chimera and I liked the Flying Saucer. So, my favorites often end up as the consolation prize, but still!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aB_v47u4go
  • darquesanddarquesand Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    The first one was more like a modified single hull. The second one was more like a racer catamaran. I say the next one should be Super Yacht Trimaran OR the Tetrahedron Super Yacht (design by Jonathan Schwinge). I rather go for the second one to give the post Borg theme that we had for the 10th Anniversary. Additionally, it should be a carrier type that has two hangar bays. It should launch six jet ski type fighters or two Risian Corvette per hangar bay. Lastly, since Risian ships suppose to be fast. It should have a short cooldown and/or longer duration for Tour the Galaxy. schwinge.co.uk/
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    westmetals wrote: »
    Wish I could participate at all. Every one of the streams is scheduled on a Wednesday and during business hours in my time zone. I'm not able to be online while at work... couldn't they at least have varied up the times and days of the week a bit more?

I suspect you'll be able to watch the Streams later when you get home; often they are viewable on Twitch later as previously recorded.

So you shouldn't be left out.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.