test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• rjhaigh#0836 rjhaigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Question: I play on the PS4 console and have 7 different characters going (5 aligned with Federation), the bundle says it includes "10 ship slots (per account)".
    Does that mean it is only 10 for the character that actually is active when buying the bundle? Or would those 10 slots be given to each of the 5 Fed aligned characters?
    If it only goes to one character then that means other characters would have access to 10 new ships from the C Store but nowhere to put them which seems like an odd thing to do. If you are offering 10 new ships as part of this bundle, I would like to think that 10 new slots would be given for all so that you could put them in place. Also, would those 10 ships be shared among the account? Or like when you usually purchase a ship with zen from the C Store could each eligible aligned character get to have their own version?

Can anyone provide any clarification on this?

Thank you.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    altair1193 wrote: »
    So if the bundle is going of sale but will still be available at full price till the end of the anniversary when dose the anniversary end for the PC?

Going by the wiki of the event, it ends on the 27th February. Probably 10am PST (11am Mountain, 12pm Central, 1pm East Coast, 6pm GMT/UTC)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My understanding is that the discount on the Bundle was to be until the 27th of February. The Bundle itself was supposed to be in the C-Store until March 9th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trekkie2063trekkie2063 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Guys knock it off with the false advertisement stuff. Before I posted this I made sure to get confirmation from Ambassador Kael himself and I can confirm the sale WILL go to the 27th and the clock in game is wrong. There was a typo in the original announcement so you still have until the 27th for the sale. If any of you try to buy the pack after the clock runs out and it's wanting to charge you full price before the 27th, let me know immediately and I will pass it up the chain.

The 27th?! Dammit! That mean I missed the sale by LITERALLY HOURS!!!! 😭

I wish there was a better way to keep an eye on sales and when they'll end.
  • sacam1sacam1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Missed it by a few hours as well.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I don't play Star Trek Online because it's a challenging MMO or because I'm a gamer looking for something to occupy my time. I play Star Trek Online because at the time I started playing this game, it represented the only Star Trek available, and deep down I am a fan of Star Trek and what it represents. The possibility that there is a future for humanity where tolerance and love outweigh the greed and selfishness that is so prevalent today.

So, it came as a bit of a surprise to me that when Star Trek Online released the Legendary Starship bundle, containing the major ships from so many incarnations of Trek without the need of gambling on a chance, it caused such an argument between my wife and I, spanning nearly the last two weeks, about money and what should be my priorities as a husband and father and mistrust and time spent in-game, that I feel more damage has been done that what I can possibly atone for...

:(
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I don't play Star Trek Online because it's a challenging MMO or because I'm a gamer looking for something to occupy my time. I play Star Trek Online because at the time I started playing this game, it represented the only Star Trek available, and deep down I am a fan of Star Trek and what it represents. The possibility that there is a future for humanity where tolerance and love outweigh the greed and selfishness that is so prevalent today.

So, it came as a bit of a surprise to me that when Star Trek Online released the Legendary Starship bundle, containing the major ships from so many incarnations of Trek without the need of gambling on a chance, it caused such an argument between my wife and I, spanning nearly the last two weeks, about money and what should be my priorities as a husband and father and mistrust and time spent in-game, that I feel more damage has been done that what I can possibly atone for...

CM

This is sad & I hope you & your wife repair any ill-feelings between yourselves. I have little personal consideration for Cryptic & I'm sure they have the same or less for me, but that is a professional relationship between seller & buyer. Cryptic might use marketing psychology & gambling tactics to entice me (& others), but in the end it is my decision (your decision) to buy or not buy & be prey.

I tend to look at STO as a hobby, if I'm enjoying it I'll play it more & spend more money on it & if not then less. Each person has to make that evaluation & determination upon their own status in life for their own reasons.

I know I'll be coming-off as a jerk but if you're a husband & father then those are your priorities compared to STO. If I wore that mantle I can only hope I'd keep that in sight. However, I think it is healthy for everyone to have some alone time too & if STO does it for you then enjoy it but with measure.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

I originally did not come here to give you advice but your marriage needs to be worked on and is in a rocky place. Do not put STO above your wife. That might mean you have an addiction that is not healthy. With that said, you are under no obligation to buy the legendary ship bundle. It is your decision whether you buy it or not. Cryptic is not responsible for the state of your marriage or your personal decisions. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This is sad & I hope you & your wife repair any ill-feelings between yourselves. I have little personal consideration for Cryptic & I'm sure they have the same or less for me, but that is a professional relationship between seller & buyer. Cryptic might use marketing psychology & gambling tactics to entice me (& others), but in the end it is my decision (your decision) to buy or not buy & be prey.
    >
    > I tend to look at STO as a hobby, if I'm enjoying it I'll play it more & spend more money on it & if not then less. Each person has to make that evaluation & determination upon their own status in life for their own reasons.
    >
    > I know I'll be coming-off as a jerk but if you're a husband & father then those are your priorities compared to STO. If I wore that mantle I can only hope I'd keep that in sight. However, I think it is healthy for everyone to have some alone time too & if STO does it for you then enjoy it but with measure.

One of the most informative comics that I encountered in Mad Magazine was a simple 1 panel divided into 4 panes that each showed a husband and wife in differing levels of economy arguing with the statement "When you are (economic level) you argue with your wife about money."
  • garak74205garak74205 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What does "Opening Sale Price" mean? Is the "Cost" the full cost of the package, or does the "Opening Sale Price" have something to do with it, too?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    garak74205 wrote: »
    What does "Opening Sale Price" mean? Is the "Cost" the full cost of the package, or does the "Opening Sale Price" have something to do with it, too?

The package was on sale (at a reduced price) when first added to the store. This is a pretty standard thing around STO.

I am not certain, but I believe that sale has now expired.

FYI - If the person is playing on a Console (XBox or PS4) - the pack just became available on those platforms on 3/3/2020 - so if you're a Console player, it may still be on sale. On PC, the 'sale' price was 19,500 base pack/29,500 base pack+other stuff (In Zen) and the full (non-sale) price 30,000/45,000 (in Zen).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    If the person is playing on a Console (XBox or PS4) - the pack just became available on those platforms on 3/3/2020...
    No, it didn't.
    The new expansion came to consoles but the ship-pack will likely be another 2 weeks or so, much like when the expansion was released on PC's, the pack came after about 2 weeks.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sacam1sacam1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Any chance of a Flash sale for the Legendary Bundle in the next few days?
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    > @crm14916 said:
    > I don't play Star Trek Online because it's a challenging MMO or because I'm a gamer looking for something to occupy my time. I play Star Trek Online because at the time I started playing this game, it represented the only Star Trek available, and deep down I am a fan of Star Trek and what it represents. The possibility that there is a future for humanity where tolerance and love outweigh the greed and selfishness that is so prevalent today.
    >
    > So, it came as a bit of a surprise to me that when Star Trek Online released the Legendary Starship bundle, containing the major ships from so many incarnations of Trek without the need of gambling on a chance, it caused such an argument between my wife and I, spanning nearly the last two weeks, about money and what should be my priorities as a husband and father and mistrust and time spent in-game, that I feel more damage has been done that what I can possibly atone for...
    >
    > :(
    > CM

I appreciate your receipt of some of startrek's finest virtues and that it is a future that deserves much strife and selflessness to achieve.

That being said, it's only a franchise. Some actors might argue it's a 'tired old franchise'. It's only a game. If you're that into it then you don't have to worry about paying for legendary ships, feeling humbled in a lesser ship is sometimes what being a Starfleet captain is all about.

"In every measurable sense, my Enterprise is far superior"

Something to go ponder... You still have to find a way to boldly go and you can't do that without a challenge :smile:
  • redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The shuttlebay windows of the Voyager still look messy xD
  • scotty2001scotty2001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    thx for a discount again. this time 20%. does it last until the pack ends in about 1d 20hrs?
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    What about this pack? Its gone from store. I've already pay for them few weeks ago, but the ship are gone from store, so I cant reclaim any of them. I tried to send a bug report ingame, but it doesn't work, too.
    I'm very-very disappointed. :(
    stlhee wrote: »
    What about this pack? Its gone from store. I've already pay for them few weeks ago, but the ship are gone from store, so I cant reclaim any of them. I tried to send a bug report ingame, but it doesn't work, too.
    westmetals wrote: »
    stlhee wrote: »

You should be able to reclaim from the shipyard.

They should be reclaimable from both: Shipyard with Acquire ships & C-Store T6. Use the newish Filters "legend" & the 10 of them should appear very easily.
  • sgtrock714#3598 sgtrock714 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Any news on when this will be released on Xbox? I was expecting it today, two weeks after the 10th anniversary release.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Any news on when this will be released on Xbox? I was expecting it today, two weeks after the 10th anniversary release.

On Twitter (which you do not need an account to access their STO page) they said on March 8 that in 30 days the Legacy Ship Bundle would arrive for consoles. Now it is less than 30 days from when they announced that.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • galenmarek117#8697 galenmarek117 Member Posts: 2 New User
    So, am I wrong for my opinion here, regarding the legendary ship bundles, that no one in their right mind really wants to spend $200-300 on 10 ships (most of which you'll probably NEVER use). But especially RIGHT NOW, with the economy in the toilet, and a LOT of people out of work and hurting for money; that it seems VERY ill timed on their part, and frankly very greedy as well to think that people will just pony up an absurd amount of money for frankly very little in-game? Also, why only in bundles? I just want the Discovery Enterprise for its look, and the pilot Defiant because it rocks. That's all I want. Any opinion on this yourselves Cryptic or do you just not care at all...
    So, am I wrong for my opinion here, regarding the legendary ship bundles, that no one in their right mind really wants to spend $200-300 on 10 ships (most of which you'll probably NEVER use). But especially RIGHT NOW, with the economy in the toilet, and a LOT of people out of work and hurting for money; that it seems VERY ill timed on their part, and frankly very greedy as well to think that people will just pony up an absurd amount of money for frankly very little in-game? Also, why only in bundles? I just want the Discovery Enterprise for its look, and the pilot Defiant because it rocks. That's all I want. Any opinion on this yourselves Cryptic or do you just not care at all...

It's your opinion, so not wrong, you're entitled to it & with the given state of changes in STO & in real life happenings worldwide I wouldn't purchase the Legendary Bundle currently neither. "(most of which you'll probably NEVER use)" Perhaps that is you, trying not projecting your perceived values onto others. Remember, STO can be easily enjoyed without the Legendary Bundle. " Cryptic or do you just not care at all..." Within the context regarding Klingons & Romulans I question Cryptic myself at times lol.

However, attempting full disclosure, I did purchase the Legendary Bundle for my family account when it was on sale & am still happy with it's value for what it offers me even though I've only opened up the complete traits for 2 or 3 of the starships so far.

• galenmarek117#8697 galenmarek117 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"foppotee#4552" said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's your opinion, so not wrong, you're entitled to it & with the given state of changes in STO & in real life happenings worldwide I wouldn't purchase the Legendary Bundle currently neither. "(most of which you'll probably NEVER use)" Perhaps that is you, trying not projecting your perceived values onto others. Remember, STO can be easily enjoyed without the Legendary Bundle. " Cryptic or do you just not care at all..." Within the context regarding Klingons & Romulans I question Cryptic myself at times lol.
    >
    > However, attempting full disclosure, I did purchase the Legendary Bundle for my family account when it was on sale & am still happy with it's value for what it offers me even though I've only opened up the complete traits for 2 or 3 of the starships so far.

No worries, and I'm not speaking ill about anyone who did purchase it. The never use comment was more just about people like me, I play DPS, never support, so I always have that mindset I guess. Simply put, during a pandemic and with the economy tanking, this should have been a better decision on their part, or at least let us decide what we want. I feel like more and more recently they have just been half heartedly giving us updates and trying to basically bleed some of us dry money wise. I'm disappointed and disheartened by them is all, shows how much they really dont care I think. But again, no disrespect to you or anyone else who did get the bundles, and thank you for your insight on this as well.
  • violadanvioladan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Does anyone know when this pack will come back for PC? I was hospitalized for most of February and I guess I therefore missed out on the pack for PC. I'm just hoping someone might know so I can plan ahead to remind myself of when it will be available again.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I play on the console so we just got this bundle a few days ago. Hard pass. Every single ship is a Fed ship. I am a Romulan, though Fed alligned I can use these ships, I have no desire to fly around in a Fed ship. Where are the Klink, Rom, Dom ships?
  • vaithhvaithh Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    violadan wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this pack will come back for PC? I was hospitalized for most of February and I guess I therefore missed out on the pack for PC. I'm just hoping someone might know so I can plan ahead to remind myself of when it will be available again.

Similar situation here, but was unable to play due to work travel and other obligations. Sorry to hear you had issues at the time and hope you are better.

Have asked ARC / Cryptic in the past why these types of bundles aren't always available to LTS members. It would be a simple and valuable perk for those of us who are interested in this game. Also bummed we don't have the chance to unlock the other items such as emotes that were available during this limited time as well.
This discussion has been closed.