test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality change no more 30k Dillithium....

Comments

• darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It has certainly changed the optimisation problem for me. Previously going for Klingon plus Ferengi tours was enough to average over 8k a day with the random bits from assignments.

Now the dil comes mainly from assignment events, so am prioritising them, whereas before I was just going for the lowest stat missions.

Am not judging what it averages yet, as too soon after event stopped.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Focusing on the low stat ones isn't bad. The main thing people might be overlooking here, is that stats are just a first look.

For example I did set three missions last night when I logged on to do suffer event tfo boredom. These ranged in stats from low to high. But, because I click plan on all missions, before doing or passing, I know just from those three missions alone I'll be recieving 2500 dil. That's from a 500, 1000, and 1000 dil pack event reward.

So one has to check. I'll do a high stat mission, if it has a 500, 1000, or 2000 dil event pack. If it doesn't have those, meh.. toss it and move on. For example, a high stat one with a 500 dill standard reward. If I open this and the event reward is nothin, a 1x adm card, an ec pack, or a R&D pack. This thing is gettting tossed int he trash pile, since there isn't a 500, 1000, or 2000 dil pack on it, thus not worth the time, nor effort to fill the stats.

The three dil packs there, are rewards one can find in all four Admiralty sections.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    trennan wrote: »
    Something that's been brought to my attention here.

I've been informed that the bonus pool from the Ferengi 10/10 ToD expires after 5 days. I have not tested this. Nor can I say if it is intentional or a bug. I know there are some in here that will want to test this out.

I've already advised the one that brought it to my attention to drop a bug report about it.

I've only had three characters who've hit the Ferengi 10/10 since the change. One burned through the whole bonus before five days was up, one only got it today, and one got it on Monday and only has about 3k remaining in the pool. That last hasn't quite been a full 120 hours (5 days) since the bonus was recieved but it has been five calendar days and the bonus is still there.

EDIT: Calendar day six, 132 hours after receiving the Ferengi bonus pool, and the pool is down to 1k on that character. Whoever informed you that the pool expires after five days likely wasn't keeping track of it.
    Post edited by fftt on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Focusing on the low stat ones isn't bad. The main thing people might be overlooking here, is that stats are just a first look.

For example I did set three missions last night when I logged on to do suffer event tfo boredom. These ranged in stats from low to high. But, because I click plan on all missions, before doing or passing, I know just from those three missions alone I'll be recieving 2500 dil. That's from a 500, 1000, and 1000 dil pack event reward.

So one has to check. I'll do a high stat mission, if it has a 500, 1000, or 2000 dil event pack. If it doesn't have those, meh.. toss it and move on. For example, a high stat one with a 500 dill standard reward. If I open this and the event reward is nothin, a 1x adm card, an ec pack, or a R&D pack. This thing is gettting tossed int he trash pile, since there isn't a 500, 1000, or 2000 dil pack on it, thus not worth the time, nor effort to fill the stats.

The three dil packs there, are rewards one can find in all four Admiralty sections.

This is what I do as well, and it's good advice.

The only thing I'll say though, is don't pass too quickly on the EC ones.. if there are no Dilithium rewards available and I don't want to pass or use a shuttle to skip it.. I look for good EC payout as the secondary category. Over time, you can make a fair bit of scratch going for the EC rewards. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited March 2020

This is what I do as well, and it's good advice.

The only thing I'll say though, is don't pass too quickly on the EC ones.. if there are no Dilithium rewards available and I don't want to pass or use a shuttle to skip it.. I look for good EC payout as the secondary category. Over time, you can make a fair bit of scratch going for the EC rewards. :wink:

Well, yeah, if the 200K ec pack pops up as an event reward, I'm going to take an extra moment or two to consider it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Also don't consider regular old doff assignments as a waste. As you're about to see, they can pay off. Plus some weird stuff, not sure about the loss of expertise here. But eh,, it's easy enough to get. And really I'm not even sure where this payout came from.

wLTN6gs.jpg?1
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Also don't consider regular old doff assignments as a waste. As you're about to see, they can pay off. Plus some weird stuff, not sure about the loss of expertise here. But eh,, it's easy enough to get. And really I'm not even sure where this payout came from.

wLTN6gs.jpg?1

Yeah, this guy gets it. :smiley:
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    did you get a spec point when that loss occurred? because that's how the spec system works - each time you get a spec point, it resets the XP bar by removing however much XP is needed from what you have to set you back to the start​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    did you get a spec point when that loss occurred? because that's how the spec system works - each time you get a spec point, it resets the XP bar by removing however much XP is needed from what you have to set you back to the start​​

Nope, or at least not that I remember. I know at this point I was halfway into earning a spec point. But that may be the answer.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Nope, or at least not that I remember. I know at this point I was halfway into earning a spec point. But that may be the answer.

If you're full up on spec points it's converted to dilithium, normally 2880, but with a 50% bonus that's where the 4320 number in the screen shot comes from (2880+1440).
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »

If you're full up on spec points it's converted to dilithium, normally 2880, but with a 50% bonus that's where the 4320 number in the screen shot comes from (2880+1440).

Didn't Geko remove the XP-rollover Dilithium reward during 'specgate'?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They brought it back after people were topping off new Specs in a day. And auto opened Spec Points given out during freebie Giveaways (not the Choice Boxes you get from a Featured TFO or the 1/4 Spec Points you get from Endeavors).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They brought it back after people were topping off new Specs in a day. And auto opened Spec Points given out during freebie Giveaways (not the Choice Boxes you get from a Featured TFO or the 1/4 Spec Points you get from Endeavors).

K, thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I just found out you cannot use the fleet vouchers on purchasing of fleet equipment. I will no longer be purchasing fleet equip unless fleet vouchers count toward equipment purchase. I will get all needed equipment from the exchange even if its inferior to fleet gear.
    I just found out you cannot use the fleet vouchers on purchasing of fleet equipment. I will no longer be purchasing fleet equip unless fleet vouchers count toward equipment purchase. I will get all needed equipment from the exchange even if its inferior to fleet gear.

Fleet Vouchers contribute Dilithium to your fleet and you get Fleet Credit in return. Fleet items cost both Fleet Credit and Dilithium so yes.. you are getting currency to buy your precious fleet gear. But if helping your fleet takes a back seat to your temper tantrum then by all means.. you do it your way.

Being in a fleet is about more then just gear man.
    Yes, it is about donating EC, Dilitium, Marks, and Doffs while others donate Expertise, Prisoners, and some Marks. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Fleet Vouchers contribute Dilithium to your fleet and you get Fleet Credit in return. Fleet items cost both Fleet Credit and Dilithium so yes.. you are getting currency to buy your precious fleet gear. But if helping your fleet takes a back seat to your temper tantrum then by all means.. you do it your way.

Being in a fleet is about more then just gear man.

That's correct. To even buy the fleet gear that you desire, at the very least, your fleet needs provisions. Provisions cost, among other things, dilithium. So don't be a deadbeat guys. Donate your fleet dil provisions. It's literally all you can do with them. Cryptic won't change this.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    What they should have done, when they created those Provisions for the Colony, is provide Fleet Credits for those useless Holding Provisions (Spire, Mine, etc.). Instead, they removed the Recycling EC sale price.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    Also it should be noted: those Fleet Dilithium Vouchers are above and beyond the refine limit. They literally gave us the opportunity to earn roughly an additional 120,000 dilithium per month, per character... with the restriction that you have to donate it to a fleet. I don't think that's unreasonable.

It is if you are an anti social type who for some reason plays and MMO to play alone AND don't have a solo fleet...or you an utterly selfish git who doesn't care about their fleets beyond their own shinies. As for fleets that are maxxed out, you all do realize that there are tokens that gets used up getting your shinies that needs replacing...right? Along with missions for bonus dil...yeah there is always a reason to use these fleet dil...unless like I said, you fall into the two categories above...with one being why are you even here and the two being please go away anyways.

People stay out of fleets because of clinically anti-social people (not loners) who cause drama in fleets, rob them, or the other myriad sociopath type issues. They may also simply want to avoid the obnoxious resource and time sink that is a fleet, especially a solo fleet.

Telling them to go away is silly because this isn't Fleets online. They may also have been here before fleet holdings were even a problem to solve.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Also it should be noted: those Fleet Dilithium Vouchers are above and beyond the refine limit. They literally gave us the opportunity to earn roughly an additional 120,000 dilithium per month, per character... with the restriction that you have to donate it to a fleet. I don't think that's unreasonable.

It is if you are an anti social type who for some reason plays and MMO to play alone AND don't have a solo fleet...or you an utterly selfish git who doesn't care about their fleets beyond their own shinies. As for fleets that are maxxed out, you all do realize that there are tokens that gets used up getting your shinies that needs replacing...right? Along with missions for bonus dil...yeah there is always a reason to use these fleet dil...unless like I said, you fall into the two categories above...with one being why are you even here and the two being please go away anyways.

People stay out of fleets because of clinically anti-social people (not loners) who cause drama in fleets, rob them, or the other myriad sociopath type issues. They may also simply want to avoid the obnoxious resource and time sink that is a fleet, especially a solo fleet.

Telling them to go away is silly because this isn't Fleets online. They may also have been here before fleet holdings were even a problem to solve.

I made a poll a while back asking how things are handled in fleets. Turned out fleets in STO work like charity organizations not asking anything from their members at all. They are happy for each and every player they have and dont even begin to ask for contributions.

I think the picture of cruel fleet dictatorships traumatizing the poor player base and therefore cause players not to want to have anything to do with a fleet is nothing but a myth.

The whole thing was invented as justification to one aspect of zero effort mentality we witness in every other aspect of the game as well. Very similar to "DPS takes effort so lets just judge DPSer to be elitists we don't want to have anything to do with... problem solved".
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What they should have done, when they created those Provisions for the Colony, is provide Fleet Credits for those useless Holding Provisions (Spire, Mine, etc.). Instead, they removed the Recycling EC sale price.
    What point would be there to give fleet credits for using something that's created from fleet credits?

I made a poll a while back asking how things are handled in fleets. Turned out fleets in STO work like charity organizations not asking anything from their members at all. They are happy for each and every player they have and dont even begin to ask for contributions.

I think the picture of cruel fleet dictatorships traumatizing the poor player base and therefore cause players not to want to have anything to do with a fleet is nothing but a myth.

The whole thing was invented as justification to one aspect of zero effort mentality we witness in every other aspect of the game as well. Very similar to "DPS takes effort so lets just judge DPSer to be elitists we don't want to have anything to do with... problem solved".

You're implying that what I described never happens. Is it common? Probably not. But like so many things, if you want to completely avoid the problem, the best way is not to participate in the activity at all.
    edited March 2020
    > @warpangel said:
    > (Quote)
    > What point would be there to give fleet credits for using something that's created from fleet credits?

Doffs from Fleet Personnel Officer, anyone?

750/500 and you get 300 back.

Second sentence applies as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited March 2020

While I can agree to a point. Most tend to stay away from fleets to avoid the drama that happens in them, thus preserving their own sanity. This is why I avoid fleets. Am I anti-social, not at all.

To put this in perspective. Have you ever changed the channel, or turned your tv off, because a soap opera or some other show that you dislike, or just don't want to watch started? If so, that's the same thing as not joining a fleet.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited March 2020

While I can agree to a point. Most tend to stay away from fleets to avoid the drama that happens in them, thus preserving their own sanity. This is why I avoid fleets. Am I anti-social, not at all.

To put this in perspective. Have you ever changed the channel, or turned your tv off, because a soap opera or some other show that you dislike, or just don't want to watch started? If so, that's the same thing as not joining a fleet.

No...that is the same thing as not having a TV at ALL because you don't like soap opera or whatever show. In a fleet you don't like? Switch the channel by switching fleets or turn it off by ignoring fleet chat. Honestly, you should really just do the join a new fleet. There are a lot of good ones out there.

I am aware of the good ones. Most of them don't require you to join to actually join the fleet to get fleet gear, I know a couple like this. Well, aside having to join long enough to grab the gear you're after, can't remember if that's required. Last time I joined a fleet was just to grab the outfits.

Then there's teh fact teh fleet system was introduced, because people were asking for it, and it was another way to monetize the game, Fleet Ship Modules. Outside of this, nothing that about a fleet is required for any part of the game.

As far as it being akin to not having a TV, that is another way of looking at it. Again, a choice people make, not to be different, or antisocial, but simply because they do not see any need for it. Again, them making the choice of doing what is right by them, instead of what others tell them is right. The latter being the part that causes the most trouble. I mean really, if I want to talk to a pastor, preacher, or priest, or say get a Bible, should I have to join the church to do so? If so. Peace, I'm out. I'll go find someone better to talk to.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

No...that is the same thing as not having a TV at ALL because you don't like soap opera or whatever show. In a fleet you don't like? Switch the channel by switching fleets or turn it off by ignoring fleet chat. Honestly, you should really just do the join a new fleet. There are a lot of good ones out there.

You get rid of the TV because you don't see it being worth it. Whether it is one show or all the shows, you simply don't see it being worthwhile to have a TV. What is wrong with that, exactly?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2020

You get rid of the TV because you don't see it being worth it. Whether it is one show or all the shows, you simply don't see it being worthwhile to have a TV. What is wrong with that, exactly?

Nothing.

All you have to do now though is skip the KDF admiralty track too. * Problem solved.

* or do it for the per-mission rewards, and pile up a millions of fleet dil in case you ever change your mind.
This discussion has been closed.