test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 Instance Cap

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
I think with the ending of the Omega event, Cryptic forgot to raise the cap back up to 20 from 15.

Has anyone else noticed an instance cap elsewhere that hasn't been adjusted back to what it was before the Omega Event?
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well that sure does need to be put back to 20 preferably 25 or 30.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Yeah more people, more latency, sounds like a <s>good</s> idea to me.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    you can always move to a less populated instance, a lot of RPers like to hang in DS9 so making the cap super small IS a problem for them
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    How about before they increase the DS9 instance cap to 20, they get rid of the lag on that map as well as being in the dark when not using Lighting 2.0? That is a pain in the neck fixing the settings for that, reverting them for the rest of the content, and doing it again to walk on DS9.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    The cap should be atleast 20 to 25. I've dabbled in rping on ds9 and since they reduced it it's almost impossible to since rpers can't gather in more than 1 channel
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    How about before they increase the DS9 instance cap to 20, they get rid of the lag on that map as well as being in the dark when not using Lighting 2.0? That is a pain in the neck fixing the settings for that, reverting them for the rest of the content, and doing it again to walk on DS9.

In full agreement there.
    It's the main reason I HATE going into DS9.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »

It's not to bad now. I mean sure there is some rubber banding. But, that's everywhere in the game. However turning of cinematic focus will clear up any fuzziness that you might run into. I believe, back when they first put it in, one of the devs said if it's to dark, turn bloom off. I can't vouch if this works, I've never had the problem.

As for the DS9 instance cap. IN the old DS9 the instance cap was 30, but it was a larger map. When they put the new DS9 in, they reduced it to 20, because of the potential lag issues of it being a smaller map. Then to 15, for the anniversary and omega event, again to "help the lag". But, we're a couple weeks past that and it's still at 15.

However on the lag here, believe me, it's not just you. I'm running an AMD RX 570 TRIBBLE 8gb Graphics cards, with a 6 core processor to back, wired into to 2mb cable internet. I get all the rubber banding too. Plus, by my AMD performance reports, no matter how I've toyed with the settings of late, STO refuses to go over an average of 22.2fps. Where as other games with new graphics, for example Destiny 2, on almost max settings I'm averaging 57fps.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.