test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possible Re-Engineering Bug

kommodore#9003 kommodore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I have tried every trick I can think of but I can not seem to be able to re-engineer any Warp Cores. The modifiers are pretty straight forward... I was looking to change [ECAP] to [SCAP] as I could use the additional heal as a Tactical captain. Is this a known issue? I did not see it listed. Is this the right place to report bugs of this nature?

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Some gear just can't be re-engineered, because Cryptic has not added support for it for that item type. It's not a bug, it's a missing feature.

For example, you also can't re-engineer the special level 15 crafted Science and Engineering consoles.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Warp cores and Kit Frames cannot be re-engineered at all by design. Working as intended.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    If it's crafted and not a reputation or fleet core, what you can do is craft eleventy-dozen of them at Mark II VR until you get the mods you want.
  • Options
    kommodore#9003 kommodore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Wow, so keep pumping them out until RNG gives you the one you want... that sounds terrible. If it’s a missing feature any chance we can get an update on it?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And to really bollox things up, the Crafting Level special items like the Aegis stuff and Omni Beams can't be salvaged.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.