test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: ground patrols

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
could we have please ground patrols missions?
Most of the pleasure that i have in game curently, is on ground with my boffs, space is just boring. it is always the same thing, and for me it is not funny at all. Kobalistan, and Nimbus are cool, but these places are small, and there are too few things to do.

Maybe some old deleted ground missions could be modified to create ground patrols (if the code of these missions is not deleted :p )

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I like that idea. There is no Weapon Mastery or Armor Mastery to level up, but it would be nice to be able to take my away team out for something quick and purely ground-focused. Story episodes are mostly a mix, and have a fair amount of story to click through to get to the battles.

Ground is much less popular than space though so Cryptic might not want to put in the time for something that will get less use.

The random TFO system can let your captain play some ground TFOs by getting others to join you, but there you don't get to bring your away team.
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I'd absolutely love if they could do Ship Interior "Patrols". There are consoles that appear in every ship interior - like the one in the ready room which is used to decode a message for a mission (the name of which escapes me). Set a few of these up in each interior - say, one or two in each interior's Engineering, Sick Bay, Transporter Room and Bridge. Have us interact with the consoles, playing a series of the minigames to "re-align the phase inducers" or what not; maybe talking to few NPCs on board as well.

It would be quite similar to the way you interacted with NPCs/objects in social zones in Foundry missions. Obviously it needs a bit more fleshing out, but it would go a long way to making the interiors somewhat relevant, giving us a reason to visit from time to time.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    zadama wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love if they could do Ship Interior "Patrols". There are consoles that appear in every ship interior - like the one in the ready room which is used to decode a message for a mission (the name of which escapes me). Set a few of these up in each interior - say, one or two in each interior's Engineering, Sick Bay, Transporter Room and Bridge. Have us interact with the consoles, playing a series of the minigames to "re-align the phase inducers" or what not; maybe talking to few NPCs on board as well.

It would be quite similar to the way you interacted with NPCs/objects in social zones in Foundry missions. Obviously it needs a bit more fleshing out, but it would go a long way to making the interiors somewhat relevant, giving us a reason to visit from time to time.

You can do a little of that in the fleet starbase and embassy, but it gets boring after a time or two because it's always the same.

With a combat patrol you can vary your weapons, armor, kit modules and boff skills.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Yes! I used to be able to do this on a Foundry mission my Fleet Leader made for me.

It was just a simple map with various groups of enemies (different races with their unique abilities). I would run around the map hitting the various groups and play with gear, abilities (which are now Kits) and BOFF set ups.

Also, the Foundry had these BOFF Tester missions set up. Those had specific enemy groups...so you could test against Borg or Romulans or Starfleet etc. Those were useful to see how well the BOFFs worked together with each other (you went and stood behind a wall so the NPCs would not target you). So, those were nice for information, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would absolutely love Ground Patrols.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    One could be leading an away team to a crashed ship looking for survivors.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    The devs mentioned they want to do ground patrols in one of the Ten Forward streams from like a month after the space patrols were revamped to where they are now. Its probably lower on the content totem pole though, but honestly its hard to tell what their current focus is(Other than being determined to cause as much Event Fatigue as possible)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd be fine with them making them, but I would never play them myself. I've never found the ground portion of the game to be enjoyable in the slightest and always spend as little time doing ground combat stuff as possible.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    It is a waste of time and resources.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I would also like ground patrols. I'd be even more interested in old school combo space/ground patrols but they probably won't do that. I can understand why they might not do it because it would be content that doesn't involve space. And space is the money maker since they sell $30 C-store ships. They do not sell $30 C-store guns/armor.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    edited March 2020
    There is Ground Gear in the Lobi Store. And the stuff in the lock boxes for Ground. At a much more affordable price point.

So, they are making money off people like me, who don't bother keeping up with the Space Joneses, but still like to experiment.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    You can do a little of that in the fleet starbase and embassy, but it gets boring after a time or two because it's always the same.

With a combat patrol you can vary your weapons, armor, kit modules and boff skills.

I agree, and obviously the idea needs a bit of expansion. Still, being able to 'use' the interior is a long-requested feature and I'd love some further exploration of the idea. What about boarding parties/escaped prisoner/Mirror Universe incursion sort of thing?

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'd be fine with them making them, but I would never play them myself. I've never found the ground portion of the game to be enjoyable in the slightest and always spend as little time doing ground combat stuff as possible.

I was never a fan either until I started putting time into ground builds and playing maps with fleet members. Then I really started to enjoy it.

It's not for everyone though, I get that. At the very least they would be good for some ground based endeavors.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited March 2020
    The ground portion of a lot of the missions are missing the "hunt" aspect. Another big part of interactions with NPC on ground... is standing back and attacking from a distance or having enough distance/time to "set up" and then use a mechanic to aggro them into your traps.

Right now, it seems everything in ground mission seem to instantaneously aggro on you and your BOFFs. That is not fun.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    My thoughts on this.
    NN3u8ji.gif

However this will likely be Cryptic's.
    1Ilrjsy.gif
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.