test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty nerf part 2

So it seems that Cryptic decided to nerf the Admiralty system even further with the new patch from yesterday.
Before yesterdays patch, the ToD levels would give give 2.5k dil after completing them.
After logging in again when the servers went up, this is now changed. I've gotten R&D packs, spec points, pass tokens or just plain exp only.

There is no mention of this in the latest patch notes,so hy the further nerf or the admiralty system, and why did Cryptic do this silently?
Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Noticed. No idea if the 2.5k was intended (that 2.5k was my only/mostly only incentive to do fed/rom while having tours already on klingon then ferengy tracks) but noticed stopping getting it since 5/3's patch

To clarify: no idea if getting the 2.5k was intended, or if stopping getting the 2.5k was intended. Just noticed and noted to self to stop utilizing fed/rom tracks generally on all but maybe one char.
    edited March 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...not a nerf. The ToD dil was part of an event that ended.

Oo didn't know there was announced 2.5k addition to tours for an event?
    Thanks for info - I must have missed that note somehow.
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User

Yes you're right, i completely missed the bonus dil part in the admiralty bonus event announcement.
    So in general, admiralty has lost it's purpose and is pretty useless now.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
    edited March 2020
    smr12 wrote: »

Yes you're right, i completely missed the bonus dil part in the admiralty bonus event announcement.

Klingon is very useful now in my opinion, and ferengy also still has its uses, IMO, but yes, fed/rom are pretty useless for maxed chars.

I understand now why I missed the announcement - I don't have any char which had a particular interest in skill points (some are not full but nothing urgent for me and I have done the recruitment tasks account-wide) or simple leveling or track leveling, practically.

Klingon is very useful now in my opinion, and ferengy also has its uses, IMO, but yes, fed/rom are pretty useless for maxed chars.

I understand now why I missed the announcement - I don't have any char which had a particular interest in skill points (some are not full but nothing urgent for me) or simple leveling or track leveling, practically.

Fleet dil vouchers is only to support fleet projects no?
    edited March 2020

Klingon is very useful now in my opinion, and ferengy also has its uses, IMO, but yes, fed/rom are pretty useless for maxed chars.

I understand now why I missed the announcement - I don't have any char which had a particular interest in skill points (some are not full but nothing urgent for me) or simple leveling or track leveling, practically.

Fleet dil vouchers is only to support fleet projects no?

Yes as far as I know. (I don't know 100% what will happen in that regard) But I needed that :) today I should get about 80k to fleet. and maybe also 40k to the other faction's fleet.
    edited March 2020
    there will be stacks of fleet dil being unused when fleets projects are finished. seems to me that the problem shifted from too much regular dil to useless dil once the fleet is finished unless cryptic introduces big new dil sinks that are fleet related.
    edited March 2020
    Hmm. I guess it's not for finished fleets. Ours is a small fleet far from being finished. So it helps those who up to now used most their dil to try to help the fleet... and others who are interested in helping their unfinished fleets.

If your fleet is finished, have enough provisions (and decorations if you care about such) then it's not useful for you. However, you do get dil on many klingon's admiralty system missions and this can be taken into an account for individual missions.
    KDF or FED?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Klingon is very useful now in my opinion, and ferengy also still has its uses, IMO, but yes, fed/rom are pretty useless for maxed chars.

I understand now why I missed the announcement - I don't have any char which had a particular interest in skill points (some are not full but nothing urgent for me and I have done the recruitment tasks account-wide) or simple leveling or track leveling, practically.

We have this mechanism that translates virtual levels we reach beyond maxed spec points into additional dil.

If the random dil we get from regular assignments happens to be the same in all 4 campaigns I’d go so far as to claim ferengi and fed campaigns the most useful for plain dil now because fed 10/10 grants 2 direct spec points translated to dil.

Of course if one aims for fleet dil, kdf all the way.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Event News Blog stated that during the Event each completion of a ToD Assignment would reward Bonus Dilithium. But, it never stated that the Bonus would be 2,500.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    part of event that I hope becomes a frequent one. Made some nice profit with the 30k bonus pool buffing that 2.5k dil
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

We have this mechanism that translates virtual levels we reach beyond maxed spec points into additional dil.

If the random dil we get from regular assignments happens to be the same in all 4 campaigns I’d go so far as to claim ferengi and fed campaigns the most useful for plain dil now because fed 10/10 grants 2 direct spec points translated to dil.

But the random dil from regular assignments is not the same. Fed campaign is the worst, it can only give any at all dil from event bonuses.

I'd expect you will easily get more dil running regular assignments in KDF and ferengi than trying to get the Fed TOD for spec points conversion.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

But the random dil from regular assignments is not the same. Fed campaign is the worst, it can only give any at all dil from event bonuses.

I'd expect you will easily get more dil running regular assignments in KDF and ferengi than trying to get the Fed TOD for spec points conversion.

The Fed campaign does give out a lot of assignments that give out extra XP, so it will fill the spec point bar faster than any other campaign. Does it work out to be a better option counting that? I don't know.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    warpangel wrote: »

Yeah, still need to crunch numbers on it.. but the thought is that since you get so much more XP for the Fed Campaign, you will level your character at the same time converting those spec points into Dilithium along the way. Overall though, it could be quicker to just run the other tours for the per mission DIlithium, especially if you have the 10/10 buff from the Ferengi track active.

There is of course, the other problem that this only works with a character that has filled all of his/her skill trees.. otherwise you just get the 2 skill points.

At first, I thought the Fed path might be on par with others for the skill point rewards, but it's what? 2800 Dilithium per skill point? Overall, it will likely prove to be the slowest method overall.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    2,880. But, the point of the Federation Campaign is XP and the Bonus Spec points. Note that when you are Spec Point maxed those two awarded at 10 for 10 on the ToD will provide 5,760 Dilitium. Fairly cr*ppy award in the scheme of things, but I guess now better than KDF if you have absolutely no interest in a Fleet or yours and your Armada Fleets are finished.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    there will be stacks of fleet dil being unused when fleets projects are finished. seems to me that the problem shifted from too much regular dil to useless dil once the fleet is finished unless cryptic introduces big new dil sinks that are fleet related.

You can keep running provisioning projects forever, though. Those can also be useful for fleet members who still need fleet credits for more gear, and to make sure that there's always enough provisions on hand for those that want more gear. I have become the day-to-day leader of my Fed fleet, and run provisioning projects in every category that is finished, but doesn't have at least 1,000 provisions on hand right now. That gives members something to use to earn fleet credits. Once the Colony is finished (currently 2 tracks doing the final slog from Tier 4 to Tier 5, and 1 track almost to Tier 4) I will slowly phase out any track that has more than 1,000 provisions until the last one gets there, then will fill all tracks and keep them full, specifically so that my fleet members always have a place to contribute something for fleet credits. There's no benefit to leaving slots empty.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    since the initial premise of this was the confusion about the event and that has been answered, I'm closing this since it's essentially a duplicate. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.