What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A third faction, being no faction.

13»

Comments

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    the problem with a genuinely evil faction is they'd also need an entirely differant series of missions because said faction wouldn't nesscarily be working with the alliance. personally if they wanted to go that way I'd rather they just adjust mission text a bit more to account for the Klingons and Romulans. and occasionally even give optional objectives based around the factions so the Klingons and Jem Hadr might have a option to bash heads, the feddies to talk it out, and the romul;ans to sneaky sneaky. Much like how some episodes have a distinct option based on your class

We can agree there. The faction disparity that is shown, even in just the lack of narrative to treat each faction as anything other than Fed is purely insulting to the entire player base. Which kind of goes against what the Federation stands for doesn't it? Treat everyone equally? I'd have to say Cryptic is showing the exact opposite here.

As far as content wise. TFO and such can be overlooked, I mean story wise they're actually suppose to be a once and done thing.

As for current episodes, this can be done the same a Jem'hadar, just a holodeck version. But tack on at the end something about how weak the Federation is, and that they stand little chance against said evil faction. Of course with added narrative throughout about how said evil faction would have handled it differently. Again, allowing said evil faction to play current content, just with a different perspective.

As far as new content to go with this. If it were me, I'd do a tutorial for the evil factions, and a few starter missions, just like all others. These would be aimed at getting the character to at least level 20, along with an inside look at how said faction works. Then as this moved forward. Do content for the alliance side, say one or two episodes, but at the same time do the same number of counter, or opposing, episodes for the evil faction. This way it keeps the factions separate. Of course with no way for the "friendship is magic" ending to ever happen.

Also, this could be useful to break Crpytic's inability to actually progress past 2010. For example, if it was introduced now, the starting date would be 2420. Thus as each set of episodes comes out, it will progress the time frame by that much. So, this could span years, and the time in game actually progress with that.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I don't really think there will be much more of factions except for the micro factions that lead in to the two main Starfleet/KDF factions. That said a merc/lone wolf faction would make things interesting.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
This discussion has been closed.