Install Arc

Time for New Romulus To Upgrade

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    #NoMoreFleetHoldings

^This...
    Abandon an asset? You mean like Task Force Omega?

The Flotilla is needed in the Romulan Storyline until New Romulus is established. Now, unless they are going to do something to it with the Romulan revamp due to Picard, I do not know.

and this.

As nice as it would be to get a revamp, I very much doubt it will happen.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Yeah. You do understand NR Command has a shipyard too, right?!
    >
    > And the main reason for the Flotilla to exist, is because it's pretty. :) And because it's a major Rom hub, and there's not even a direct transwarp to it. And because it's silly to just abandon an asset like that (i.g. put up an unnecessary barrier to reach it).
    >
    > And as for the Flotilla being located in 'deep space', yeah, about 2 seconds sector space travel when undocking from NR. :p

OMG, pretty?? That's your justification? While we're at it, link ESD and First City to DS9, after all, DS9 is pretty now. :unamused:

Yes, the Flotilla WAS the Romulan major hub during the Romulan opening storyline, but that function was taken over by New Romulus Command after the establishment of New Romulus. Functionally, New Romulus Command and the Flotilla are the same and linking them makes no sense as there is nothing on the Flotilla that can be done that cannot be done on New Romulus. Look, I would support this 100%, if the Flotilla served some other function, or had services NOT available on New Romulus, but it doesn't.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I agree with BMR.

The Flotilla is still there for the players who roll new Romulans, no other reason. They can't access New Romulus Command until New Romulus is established in their storyline.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it does; the temporal agent is ONLY available on the flotilla, for some stupid reason known to the nitwit who thought it up​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    > And the main reason for the Flotilla to exist, is because it's pretty. :) And because it's a major Rom hub, and there's not even a direct transwarp to it. And because it's silly to just abandon an asset like that (i.g. put up an unnecessary barrier to reach it).
    >
    > And as for the Flotilla being located in 'deep space', yeah, about 2 seconds sector space travel when undocking from NR. :p

OMG, pretty?? That's your justification? While we're at it, link ESD and First City to DS9, after all, DS9 is pretty now. :unamused:

No. That's like saying "Y'all only want a new DS9 because it's pretty?? That's your justification?" To which I would wholeheartedly say, Yes! And your comparison with new DS9 and new ESD are, ironically, rather flawed, as those 2 got upgraded, not too long ago, precisely for only being prettier than their old version counterparts. :unamused:
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    it does; the temporal agent is ONLY available on the flotilla, for some stupid reason known to the nitwit who thought it up​​
    The temporal agent is there, because Delta Recruits have to visit him after the tutorial, before New Romulus is accessible.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The temporal agent is there, because Delta Recruits have to visit him after the tutorial, before New Romulus is accessible.

It would be a simple matter to copy the temporal agent to New Romulus Command.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    >

No. That's like saying "Y'all only want a new DS9 because it's pretty?? That's your justification?" To which I would wholeheartedly say, Yes! And your comparison with new DS9 and new ESD are, ironically, rather flawed, as those 2 got upgraded, not too long ago, precisely for only being prettier than their old version counterparts. :unamused:

I have no idea what you're talking about here. My point had nothing to do with anything being new or upgraded. It was linking two hubs that offer the exact same services is completely unnecessary. ESD and DS9 offer the same services, so there's no need to link them. The Flotilla and New Romulus Command offer the same services, so there's no need to link them. You're only justification for linking them is because the Flotilla is "pretty".
    GrWzQke.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    >

I have no idea what you're talking about here. My point had nothing to do with anything being new or upgraded. It was linking two hubs that offer the exact same services is completely unnecessary. ESD and DS9 offer the same services, so there's no need to link them. The Flotilla and New Romulus Command offer the same services, so there's no need to link them. You're only justification for linking them is because the Flotilla is "pretty".

Exactly, your point had nothing to do with anything being new or upgraded... but that's the topic of this thread, remember? Since it's almost certain New Romulus itself won't get a full new map, my very modest proposal was then to at least link NR to an asset which already exists, namely the Flotilla, and which is actually already pretty -- except that it can't be reached by transwarp and/or transporter. I have also argued, on several occasions, that the Flotilla ought to get a direct transwarp.

I'm not sure why these very modest proposals draw so much hostility. Or how you come to conclude the Klink First City should be linked to DS9, as the two are not even remotely conceptually related (whereas NR and the Flotilla obviously are).

As for your rationale that the Flotilla offers the same services, who cares? In fact, I'd say it's a good thing to offer the same amenities at different locations: it promotes diversity, and offloads the lag on some of the main hub maps. A direct transwarp to the Flotilla would be preferable to me; or, subsidiarily, link it to NR via a transporter. As it stands, though, the Fotilla is the only major Faction hub that can only be reached by traveling thru sector space. And that is odd. Heck, there's even a direct transwarp to Sierra 39!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    >

Exactly, your point had nothing to do with anything being new or upgraded... but that's the topic of this thread, remember? Since it's almost certain New Romulus itself won't get a full new map, my very modest proposal was then to at least link NR to an asset which already exists, namely the Flotilla, and which is actually already pretty -- except that it can't be reached by transwarp and/or transporter. I have also argued, on several occasions, that the Flotilla ought to get a direct transwarp.

I'm not sure why these very modest proposals draw so much hostility. Or how you come to conclude the Klink First City should be linked to DS9, as the two are not even remotely conceptually related (whereas NR and the Flotilla obviously are).

As for your rationale that the Flotilla offers the same services, who cares? In fact, I'd say it's a good thing to offer the same amenities at different locations: it promotes diversity, and offloads the lag on some of the main hub maps. A direct transwarp to the Flotilla would be preferable to me; or, subsidiarily, link it to NR via a transporter. As it stands, though, the Fotilla is the only major Faction hub that can only be reached by traveling thru sector space. And that is odd. Heck, there's even a direct transwarp to Sierra 39!

Right, so rather than discuss the topic of the OP, you'd rather derail it with talk of linking two functionally similar hubs. You're right, New Romulus isn't likely to see any "upgrades" to show progression, because it's timelocked to that point in the overall storyline.

Hostility? I'm not being hostile. If pointing out the flaws in your reasoning seems hostile to you, I apologise. I'm simply disagreeing with you and presenting logical explanations as to why your modest proposal is unnecessary. I wasn't concluding that First City should be linked to DS9. I was giving an example of an equally unnecessary linking of two functionally similar hubs. New Romulus Command and the Flotilla may be conceptually linked due to being Romulan hubs, but the Flotilla's necessity lies in Romulans needing a hub prior to their discovery and settlement on New Romulus. After this, the Flotilla becomes unnecessary, so linking them is also unnecessary.

Who cares? The game designers. There are reasons ESD and First City are linked to their respective Academies: 1) they are in physical proximity to each other, 2) the facilities themselves offer services the other doesn't. Again, the Flotilla is not in orbit of New Romulus and it offers similar services, therefore linking them doesn't make sense.
    Yes, having the same services at different locations is indeed good. It enables players to accomplish what they need without having to travel all the way back to home base. That's why these services are offered at various hubs across the galaxy: to be accessible while you're there. No other functionally similar hubs are linked to one another. Offloading lag isn't even an issue. The game will just create another instance of the map. I could see adding the Flotilla to the transwarp list, but not a transporter/shuttle from New Romulus to the Flotilla: it's unnecessary, again, because they are functionally similar.

Now, you could argue that the Flotilla should have logically moved into orbit above New Romulus to act as the Romulan ESD/Shipyard equivalent to retain those ship services, and New Romulus Command not have those services and act more like the Academies, and that would make sense in linking the two. But no, you want to unnecessarily link two functionally similar hubs that are half a sector away from each other, because it's "pretty".
    GrWzQke.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The Academies allow the additional option of beaming directly into Sector Space. New Romulus Command...
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    sinnari wrote: »
    True, just wishful thinking, be nice to explore a cityscape of sorts. The "wilds" can still be wild, research still going on, incoming/outgoing stuff from the staging area, but once you enter the command center, maybe some doors or turbo lifts to the Remen area, or a Romulan city like Quonos.

As 'turnerboy' once explained, the Remen area, much like the ESD shuttle bay was never meant to be accessible. It's built simply for realism rather than having just put a 2D painting there because it's closer to the area you are intended to have access to.

It's quite detailed (granted so is the ESD shuttlebay that's closest to you) and other the some wierd clipping and missing walls on buildings could work as playable space as is (I was thinking on using that part for a Foundry project back when Foundry was still a thing).

Personally it would be lovely if we could see more of the New Romulus City, or even parts of the HQ we've yet to see.
  • hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I agree, New Romulus NEEDS an update, and I am not talking about the type of updates in which missions are combined-revamped or removed, ENOUGH WITH THOSE TYPE OF UPDATES! I don't know when it happened, being I have just recently shown interest in Star Trek Online again, but I don't like that only 4 of the 10 original planet based missions are playable. Is that because I was Tier 5 and when was that implimented? Cause I've been tier 5 when "The Sphere" expansion was released and could still play all 10 planet missions.

But yes, New Romulus needs an expansion. Maybe more areas to explore ON TOP OF the already existing New Romulus content.
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Romulans get some attention? HAHAHA don't be silly!

:/:(:'(
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    All I know that years ago when Cryptic did a expansion with the New Romulus story arc it was a great time in game. With the amount of money that was spent in bringing it to us I see it being foolish not expanding it again. Especially now with Star Trek Picard. Something could be done to some detail. Like for example maybe a mission showing the Romulans being rescued.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin Nerco alert
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes, the Flotilla WAS the Romulan major hub during the Romulan opening storyline, but that function was taken over by New Romulus Command after the establishment of New Romulus. Functionally, New Romulus Command and the Flotilla are the same and linking them makes no sense as there is nothing on the Flotilla that can be done that cannot be done on New Romulus. Look, I would support this 100%, if the Flotilla served some other function, or had services NOT available on New Romulus, but it doesn't.

You're forgetting Temporal Agent Dude on the flotilla. He is not available at New Romulus Command.

For the rest of it. You're asking for a revamp to make it look better. Cryptic did this with First City. Which was basically taking the old First City map, knocking the dust off it, made the lighting a little brighter, put it in game, and called it the New First City. This is basically what you're going to get with a revamp of anything that isn't Federation.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Actually the first city got a more substantial revamp earlier, back in launch it was differant. they made it look more like the first city from TNG
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Nice thought. But before worrying about expanding it, how about fixing the broken stuff like the bugged Warehouse instance? It's been broken for over a month.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Yeah even for an old threat its true that New Rom needs some work done to it. It's true, its a great idea and its not going to happen. This would require 2 things that Cryptic doesn't like to do, 1 - Put work into Romulan stuff, and 2 - That work would be on something that isn't monetized. sooooo it's not gonna happen ever
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    The Academies allow the additional option of beaming directly into Sector Space. New Romulus Command...

Yet ESD ONLY allows beaming to the SOL system. The fact is Cryptic is inconsistent with a number of game mechanics UI implementations, etc. across the entirety of STO, and hell, doesn't even have the time/resources to fix some costume bugs that they've known about and acknowledged over a year ago - and seems to be concentrating on new content only - and then only fixing the truly egregious bugs post launch, and then leaving that content in whatever state while they move onto the NEXT new content...

Yet somehow, people expect them to go and update new Romulus? Hahahahaha!
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Starfleet Academy gives you a wide range of Beam locations including the Vulcan Sector. ESD, the massive facility, does not.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    DS9 is pretty but sadly feels really cramped at times compared to what it was. That said it's nice to see it so accurate.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,462 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    squidjoe wrote: »
    Nice thought. But before worrying about expanding it, how about fixing the broken stuff like the bugged Warehouse instance? It's been broken for over a month.

They are going to fix that mission. Look at the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section. A dev has responded that this fix will come in a patch. It takes a while to see what in the code has changed that caused the bug, then to implement the fix, make sure it works, and then put in a patch. Then what patch that will be implemented in. These things take time. So please wait, be patient, and continue reporting bugs. As for New Romulus I have no problem with the way it is though I do believe it needs to be optimized. Thanks. :)

P.S. The Warehouse mission was fixed in last week's patch, it just was not in the patch notes.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    I would like to see dual zones like Defera. The construction zone for the storyline peeps and a built active social zone for endgame players. This is especially important now with Picard and the Rommie focused storyline.

Additionally, I would also like to set my home to NR as I get so tired of auto moving to First City like with Q as a Klink affiliated Rom.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • ineluki71ineluki71 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Hey all! Sorry been away from the game for a while. But back! I think this is a good topic for discussion/idea.
    If WOW can do it, so can STO! Long Live STO!!!!!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    ineluki71 wrote: »
    I have been with the game since Beta and will always be with it! But please please can we get New Romulus to start growing and becoming something grander? The unfinished city below would be great to have as well!
    strathkin wrote: »
    It would be nice to see a few updates to the earlier Romulan & Klingon missions; yet still I think it would be nice, if the Romulan Adventure Zone had a few enhancements, updates, thought I've also heard rumors of that being considered for Deferra but don't know if that's true.

I would however share an Interest in seeing the Underground Reman City on New Romulus; even if it were perhaps an expansion to Tier 4 Embassy that unlocked it to visit the the Reman Consulate. ;)

I just think that would be totally neat to see for sure!

@ambassadorkael#6946

I posted a long time ago I'd love to visit the Reman Underground City, perhaps as an expansion to the Fleet Embassy maybe one of the few that go to Tier 4. Or perhaps a mission where we visit the Embassy from the Staging Area and then take turbolift to the Reman Underground area to consult with Remans.

Still much of what happens in the game is based on what DEVs think fit's with the evolving story.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ineluki71ineluki71 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Really great ideas! Hopefully we can see some development spent in New Rom!!!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.