test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

2»

Comments

• themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    Same issue, can't authenticate.

(humorous demands for insane and improbable compensation for lost play time goes here. :) )
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Same issue. But, new event, still the same old problems with Cryptic. So sad to see they don't learn from their past, recent issues.
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I was about to buy some zen, guess this was a sign...
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • lisaawolflisaawolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, I was just gonna check the game out after being away for a while. However I'm getting the same error. Guess I'll shelve it again.
  • starempire2000starempire2000 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I also cannot log into the game and i'm using the ARC launcher. it says server is up (green light)
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Same here, either Steam, Arc, or direct from launcher. "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Devs monitoring this thread (I hope)?
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Same here. And since patch, Steam auth isnt working anymore.
    Edit: I was in game. I did Binary stars, but i couldnt reclaim ship from Zen store, thats where it started. I got disconnected from server and now i cant log back in.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Steam
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Tried the original STO launcher and ARC same problem with both, ARC updated and loaded but failed to launch game.
  • masssquaredmasssquared Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same for me too. I use steam but got forced into that linking and have requested to unlink the accounts. I thought this was related to it. seems it's effecting all sorts though.
  • viribusunitisviribusunitis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same her unable to authenticate with classic launcher and Stem
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Unable to authenticate…
    Oh, and there is note on Twitter, that they know and work on it.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    This is on the twitter account

Star Trek Online

@trekonlinegame

Our PC Accountserver is having a bit of an identity crisis. We've despatches a Starfleet counselor, and should have it back to normal shortly
  • rrdeprise#8705 rrdeprise Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    man pls i just want to play, same issue here. using standard login never had issue for years. server status green, should switched first for red so we would know. pls solve the matter. thank you perfect world!
  • christorenchristoren Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am on ARC and getting "Unable to Authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" too
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    man pls i just want to play, same issue here. using standard login never had issue for years. server status green, should switched first for red so we would know. pls solve the matter. thank you perfect world!
    If I remember correctly authenticate server is separate from actual game server, so the green server status may be correct.
  • szigo21szigo21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here...steam user
  • moonwater2moonwater2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    same here also Arc
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    If I remember correctly authenticate server is separate from actual game server, so the green server status may be correct.

Yes the Account Server is separate from the game server
  • borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same here, europe/austria.
    its typical: new hotness is being launched (in this case new t6 ship event) and there are not enough server ressources available to handle the load thus not allowing connection.
    why the hell do we even have a TLS?! Instead of a priority login we cannot login at all!
    seems it will take longer, might be a serious issue. can happens even it did not for years like that. Pls keep working, we trust in God and You. give em their time they need. they will solve it probably within hours. Dont worry, be happy, seems we need some patience for our great STO Universe. You see everything needs good maintenance.I Love Perfect World Ent.
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Arc login, same 'Time out' since patch.
    ohh yes, might be also that the illegal keybind app and their illegal script into sto chat also fkks the servers. Pls dont use the keybind app in sto, it caused the lags because its unusual for the game to load all abilities just by one space bar button also its to fire weapons and they link them together. Pls dont use that in sto!
    yeah it works again by now, just got into the patch. Love u perfect world!
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    we are all rolbacked to 2010 with no refund !
  • alpha#9002 alpha Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same here
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Up running...now
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.