test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
As title suggest anyone else having trouble getting into game? :(
"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Yep, got in about 30 mins ago but can't get back in now. Same message.
  • deano65ehgdeano65ehg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Me too just tried to switch charecters n now this :'( Let alone the huge amounts of lag everyone is now getting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hicks#3836 hicks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same here.
  • bibmibibmi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ditto
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Everyone's favorite patch day event.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Same for me.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Same old, same old! I guess the server hamsters are dying from overwork because of the influx of extra players who only come online when a good event is running.
  • masssquaredmasssquared Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same here unable to log in.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I don't even get that far. Click on 'Play' in ARC, and even before it starts patching it just goes to the splash screen with the "Log In to your Account" page. Has my UserID, asks for password, put password in, click, it just reloads the same window. (Normally the ARC/login window just goes straight into loading the game or patching without even asking for my PW.)

Not sure how many times Cryptic has to repeat this process of patching the game but nuking the login server. Pretty sure it's happened a couple dozen times in the past 5 years or so. You'd almost think someone would make a note or something: "When patching, don't do X".
  • mavericku2007mavericku2007 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Same here - unable to log in
  • tiffanittetiffanitte Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yep, same here
    They just acknowledged there is a problem on that there tweety-thingy
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I'm in, but a fleetmate was booted from the game and can't log back in.
    Update from twitter shows they're aware of the problem, though no E.T.A. as of yet:

​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • masssquaredmasssquared Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I assumed it had something to do with me requesting to unlink my account from arc and steam. Did anyone here make that request also?
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Be a real shame if they took some of this ship pack money, RD pack money and ya know.. invested it in the game. Been a rubber banding, laggy mess for a while now. Could use some netcode fixes and maybe a bit of hardware to make the game a tad more stable
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Same here -_-
    This new event is awesome...what we win for entering our password 50 times? 100 times?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Back to normal?

It's already at normal though.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    I say we all get bonus Dilithium for this inconvenience!!!
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Be a real shame if they took some of this ship pack money, RD pack money and ya know.. invested it in the game. Been a rubber banding, laggy mess for a while now. Could use some netcode fixes and maybe a bit of hardware to make the game a tad more stable

Nah. See, that would mean they wouldn't be putting it into their pockets. And that alone is criminal, dontcha know!
    No, I agree, they have a lot of unresolved issues, and there are a million things they could be doing to improve things. But the sad truth is, they aren't going to.
    Hopefully the "counselor" uses a big enough hammer.
  • kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So far I can't log in either
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    A typical update in the Crypticverse.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • constellusconstellus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    same here :(
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    sacdragon wrote: »
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

Nah. See, that would mean they wouldn't be putting it into their pockets. And that alone is criminal, dontcha know!
    No, I agree, they have a lot of unresolved issues, and there are a million things they could be doing to improve things. But the sad truth is, they aren't going to.

Sad but true, just bombard the game with sales and new super expensive ships to drop money on and maybe a new mission here and there while everything else just falls apart.
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    This is what you get when you use substandard servers.

https://youtu.be/uRGljemfwUE
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • u3pm#4078 u3pm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here - unable to log in
    If you want them to fix this game, stop buying zen until they do. More likely they'll just pull the plug, it's the Chinese way.
  • lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    "Sorry you cannot connect to the game because Star Fleet thinks Superman is crazy, or is that the log in server, we just cannot tell the difference any more as they both have their pants on the outside"

Why can't I get messages like this instead of "Unable to Authenticate:" I think the Crazy Superman statement would be so much better, and one a few would agree with. lol J/K if people didn't notice.
This discussion has been closed.