test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fleet missions?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
So I was working on some newer toons and they need some fleet credits, but the fleet projects just aren't getting done very fast.
The fleets that I am in are active enough and there good people etc etc so I have no interest in leaving.

So I had a thought, what if there were actual "missions" that could be done for the fleet credits as an alternative, something related to each of the holds, maybe its just getting X materials, doing a patrol of the system etc.

I mean why have a space zone for the fleet dil mine, why not have that zone used for something?

Thoughts?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Not the sort of answer you may have been looking for but the Colony has mini-games that can be picked up on the holding if your fleet's coffers have room (not too exciting for me tbh). The Colony can also initiate an invasion simulation and is good fun but for various reasons sims aren't as popular as they used to be.

There are perhaps too few missions like Officer of the Watch daily that pay out just a little FM at the Starbase so I understand the spirit of what you're suggesting. I was expecting more myself but perhaps solo missions, being as attractive and immersive as they are for some, don't necessarily fill the queues being fleet specific.

I can't say additional work on the fleet system seems likely to be very high on the to do list if on a list at all, although a few fixes for a couple issues would be welcome.

Enter /channel_join FEDdefera or /channel_join KDFdefera into chat to access channels that are used to form faction specific teams (minimum of 3 people) for the four defera (not so) hard ground missions.

They give a generous quantity of fleet marks, xp, dil, omega marks and a BNC (potentially more dilithim if you trade in what you don't need). Takes about 20 minutes, repeats every 20 hours.

Still the best fleet mark specific deal in town. During a recent holding upgrade and in combination with an FTFO and multiiple toons it was still possible to generate about 2000 FM /day.

As to fleet projects not getting done very fast it usually comes down to human nature... I have all the fleet credits I need, not re-investing excess fleet credits into doffs for projects, and not wanting to part with hard earned dilithium.

If you really meant missions for fleet credits and not marks that would be bypassing the system as it was designed.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    I am thinking of little 2min missions at each fleet holding for Fleet Credits, lets say .... 150 credits per mission? its not going to make you rich or anything, but it wold help most of all if there is not so many people actively working on the hold projects. It wold have to be something very simple, everyday life kind of thing, like getting supplies, do a patrol, check on staff member etc.

Because you gave your honest thoughts and opinions on it, doesn't matter if it was what I was looking for or if we agreed or not, it was good honest feedback.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    A patrol that awards credit instead of dil or marks doesn't sound like it would be too hard to add. Since you'd be giving up the 500 or 1,000 dil and 15-30 from a normal patrol getting fleet credit directly instead is a very reasonable reward.

Until then, one way to get a few credits is to donate to other fleets in the armada. Also, if your fleets aren't running those quick "assign 64 civilians to the Soylent factory" * missions in the starbase you can ask your leaders to start running them.

* not the real name
    The Starbase has a project with a 30 minute cool down. Even a smaller fleet could potentially be flipping it several times or more a day.

The only thing a mission that pays out directly in fleet credits versus fleet marks gives is just another excuse not to turn over normal projects that progress or provision your holdings and bypasses how things have been designed to work.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Your fleet projects aren't being done very fast because you and your fleetmates aren't investing resources in them very fast.

Put more resources in the projects, you get fleet credit and they complete faster.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There are Fleet Credit Bonus Pool item in the Phoenix Box store... they use Green Phoenix tokens.

So, at least, when you get a chance to donate to your Fleet...you will get a bonus.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I will use this as an example, lets say in the fleet dilithium space zone, you can have a task where you scan 5? objects for possible harvesting. after you do so you get 100 - 200 fleet CREDITS, not marks credits. its something small that you wouldnt be able to grind it constantly or anything, but it could be used to top up what you need. if all the holds had something like that, total of ..... 500-600 credits a day if you grind it.

maybe the level of your fleet/holds could determine the amount you get?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Klingon Admiralty.... Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.... not just good for building the fleet project but great for collecting Fleet CREDITS.

Because, as everyone should know, Dilithium is the least favorite thing to donate....but if you have these Vouchers laying around....

Just something to think about in the future....
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    If you're hurting for fleet credits, "coordinate colonization efforts" is a good fleet project for spamming fleet credits. You earn tons of prisoners from Klingon Admiralty and can donate 64 per project. 64 x 300 FC per prisoner = 19,200 Fleet credits per 30 minutes. The project also accepts fleet marks and EC. If you fill the project solo, you get around 40k to 50k fleet credits and can do it over and over again since it has a 30 minute cooldown.

Assuming that you have the fleet rights to slot the project of course. If not, get your fleet on board with making sure that this project is constantly slotted.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Assuming that you have the fleet rights to slot the project of course. If not, get your fleet on board with making sure that this project is constantly slotted.
    I like your suggestion in another thread for being able to auto-slot the 30 minute project.

We do pretty well with 3-4 people in a couple different time zones to keep CCE rolling.

That project can really add up fast for fleet members, even before admiralty when people were just doffing for doffs. Now it's just golden.
    @westmetals Could you explain why you feel that it wold not work out good?
    I dont think the amount earned would bee too much considering the prices of most items requiring fleet credits, just look at the cost of a purple fleet doff at 125000 fleet credits, even my main toon doesnt have all the fleet doffs yet.
    interesting. no one benefits from my dil, EC, GPL or rep marks either.
    on that I am not talking about a large sum of fleet credits, 100 - 200 at most.
    it would take forever to generate enough for anyone to actually buy anything.
    its more of a , if your projects are at a stand still, but you only need another 1k, do these little missions in the fleet holdings to generate that.
    now you're understandable, see just saying something is bad or densest work, doesn't tell me much, you have made good points on this now.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Not the sort of answer you may have been looking for but the Colony has mini-games

Where do we get these mini-games? And what is it about the fleet's coffers have room?

protoneous wrote: »
    the Colony has mini-games

Where do we get these mini-games? And what is it about the fleet's coffers have room?

Use the fleet transwarp to go to the Dranuur Colony world. The mission Melting Pot might come in handy if your transwarp is in cool down.

Be sure to check that there's room in your Colonies coffers before even heading to the Colony world. A full coffer can't be contributed to (250,000 is the most they can hold) and they produce a set amount of provisions on their own each day.

Providing that Colony projects are being completed at a reasonable rate and for quite some time after upgrades there's usually a quite a bit of room for more provisions. You may even have projects that are on hold due to a lack of provisions at times so you're helping your fleet move projects forward by providing them.

From the point where you beam down, go straight forward past the first NPC to the nearest corner of the main building and talk to Quartermaster Mijeenu to pick up the 3 missions to collect Colony Provisions (ore, battery, and luxury).

The higher the tier your Colony World is, the closer the mission locations are to you. They range from being right in town on an a high tiered Colony to (usually) having to go for a surf or run to get to where you want to be. Having a surf board or frosted boots can really help.

Complete the mini-games for up to 250 provisions that pay out 3.3 Fleet Credits each. They missions have a short cool down. Each round of the 3 mini-games would pay out a total of 2475 fleet credits when deposited into your Fleet's coffers.

1bn8Rp3.jpg

884Ezpw.jpg
This discussion has been closed.