test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What good is a Borg datacore?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I have a bunch of these from a lockbox and they aren't worth much on the exchange. Why would I care about Borg lore?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Gotta catch em all, resistance is futile
  • kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    If you do care about them, make sure you click "Log Data" or whatever it's called on the button below each log, otherwise it doesn't add it to your datapad at all. Simply opening them isn't enough to add each one to your datapad. I felt like such an idiot after opening a ton of them (I'm a collector) and only having three entries on the datapad afterwards.
    sto-large.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/ey2yr9/how_many_entries_in_the_borg_datacore/

Collect them all and it sounds like it unlocks a title (for your account???? not sure)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks. That seems like a lot of work for little reward
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »

"Freezitance it fruitile."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/ey2yr9/how_many_entries_in_the_borg_datacore/

Collect them all and it sounds like it unlocks a title (for your account???? not sure)

I believe the title is Of Borg iirc.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    redwren89 wrote: »

Borgemon!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And it gives you a device similar to the Golden Knowledge Lobi Store Item for the Rules of Acquisition. It will cycle through all the datacore entries with audio. You need to open about 20 to complete the item.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    you will get the audio play back after so many and the title of borg at 6 per per entry. It shouldn't be hard to complete the set since datacores are like 500-750 per if you buy them in stacks of 20.

Not sure of the value of it, but it is something you can do. though i find the other lock box entries with you receiving a Doff or other goodies at the end to be better.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
    I looked for "of Borg" in the list of completed accolades and could not find it. I was hoping it increased your damage against the borg or something. Do you know where it is on the list?
    indyshark wrote: »
    I looked for "of Borg" in the list of completed accolades and could not find it. I was hoping it increased your damage against the borg or something. Do you know where it is on the list?

Have you completed the accolade Of Borg? If you have not, then it would not be in the list of completed accolades.
    I have. I can't find it in the list of completed accolades
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I have. I can't find it in the list of completed accolades

It is under the Lore accolades, where the "path to 2409" and the like are listed. No bonuses to killing borg, that is what you get for the kill accolades.

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    kavol wrote: »
    If you do care about them, make sure you click "Log Data" or whatever it's called on the button below each log, otherwise it doesn't add it to your datapad at all. Simply opening them isn't enough to add each one to your datapad. I felt like such an idiot after opening a ton of them (I'm a collector) and only having three entries on the datapad afterwards.

I did the same thing, blowing through about 40 of them before I realized I wasn't logging any of them.

Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
    I see it now. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.