test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Refinement Cap

In the past it seemed reasonable as far as alts went to have this cap per character and to have a handle on how fast dilithium could be refined especially where certain exploiting activities that could occur without it being there. Although it has been making me wonder now especially with characters that have so much dilithium put into their upgrades and such if there could be a QoL type of system that allows for the increase of the amount you can refine based on per character and how much that has been put into it such as the upgrading, specialization, etc so it wouldn't be easily done to increase them but characters like this I have can generally rack up dilithium quickly because they are monsters at what they do so I can easily go through tfos or whatever I am doing to get dilithium. So in some cases I could go like a year without playing a character just waiting for all of it to refine and no way to move to that unrefined dilithium where I can use what I've earned/obtained.

So Cryptic and PWE think of all these little monsters that need some dilithium loving. Plus one last note this whole system has evolved over time and dilithium system and cap hasn't existed the entire 10 years but not far off from it. The aspect though of how its used as a sink for upgrading, fleets, and gear though it really needs some flexibility. So I find when playing a character that has pretty much everything upgraded to epic is pretty easy to get lots of dilithium but this refinement cap makes it in the end seem less valuable to upgrade when everything you are doing isn't going to be able to be spent for months to years. Also like the way the zen works with the account based thing it would be great if dilithium was moved to do the same thing and just change the refinement system into an account based thing. So even if it was like just 100k account wide per day would be better than having to micromanage alts and then never playing main characters because their efforts are useless. So just saying change needs to occur here as the game is ever evolving. Just have some checks and balances so this works with people that are actually playing the game and not people who are just spawn camping trex's.

Also I am not a drunk idiot I am just an idiot who wants to see bigger numbers when I see over a million unrefined dilithium just sitting there and on top of that people complaining about this fleet dilithium voucher I am all for it because its dilithium I can SPEND!!!

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Borticus has already said that increasing the cap is a bad idea making this topic null and void. The dil refinement cap will not be increased. If you want to refine more dilithium, create additional characters.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Considering that this word is actually from Cryptic and pretty much says no.. this topic really should added to the F.C.T. list.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Considering that this word is actually from Cryptic and pretty much says no.. this topic really should added to the F.C.T. list.

It already was. Though I don't understand the need for a F.C.T. list in the first place. If people want to discuss the same topic for the 100th time, why not let them? It's not like this forum is abuzz with activity. And circumstances can always change. Nothing makes that more clear than point 23 on the F.C.T. list: Account-wide Unlock of Lockbox, Lobi, and/or R&D Promotion Ships
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    It already was.

Ah, right.. I see it is on the list.. my bad.

I don't personally care either way, if people want to create hundreds of threads on the same topic it doesn't effect me. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    remove the refine cap and set the dil to zen at a max of 5000-1
    i bet it will hit 5k within an hour
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

It already is. :) I lobbied for it even, and BMR subsequently asked a Dev, and they gave the offical 'go' to put it on the F.C.T.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

It already was. Though I don't understand the need for a F.C.T. list in the first place. If people want to discuss the same topic for the 100th time, why not let them? It's not like this forum is abuzz with activity. And circumstances can always change. Nothing makes that more clear than point 23 on the F.C.T. list: Account-wide Unlock of Lockbox, Lobi, and/or R&D Promotion Ships
    Most people don't want to discuss the same topic for the 100th time, so these tend to devolve into arguments rather quickly.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since I started playing this game at the end of May, 2013, I have bought Zen on exactly two days, in early December, 2016, when the Exchange dipped to 275. Otherwise, I always buy Dilithium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Borticus has already said that increasing the cap is a bad idea making this topic null and void. The dil refinement cap will not be increased. If you want to refine more dilithium, create additional characters.

This ^

And thank goodness too. Otherwise inflation would run out of control, and even if it was raised, there would still be people who say it isn't enough (but 10,000 dil refinement cap isn't high enough, we need it higher! but 20,000 dil refinement cap isn't high enough, we need it higher! but 50,000 dil refinement cap isn't high enough, we need it higher! but 100,000 dil refinement cap isn't high enough, we need it higher! but 1,000,000 dil refinement cap isn't high enough, we need it higher! etc. etc. etc.) Where does it end?

Cryptic is being very smart keeping it where it's at.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    This is a FCT and will be closed after my post here. I am however going to answer a question here that I see.

The FCT exists because of several reasons. First of which is having a hundred different duplicates of the same thread and same discussion clogs the forums with spam and prevents people from potentially getting help that need it and information that was given in a previous incarnation, such as a dev answer, is missed. Some threads also devolve into arguments or so on. All of this is answered in the FCT listing.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.