test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to get borg drones?

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
on the ground i will see people fighting then out of the blue borg start walking around. anyone know what i need to make it happen? i want to do a borg theme and what ever that is would be a big help
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11354243-the-borg-lock-box

& more specifically:

Captains may also acquire Borg Kit Module packs. These Kit Modules are universal, and can be used by any class.

Assimilate
    Deals physical damage over time to a targeted foe and foes near them, assimilating them under your control once they fall. Max 4 targets. These nanoprobes are only able to assimilate humanoid creatures, and some humanoids cannot be assimilated (Borg, Undine, Photonic Beings).

Available from your local Borg Lock Box (depending upon your luck) or probably a better method the Exchange. Hope you acquire & enjoy it, it is sort of fun!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    If it's really Borg that appear out of nowhere, they're (provided that the OP is talking about Borg content where he encounters them) more likely to come from a new ability that the Borg use.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The OP saying "out of the blue" leads me to believe that it IS the assimilation kit mod from the borg lockbox. I have that mod and thats exactly what it looks like.
    alonar wrote: »
    The OP saying "out of the blue" leads me to believe that it IS the assimilation kit mod from the borg lockbox. I have that mod and thats exactly what it looks like.

I know what it looks like. The new ability used by the Borg also makes them appear out of nowhere. So that doesn't say much.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I know what it looks like. The new ability used by the Borg also makes them appear out of nowhere. So that doesn't say much.
    I think he's talking about seeing Borg suddenly appear in non-Borg missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I think he's talking about seeing Borg suddenly appear in non-Borg missions.

Most likely. That was the thing to be determined.

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'ts really any good?, been planning on testing that kit, but wasn't sure about it
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I'ts really any good?, been planning on testing that kit, but wasn't sure about it
    They're slow moving and despawn after a minute or two but more minions are more minions. Targeting a cluster of enemy ensigns then wasting them all is a quick way to get more cannon fodder to make beating the boss faster.

Gotta keep in mind the list of enemies it DOESN'T work on(Borg or anything "non-Humanoid"), but swapping kit mods can be done any time not in combat. So far I've tested it to work on Romulans, Heralds, Vorgons, Krenim, Terrans, Na'kuhl, Disco Feds, and Vaadwaur. Only things I've tried it on and failed to Assimilate are nanite clusters and Borg. It's still a DoT even if it doesn't assimilate, but it's not great at killing things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

It's meh.

Sure, if you enjoy it, use it. But I wouldn't call it effective in terms of how good it helps you complete the game's content (or, kill enemies).

There are better modules for that, also in the Borg lockbox.

It's meh.

Sure, if you enjoy it, use it. But I wouldn't call it effective in terms of how good it helps you complete the game's content (or, kill enemies).

There are better modules for that, also in the Borg lockbox.
    It's best at creating an army of cannon fodder. :) DPS, not so much, but cannon fodder? absolutely!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Ok, i'm 50/50 about it right now, thanks! :lol: , also, there is bridge officers manuals or just that kit for your captain?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Ok, i'm 50/50 about it right now, thanks! :lol: , also, there is bridge officers manuals or just that kit for your captain?
    Just kits. I really wish there were boff manuals for more things, but these don't have manuals.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Works on Voth too, makes for some fun silliness in the BZ. :smile:
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    The space console version of the module can also provide a lot of silliness. There is the classic assimilated Voth City Ship with the oversized Borg deflector, but I also recently discovered it also worked on the Crystalline Entity as well.

AAAAAAND before anyone gets excited thinking about what this Entity would look like with Borg components, it doesn't give it a unique skin, it just spawns a normal tiny Borg probe.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Just the soldier, or the pets too? I was guessing it'd work on stuff like the spec ops, but not raptors or mechs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When a mommy and daddy Borg love each other.... :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »

...it's no longer called assimilation.

Ahem. I'll just leave this thread again.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    ltminns wrote: »

...it's no longer called assimilation.
    Well, technically it could be considered mutual assimilation between gametes. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2020

You get an army of Drones. The Borg kit modules from the lockbox, most of them actually have good synergy. Traditionally universal kit modules from the same lockbox have next to no synergy.

The only content I have found the Borg modules to not be great against are... Other Borg :)

I had been playing with the modules a lot in regular missions, Pahvo Dissension Advanced, Miner Instabilities Advanced (nobody queues up anymore for Elite version, I wanted to try it there), etc. Very useful in getting mobs as a screen for you and your teammates.

Anyways, a post of mine about the kit modules and stuff from the Borg Lockbox release:
    I've been liking the kit modules from the lockbox. Been having a grand time Assimilating stuff. The other modules are pretty useful. Adapt is fantastic in providing a short period of specific damage immunity for teammates in the area, which is highly useful in a place like Miner Instabilities where the NPCs like to start off with hard single target attacks for a lot of damage. Like, not even Crouching staves off the damage from the Romulan Sniper Rifles.

Pahvo Dissension Advanced
    YLRr3hd.jpg
    Assimilated one of the named Terran NPCs at the end.
    zmH62xN.jpg

That ground Mycelial network STF, assimilated the Elachi.
    4Y3Huc7.jpg

Miner Instabilities Advanced (haven't tried it yet in Elite, nobody does that anymore).
    Uu2e29C.jpg
    mDpQNjP.jpg
    Even got the Nakhul Captain as a Drone.
    GWeOthY.jpg

Pretty cool to have an army of drones working for you. The drones don't move fast, they just walk slowly like all the Borg usually do. So when you get into a new area to fight, you start over and build a new drone army.

It's hilarious when you got 2 players with Borg builds running around together, the synergy gets insane.
    I liked the style enough that my Gorn is "Full Borg" even with the lobi armor and gun. I replicated the same thing with my Liberated Borg Romulan.
    XzRTofz.gif
    yeah the mission where you stay in one spot and shoot waves of enemies become a lot easier.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.