test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Colony battery provisions mini-game too hard for max reward.

syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Even scoring 815 score on colony battery mini-game doesnt reward 250, only rewards 225 provisions, means you have to replay the game to get an extra 25 provisions. Could you please lower the score required to 625 to get max provisions. Even if you pay attention you can still score that low depending on how far away your position moves when playing the game. Could you add Colony Provisions to replicator like the rest of the fleet holding provisions so people don't have to play mini games at higher cost than others so you dont gain fc if you replicate and donate them?

Comments

• krwolcottkrwolcott Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Having the same issue as of, 27 Feb 2020. [Ticket #116957]

I don't know how high you have to score to get 250 provisions reliably, but getting 250 for 775 points on one character and then getting 225 for scoring 895 on another is just infuriating. It's not just tuned wrong, it's mechanically nondeterministic.

That combined with the random delay between waveform changes, where if you get fewer than two charges enough times you are mathematically precluded from getting full points, so thoroughly decouples effort from reward that you literally might as well be playing a slot machine. Except it's a slot machine where it makes you juggle for points, and if you lose--well, go lick a cloaca--it's because you didn't juggle arbitrarily well enough.

I enjoy giving Cryptic ten dollars a pop for the pleasure of trying and invariably failing to win a T6 Connie as much as the next nerd, but can we maybe--hear me out--maybe have one part of the game that doesn't function like B. F. Skinner, the Stanford Prison Experiment guys, and Kathy Bates from Misery got fired from Candy Crush and had an axe to grind?

Love you guys, but geez, since at least November?

Anyway, hugs
    Scout
  • krwolcottkrwolcott Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Had a hunch and went to New Romulus.

Playing the Radiation Scan minigame on New Romulus ground gives the exact same wonky rewards. 735 points, which for Dilithium Mining give full rewards, give 25 reports, while 855 points (likely the divide is somewhere between) gives 28 reports.

I remembered something like that driving me crazy when I was leveling my first character through the New Romulus reputation. This means that this bug hasn't just been around for a few months, or even a couple years ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/74zrt5/colony_provisions_minigame_grind_score_theashholds/

... but this bug has been in the code since 13 November 2012 with the release of Season Seven: New Romulus.

Smh, guys. Smfh.

I can see how it slipped by unreported at first, but seriously? It's been reported now, several times. Hopefully, now that we've tracked its date of origin to the correct year, we can maybe fix it. I'm rooting for you. I'm not expecting miracles, but I think you can do this.

Hugs,
    Scout
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    krwolcott wrote: »
    Had a hunch and went to New Romulus.

Playing the Radiation Scan minigame on New Romulus ground gives the exact same wonky rewards. 735 points, which for Dilithium Mining give full rewards, give 25 reports, while 855 points (likely the divide is somewhere between) gives 28 reports.

I remembered something like that driving me crazy when I was leveling my first character through the New Romulus reputation. This means that this bug hasn't just been around for a few months, or even a couple years ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/74zrt5/colony_provisions_minigame_grind_score_theashholds/

... but this bug has been in the code since 13 November 2012 with the release of Season Seven: New Romulus.

Smh, guys. Smfh.

I can see how it slipped by unreported at first, but seriously? It's been reported now, several times. Hopefully, now that we've tracked its date of origin to the correct year, we can maybe fix it. I'm rooting for you. I'm not expecting miracles, but I think you can do this.

Hugs,
    Scout

Please make a new bug report in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section about this problem. Writing what you wrote without the exasperation. Thanks. :)

Edit: Did not realize at the time that this poster necroed this thread.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    You shouldnt have to do those mini games more than once to get all 250 provisions from the colony, the fact that you have to burns me sooooooooo badly that i hard pass ALL provision collections from the mini games once the auto provision collections are going after tier 1. In fact the idea that it ONLY gives 250 knowing how much it takes to complete assignments is absolutely stupid, it should provde like 2500 not 250! Would be nice for it to be updated but normally nothing is updated if it helps the players have more fun. The choice typically is the more stress the better the devs like it.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    away with ye foul necromancy (white lantern ring blast) /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.