test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality change no more 30k Dillithium....

Comments

• drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Were players purposefully skipping all the other assignments that rewarded Dilithium in the Admiralty system? And just concentrated on Klingon and Ferengi Tour of Duty ones?
    >
    > I can't imagine doing that... there is a TRIBBLE-ton of Dilithium "events" available in Admiralty outside the two Tour of Duty.

Yes. They were. On more than half a dozen toons a day.

https://youtu.be/pKD-3pfTncU

And they were not really playing apparently given some of the posts im seeing here. Just driving prices way up.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
    I guess I should mention i dont think the game was meant for people who felt like they should have everything while not playing at all or actually spending on this game and supporting it proper. Its not a Facebook game.

I can understand someone not playing as much or even having little time. But it didnt give them the right to ruin it for those others who play normally but dont have all day for it but rather not spend all that time on admiralty and I dunno, play the game.

I certainly dont remember only using admiralty for my first tier 6 ships. I earned them through tfos and events. I earned them with rep earned dilithium and mining it. I earned ships by tier 6 reps and fleet modules. I felt good when I did that. They felt earned.

I cannot imagine only using admiralty on alta to get everything. Tried it once and it was boring. Most I ever did in one day after that was 1-2 toons.

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    This isn't a effort to stabilize the economy. It's a way to force more zen sales.

I have to agree with you on this.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • zaln123zaln123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just also commenting to voice my displeasure at the admiralty change. Don't like it no way

note I haven't bothered to look at the forums in a long time and just came here to provide negative feedback in the most unlikely hopes it will make some small difference
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    No amount of moaning is going to get this reversed sadly. They've committed the development time to making the change and its a kick in the balls we either have to accept or move on and find another game to play if you feel that strong about it.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    I think people should watch this more.

https://youtu.be/sumZLwFXJqE

• smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @ussvaliant#6064 said:
    > No amount of moaning is going to get this reversed sadly. They've committed the development time to making the change and its a kick in the balls we either have to accept or move on and find another game to play if you feel that strong about it.

I will keep playing but cryptic won't get another $ from me anymore, I can nerf things too.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Cryptic just gave you at least 5,660,000 Dilitium per Federation Character. The Enterprise MACO and TWoK Outfits in the Dilithium Store cost 6,000,000 Dilithium for the lot, they are now all availible as Account Costume Unlocks for 850 Zen. At 400 Dilithium per Zen that's 340,000 in Dilithium costs.

Now you have over 5.5 Million Dilithium to spend elsewhere. That's 188.667 Klingon Admiralty 10 of 10 ToDs. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Cryptic just gave you at least 5,660,000 Dilitium per Federation Character. The Enterprise MACO and TWoK Outfits in the Dilithium Store cost 6,000,000 Dilithium for the lot, they are now all availible as Account Costume Unlocks for 850 Zen. At 400 Dilithium per Zen that's 340,000 in Dilithium costs.
    >
    > Now you have over 5.5 Million Dilithium to spend elsewhere. That's 188.667 Klingon Admiralty 10 of 10 ToDs. :)

assuming everyone would be interested in it in the first place.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • hallek420staymad#8999 hallek420staymad Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I turned in a few 10/10 ferengi and kdf assignments today after the maintenance and got neither the 30k ore nor the vouchers. Wow, maybe I should make a ticket! I don't have an opinion on this change really, I'll just adapt like always but I can say that I'm still going to refine 8k a day on every character and I'm still not going to trade any for zen unless the rate is under 300d per. Also, hopefully people in my armada will be farming vouchers right and left and putting them into MY projects.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I didn't say I was spending only 10-15 minutes ingame, by the time I've set Admiralty running on 7 characters and run a queue for a daily Fleet mark box on 6 of those characters, I've been playing STO for 2 hours minimum.
    And that's all the time I'm willing to allocate, as I have other hobbies to indulge and other games to play.
    There's also real life matters to attend to, like grocery shopping for example.

I'm not giving up all my personal free time for the sake of DilFarming.
    And I'm not spending it on C-Points, my Dil was being stockpiled for both gear requisition and Fleet advancement.
    Or it was before this change negatively affected those goals.

The simple fact is, I've done nearly everything ingame 7 times over and as the expression goes, familiarity breeds contempt.
    I want to play new stuff, not queues or content I've played so many times over it's of no interest now.

Anyway, the decision is made, in my personal opinion, Cryptic made a bad choice by altering Admiralty in this way, so I'm not interested in playing the game as much as a result.
    All decisions have consequences and earning my displeasure/disatisfaction is the one they earned this day.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Thing is, the reason dil costs are so high is from people far, far over exploiting admiralty.

That is your opinion. Fact is with the introduction of Random TFO's you gain alot more Dillithium and less people spending money on Zen is what bumped the price up. Sure Admirality is a way to gain some extra I don't see how it is an exploit if i got lucky i got 60k zen around every 13-15 days. Devide that by 8k daily i don't get every day my 8k.

The point is though it will not change much on the Dilli Exchange because there is nothing new in the game to spend Dillithium on. If they were smart they would have introduced a new Fleet Holding. But yeah that would actually involve alot of work and doesn't pay like a Legendary Ship pack....
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    From the patch thread:

The only reason to sell Zen is when the rate is high so that when it drops you then can buy more of it. Sell high, buy low.

That was easier during the days when the Phoenix pack was only available occasionally since whenever the rate got too high (like with a major content release), a Phoenix event would drive it back down.

I agree that the changes to the admiralty system are a MAJOR downgrade, and calling it a bonus event is just rubbing salt in the wound since most players would have max campaign XP anyway.

What this will do is remove 60,000 dilithium ore every 10 days, on average 6,000 per day. To make up for this shortfall I'm going to have to go back to the DOFF system. This will favour KDF characters over Federation ones, though it will take more legwork and time in exchange. When you're cycling through a dozen characters each day this problem is magnified by an order of magnitude.

Really, if there's any silver lining it's that it should reduce the peaks and troughs in how much dilithium ore different characters will have at any one time. For me it ranges from 30,000 to 80,000.

There's another dimension to this too, regarding fleets- if you're fortunate enough to be part of a fleet that's already maxed everything then the fleet dilithium pool is going to be completely worthless, because provisions simply aren't in enough demand to spend on.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Cryptic just gave you at least 5,660,000 Dilitium per Federation Character. The Enterprise MACO and TWoK Outfits in the Dilithium Store cost 6,000,000 Dilithium for the lot, they are now all availible as Account Costume Unlocks for 850 Zen. At 400 Dilithium per Zen that's 340,000 in Dilithium costs.

Now you have over 5.5 Million Dilithium to spend elsewhere. That's 188.667 Klingon Admiralty 10 of 10 ToDs. :)

Those MACO and TWoK outfits are in the lobi store and they're character unlocks.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    indyshark wrote: »
    I really hate the change to the Klingon Admiralty campaign. I wish they'd changed the Romulan or Federation campaign instead. I don't need Romulan upgrades with the Phoenix packs and the Federation campaign reward is weak. It would be nice if they granted something useful like Fleet Marks, Lobi, or Phoenix packs....
    I like the changes but I agree that Romulan upgrades are worthless and that Cryptic could consider changing them to something more useful like 2 phoenix packs or just straight up 2 phoenix upgrades. With this change to Klingon and Ferengi admiralty, the Federation reward of spec points is now more equal to the Klingon and Fernegi rewards. I'd leave Federation admiralty as it is going forward.

Why do you like the specpoints? They don't seem to be worth very much after all that effort.

I don't personally "like" them. But I live having some diversity in rewards. If all the admiralty systems had different variations of dilithium rewards, then that would be less interesting and we'd have less choices. Because while a lot of us would go for the dilithium first and foremost. Maybe other people do want to prioritize spec points and this gives them that option if they so choose.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Oops, my bad. I guess I saw what I wanted to.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @sovereign010 said:
    > From the patch thread:
    >
    > The only reason to sell Zen is when the rate is high so that when it drops you then can buy more of it. Sell high, buy low.
    >
    > That was easier during the days when the Phoenix pack was only available occasionally since whenever the rate got too high (like with a major content release), a Phoenix event would drive it back down.
    >
    > I agree that the changes to the admiralty system are a MAJOR downgrade, and calling it a bonus event is just rubbing salt in the wound since most players would have max campaign XP anyway.
    >
    > What this will do is remove 60,000 dilithium ore every 10 days, on average 6,000 per day. To make up for this shortfall I'm going to have to go back to the DOFF system. This will favour KDF characters over Federation ones, though it will take more legwork and time in exchange. When you're cycling through a dozen characters each day this problem is magnified by an order of magnitude.
    >
    > Really, if there's any silver lining it's that it should reduce the peaks and troughs in how much dilithium ore different characters will have at any one time. For me it ranges from 30,000 to 80,000.
    >
    > There's another dimension to this too, regarding fleets- if you're fortunate enough to be part of a fleet that's already maxed everything then the fleet dilithium pool is going to be completely worthless, because provisions simply aren't in enough demand to spend on.

60k every ten days on ten chars you mean. Some people were going overboard with it.

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

This is a pretty lame argument. Because Cryptic gave me free outfits I magically have 5.5M dil to spend?
    It was blatantly wrong and was supposed to be sarcastic. (see the smiley). Actually, 850 Lobi would require the use of 170 Keys based on 5 Lobi per Lockbox. That is 19,125 Zen and @ 400 Dilithium per would actually cost MORE at 7,650,000 Dilitium. :(
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    If you only knew how many keys I have used over the years and never, ever, got a lockbox ship from them. It would make a Ferengi cry. So my only other option was to grind the dil to get zen to get the ship or gear. Admiralty made things easier to do such, as I don't want to have just spend all my time grinding instead of playing the game. Now they go an nerf that and want me to thank them for it?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    30k is almost 4 days worth of dil and it takes 10 days to get it assuming that the TOD mission will pop around the same time each day.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I only really farm KDF and Ferengi on one character. Now I'm not going to bother filling out the admiralty. Oh well.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    laughinxan wrote: »

Yes. They were. On more than half a dozen toons a day.

And they were not really playing apparently given some of the posts im seeing here. Just driving prices way up.

This starts at 1 hour and 47 mins into the show.... the TIME he starts talking about how he used the Admiralty System...

https://youtu.be/pKD-3pfTncU?t=6440

He ran this on 2 accounts on 50+ characters each (that is 100+ characters a day) skipping every assignment but TOD by using low level ships and shuttles.... and raked in 3M Dilithium per ACCOUNT a month. He could net 6000 Zen per account per month EVEN IF THE Dil/ex rate was at 500.

This video came out in December of 2019...so to have set up 100 characters across two accounts... I can only imagine he was doing this for a decent amount of time.

Granted, this sounds very extreme... But if one sees one cockroach... there are more hiding in the walls.

And so it goes... Cryptic fixed that for ya. Sort of, anyways.

Players can still skip assignments in Admiralty and focus on doing TOD only.... because there is no limit on how many assignments can be bypassed/started in a day.

So if one wanted to collect Fleet Dilithium Vouchers or XP for Specializations.... they can still do it. They are going to have to make those assignments run for a longer length of time. And will have to be extended to hours instead of mins....and so will the recovery time on reusing the ships.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    What is the point in having more than one account? It's not like anything meaningful can be transferred between them.
    Looks like the dsily 10,000 Campaign XP limit has been removed or increased to some higher number. On one of my Characters tonight I got 13k or so on two Campaigns.

No telling if this is only for the Event or will be permanent. Something in the Patch Notes addressing this would have been helpful.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What is the point in having more than one account? It's not like anything meaningful can be transferred between them.

Anything one can buy and is not locked to that account can be transferred to anyone you want to... including your other "self".

Sell keys on the Exchange, lately?

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I think this is exactly the problem here, you've got someone with like 50 characters who, for lack of a better terminology, is misusing a game mechanic.

So just because someone with 50 characters does this, I (with my minuscule count of seven characters by comparison) end up being inconvenienced?
    From my perspective, it's like setting someone's finger in splints when their arm is broken, a small fix that ignores the larger problem.

Maybe Cryptic should have gone after those accounts with 50 plus characters and cut them down to a reasonable level.
    Start with deleting every toon named DilFarmer (yes, I've actually seen those names ingame!) and the problem might just solve itself.......

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i don't like the changes per say but i will live with them. Yes you could and still can make a bunch of dil via admiralty if you run it across many toons. but then again do you want to sit there and que up admiralty mission for 3,4,5 hrs a day. me not personally i stopped and just qued them up on 2 toons a day so that i could actuall go out and run tfos or something that i can enjoy. Some people spent hrs a day farming omega particles and i am envious of the upgrades that they will have when they finish crunching them all.
This discussion has been closed.