test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty - Capability exceeds Capacity

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
Now that I have a lot more ships thanks to being allowed to claim the Romulan ships on non-Romulan characters, I decided to investigate if it was feasible to run two Admiralty campaigns simultaneously.
No, it is not.

In order to get one chain assignment to appear, I have to slot 4-5 non-chain assignments.
And that’s if I’m lucky, sometimes it’s 8-9.

Since there are only 9 slots, this means Cryptic should increase the number of assignment slots significantly to allow for at least two Admiralty campaigns to be run simultaneously.
18 minimum would be suitable.

And before anyone says it, I don’t use Pass tokens because I never have enough of them.
I don’t try to crit the non-chain assignments or any assignments really.
Plus, using them on just one Admiralty burns a lot of them, two would take all of them and more.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    How many ship cards do you have? I run 4 Klingon and four Ferengi daily and have little problem getting to the level assignments every two or three days. Like you, I do not try for the Crits nor do I use the Pass Tokens. However, my characters have an average of 80 to 95 ship cards.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Probably somewhere around 100, I claimed every ship I could just to get the accompanying Admiralty card.

But my problem isn't with the ship cards, it's with the lack of Admiralty assignment slots.
    Simple math, 5assignments+5moreAssignments=10 Assignments.
    With only 9 available slots, one Admiralty track doesn't get finished for the day.

And that's a good day, if I'm having a bad day, all 9 of those assignments are from one track only and none of them are the chain assignment. :s:'(

Hence why I think we need 9 slots per Admiralty track, just to meet the theoretical demands of doing all of them simultaneously if one should choose to.
    10 would be better......

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • timothy#1359 timothy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    You DO realize you could just run non-chain assignments until you get the chain assignment to show up & then switch to a different Admiralty campaign & do the same, do you not? There are times when I'm able to get all four chain assignments into the slots at the same time. It's not that hard.
    Per day? Not possible.

For example, one of my characters filled up all the available slots from one track and the chain one is still 2 assignments away.
    And that’s happening a lot, it’s not just a once off occurence.

To me, it’s inefficient to not provide enough assignment slots to compensate for the ability to do many many assignments.

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    More than 9 slots would actually be a use full thing, there are 4 campaigns to run now and 9 slots limit is slightly annoying, so i agree, it should receive some tlc :). There are times it takes me 18 assignments to get a TOD. So 9 does become annoying from time to time and verry limiting.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    It's fine as it is. I can run all 4 campaigns per day and get a chained from each. Not a problem.
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    If you were trying to get the KDF and Ferengi campaigns to run more efficiently in order to build up more dilithium faster... well, good luck with that!
    @balarick
    Yes, it's an irrevalant point now, given that the changes they made to the Admiralty system today actually resulted in me ceasing to use it.

Ironically, this means I've stopped advancing Ferengi at all, because it's useless to me now, a bonus dil percentage on 0 dil earned is nothing, nothing at all.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you can run all 4 if your lucky... pass tokens.

I just skip the ones that give low xp...

there are times, without using pass tokens, I fill up all slots on 1 track (fed) and not get the epic mission. it happens.