test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 2/27/20

Comments

• xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yeah the other changes are nice the admiralty changes are just stupid. What if your not in a fleet. then you get stupid ore you can't use and it will make the use of admiralty less. people will use it about as much as they use the doff system now. and the creation of a dil pool is even stupider because now we get a pool the we have to earn the access to get like the 11 days we had to run the tour didn't take enough time to get now we need another 6 days to get our dil and we still have to wait because we can only refine 8k a day. i think they spend more time on how to agravate the player base then they spend creating any content for us.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Admiralty Updates:
    The rewards received for completing the 10th step of the Tour of Duty for the Klingon Empire Admiralty Campaign have been changed from 30,000 Dilithium Ore, to 40,000 Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.
    This is essentially Refined Dilithium, but may only be used as an input in Fleet Projects.

This could've easily been implemented as a selectable option for all players to decide & choose. That would've benefited all players for all scenarios. I'm sure that was thought of but wasn't Cryptic's intent nor having a concern for players.

The “Combed Back” Hair option has been renamed to “Combed Back 1”

I had to re-read that lol I was afraid Cryptic introduced some sort of weird back-hair graphic.

The following items can now be stacked up to 9999 in a single stack, up from previous values:

Nice small quality of life improvement.

Lobi Store Updates:
    The following Costumes have been removed from the Dilithium Store and added to the Costumes section of the Lobi Store, at the following price points

I'm sure many will be interested, but since most Lobi items are per-character restricted just don't care much. Would've been nice to have something to spend Gold Pressed Latinum on.

Resolved an issue that caused the turn rate of the Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carriers to be lower than intended.

Nice update/fix for those players having such ships.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    "Talaxian Eyebrows appear as an option if the Top Hat uniform option is selected."

Pointed and Romulan Eyebrows are currently missing from Vulcan and Romulan characters for Top Hat uniform option. Any chance of sneaking them in the next patch?

Raised Eyebrows are a poor substitute :hushed:
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    When are all the bugged missions going to be fixed that have been bugged for far to long?
  • nozevinet#1097 nozevinet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    From a free to play and a free to play ONLY and forever player: admiralty changes will annoy grinders because now, once again, we have to deal with incompetency of players who don't care or idle in TFO's to earn the dilithium necessary to buy Zen.

On the other hand it will really enrage people who buy zen with real currency and convert it into dilithium for various needs once the price of zen on the exchange plummets down because supply of refined dil will start dropping in few weeks.

But if I was Cryptic I'd be more worried about those in second group who will no longer buy zen to exchange it for dilithium, they feed off those people, we FTP are just punching bags that can take unlimited abuse anyway.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    While certain things are exempt from the Bonuses provided by Dilitium and Marks Weekend, they have been eligible for the Boosts coming from 20%, etc. Boosts applied to your Character Pools.

I believe nothing will be exempt from the 30,000 Dilitium Boost. It would be much more difficult to program, than allow normal mechanisms in place to just work as is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The following Costumes have been removed from the Dilithium Store and added to the Costumes section of the Lobi Store, at the following price points:

MACO Uniform (22nd Century): 300 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Engineer's Vest: 200 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Excursion Jacket: 200 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Captain's Vest: 150 Lobi

Well... would have preferred to spend GPL, but its better than the stupid DL prices. Might actually pick up either the Engie vest or Excursion Jacket tomorrow.

I am not too sure what the Dilithium to Lobi ratio is, but that definitely seems like the right move for those costomes. 200 Lobi is a lot easier to earn for everyone compared to the Dilithium prices.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The fleet dilithium is a total waste for me as I don't play enough to devote time to a fleet. I should probably join one just to donate all the fleet assets I'm "rewarded" with but have no use for, I guess.
    I've wanted the TWOK vests forever, but I've never had the 2.5 million DIL to get them. On the other hand I have Lobi galore and nothing I care to spend it on. For me this is essentially a freebie, for which I am grateful. Now I just need to decide what to do with all the DIL I have been stockpiling for those vests. If the price of Zen goes a little lower, it will probably get converted.
    As usual, the update is a wash for me. Some good, some disappointing. I'll live.
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    crossfield registry visuals could use some attention
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Admiralty Updates:
    Lobi Store Updates:
    The following Costumes have been removed from the Dilithium Store and added to the Costumes section of the Lobi Store, at the following price points

I'm sure many will be interested, but since most Lobi items are per-character restricted just don't care much. Would've been nice to have something to spend Gold Pressed Latinum on.

Personally, I only have one character I would wear the TWOK vests on, my TOS based character, so that limit isn't much concern to me. As for GPL, I find plenty to spend GPL on at the Ferengi Trader on DS9. Primarily rare commodities useful in DOFF missions that pay out decent DIL.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    The following items can now be stacked up to 9999

it is great, but it would be interesting to modify the rewards (r&d mats only). r&d mats, are everywhere: tfo's rewards, endeavour, salvage, admiralty. I spend my time to discard all these useless things.
    could you remove the need of writing "delete" when we discard a tfo reward box, thx.
    amiralty r&d box could be replace by ec. same thing for the endeavour, it is really disgusting when sometimes you do a painful endeavour and you are only rewarded by these r&d mats.
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    psycherz wrote: »
    "As part of our ongoing efforts to balance the game’s economy"

Translation

Too many players were able to buy the 10th Anniversary bundle without having to spend real cash. CANT HAVE THAT!!

How could that be the problem? Every Zen spent in the store still had to be bought by someone (or be generated as a Lifetime stipend), so they see the same money either way. All this will do is make Zen buy less dilithium.
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Well, seems to me the only Admiralty project worth doing, now is the Romulan, but I bet there's a "fix" coming for that, too. Aside from all of that, I didn't see anything about the New Romulus Warehouse being fixed. It's been bugged for a month, now. But, hey, making it harder for you not to have to swipe your credit card is the important thing.
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Those people who say the dil farmers were getting the legendary bundle for "free, was bad are ignoring how the economy was a wreck with such a massive amount of dil in the exchange to begin with. To much dilithium going in will overwhelm any "cash sink".

https://youtu.be/sumZLwFXJqE

Dilithium was this game's means to into real life currency as a reserve currency. With it over inflated, it could no longer do that and ruin the rest of the game economy which in a lot of ways, it was for free players.

Dilithium and keys also provided a legit alternative to chinese gold farmers thatd also break the game economy otherwise.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Those people who say the dil farmers were getting the legendary bundle for "free, was bad are ignoring how the economy was a wreck with such a massive amount of dil in the exchange to begin with. To much dilithium going in will overwhelm any "cash sink".

https://youtu.be/sumZLwFXJqE

Dilithium was this game's means to into real life currency as a reserve currency. With it over inflated, it could no longer do that and ruin the rest of the game economy which in a lot of ways, it was for free players.

Dilithium and keys also provided a legit alternative to chinese gold farmers thatd also break the game economy otherwise.

I think the Chinese gold farmers own the game, now.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So are you all blaming President Truman for the state of this game? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    never mind.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Slowly, but surely, they are raising the maximum size of stacked items and I am very grateful - especially for the R&D materials:

The following items can now be stacked up to 9999 in a single stack, up from previous values:
    Lobi Crystals
    R&D Materials
    R&D Catalysts
    R&D Components
    Tech Upgrades
    Tech Accelerators
    Omega Particle Components
    Lock Boxes
    Injury Kits (Regenerators and Components)

Now, not to sound ungrateful, but I pray they're looking at hypos, batteries, and commodities (barteret incense, tulaberries, jevonite, ablative jevonite, contraband, etc)
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @offdutee#5693 said:
    > The given reason about balancing the economy is just smoke and mirrors. If they really intend that then they would lower the prices of items that require dilithium. Yes, the new system will allow the accumulation of fleet credits to buy equipment, but now there will be less dilithium to pay for the gear. Example: 250k fleet credits and 100k dil for an extra trait slot. We’ll have plenty of credits but an extremely hard time grinding the dil for the purchase. Cryptic has just switched the problem from credits to dil in buying fleet gear. And, they made it harder to upgrade as there will be less dil available for purchase of phoenix packs 40k dil for 10 or for superior upgrades that cost dil to upgrade. Also, it may force players to buy zen to get the key rings with the epic upgrades at 2125 zen each.

That wouldn't work, though... reducing the price of things that require dilithium without affecting the supply would make things worse. People would still have had the same amount coming in and even fewer things to spend it on, leading to more hoarded Dil and higher exchange rates.
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Has anyone else noticed that Admirality missions being set after the patch and completing are now not rewarding campaign XP at all instead of more? I just set and completed one, got a critical, and all it's rewarding now is about 8000 normal XP (character XP) and 500 dil...and nothing else...not a single campaign xp on a critical.
    edited February 2020
    > @squidjoe said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think the Chinese gold farmers own the game, now.

I dont get tons of spam from them and I get all my ec from selling keys from the small weekly 5-10 I spend on the game. I also get lots of dil with that and reps and random tfo. Also occasional dyson sphere or other battlezone.

I get about as much playing the game as i do from exchanges. I do not buy zen with dil since prices were far to high, it was zen sellers market.

People who buy from chinese gold farmers are only risking losing there bank accounts to fraud. And depriving the devs of money they could be using to develop the game.
    Post edited by drunkflux#5679 on

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    For the record, 350 was my limit for buying zen with dil. After getting my job i saw it also inflating more and more I stopped buying zen with dil and started selling zen for dil.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Slowly, but surely, they are raising the maximum size of stacked items and I am very grateful - especially for the R&D materials:

Now, not to sound ungrateful, but I pray they're looking at hypos, batteries, and commodities (barteret incense, tulaberries, jevonite, ablative jevonite, contraband, etc)

Ketracel?

I agree... Ketracel on my Jem'Hadar (OK so I didn't HAVE to collect it...but I did ::hangs head in shame::::)
    And the hypos, batteries and commodities larger stacks would be cool, too.

Though, not sure how that would effect the BOFFs I give them to. Are they stuck with carrying 20 at a time??
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    So. They still haven't fixed the glitch that crashes the game every time I try to get in--won't even have the courtesy to talk about it--and now they nerf Admiralty to uselessness? As a purely F2P player, this doesn't exactly impress me.

Good thing I've ground out enough C-Store ships to last me a long time, 'cause it looks like I won't be getting any more any time soon.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    For some who don't get to play as often, admiralty ToD's were a good source of dil. This change is a terrible idea and guaranteed to create a great deal of ire among the player-base.

I am one of those players.
    I basically gave up on Admiralty today, since I'm not getting my Dil, what's the point of doing it?

And they can't say they didn't know this was the case, since as soon as it was announced, the players who disliked the idea said so.
    I'm willing to afford the Cryptic Devs some latitude in that it reversing a planned patch update is not that simple, but honestly, if they don't reverse the Admiralty change at some point during the next week or month, they're going to get a lot more animosity and resentment generated from those players who favored or only had the time available for Admiralty to earn Dil.

This feels like an insult added to injury, this was my "reward" today:
    BB775211A8869FCADD5AEEC461BDFDE7D674324D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    like the changes for the most part. no 100% happy on admiralty but i can do 3 things same as the legendary ship pack.

1. Rage post and get super mad and quit.
    2. Rage post and get super mad then say the hell with it and get out the little plastic card.
    3. Deal with it in an adult manner and move along and enjoy the game.

In this case il go with option 3. As for the legendary ship one i opted for option 2.
    To be or not to be: B)
This discussion has been closed.