test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty Card Auto-Claiming - Is it REALLY Necessary?

I have discovered an issue - or at least it's one for ME, anyway - with the new feature that allows you to claim multiple Admiralty Cards at one time instead of having to Claim each ship & THEN get the card for it. That issue is: it gives EVERY admiralty card for EVERY ship you have on ONE character to ALL of the characters in the same account - even when the Admiralty cards are for ships that character doesn't themselves have. And, in spite of what the Customer Support people said when I asked them about it, it does not happen when you go to the Ship Manager in Earth Spacedock, on Qo'nos or DS9, or any of the other places that have Ship Managers. (Even Drozana Station has a Ship Manager, just not a Ships Acquisition person - which is strange, considering Drozana is run by Ferengi.) While it may happen there to, I've never had the opportunity to find out because the Admiralty cards have always been given to me the moment I accessed the Admiralty page in the DOFFs+ tag of the UI. As soon as I finish collecting the DOFF assignments & switch to collecting the rewards for the Admiralty missions I'd sent out, I get a notice in the bottom-left corner of my screen telling me I'd just received all of the Admiralty cards that one of the other characters I have on that account managed to get for themselves.
This is a problem for me because I am looking to create different Admiral fleets for each of my characters - especially in my secondary account, where I literally have one character for each Reputation (Plus an extra for the New Romulus reputation.) - based on their career paths, race, & faction, & I cannot do that if all of my characters are going to get the Admiralty cards for every ship any of them get. Sure, it's not so much a problem for the Tier 1 -> Tier 5 ships, because I don't really care about those. Those, I'm fine with everybody having. But, I am not interested in having EVERY character get the Admiralty card for EVERY Tier SIX ship I get for each character, because those are supposed to be character-specific.
Here's an example. The Jem'Hadar Vanguard ships that you first get with a Jem'Hadar/Dominion character & then have to train up to Tier 6 to unlock them for all characters on your account. The Jem'Hadar Vanguard Heavy Raider is one I'm interested in having ALL of my characters on that account have, so giving it to them without needing to "acquire" them from Ship Acquisitions isn't a big thing - though I still have to, in order to get the ship & it's unique console. However, I am planning on reserving the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship for my Tactical officers, the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Dreadnought Cruiser for my Engineering Officers, & the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier for my Science Officers. (Plus my Orion (female) Engineering Officer, because I'm having her specialize in carriers as a whole since the Orion KDF ships are all Flight-Deck Carriers & the Orion Tier 6 ship is an Assault Carrier.) If I'm going to be given the Warship, Dreadnought Cruiser, & Carrier Admiralty cards on ALL of my characters for that account once I've unlocked them with the Jem'Hadar character (I'm currently working on the Carrier, & only have the Warship left to buy.) then I cannot specialize my fleets the way I want to - & therefore cannot procede with using any non-Engineering character (Since I've already maxed out the Dreadnought Cruiser.) in the game at all anymore.
And, it also means that the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship is the only other Tier 5 or 6 Zen ship I can buy on that account anymore, since the others - outside of the Tier 4 Ar'kala Tactical Warbird & the other Warbird Battle Cruiser, since those I don't care about having all of my characters have - are meant to be for specific characters alone. Both the ship AND the Admiralty card.
So, I would very much like for that particular feature to either be removed completely or give us either the ability to opt-out of using it at all or at least the ability to delete the Admiralty cards we don't want in our fleets - something I have yet to find a way to do - because I, for one, do not understand why it was ever considered a necessary patch in the first place. All it's done is make me far LESS enthusiastic about playing the game. If it is not fixed or altered so that I can continue playing with ALL of my characters & not just SOME of them, then I may well close my accounts in their entirety & just not do anything else with this game. I have other games I could be playing that don't force features I never asked for & don't want anyway on me, after all.

Comments