test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Event Campaign: Choice between free ship coupon OR 1,000 lobi

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11377343-return-to-the-battle-at-the-binary-stars!
This Featured Event will be the first of a series of upcoming Events that will participate in the second installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign. For Event Campaign II, a few changes have been made.

More Events!
Event Campaign II will span a total of FOUR separate Featured Events, spanning the majority of the upcoming year of PC releases. As a result of this increase in length, the requirements for receiving the Campaign Grand Prize have been increased from 2,100 Progress to 2,800 Progress.

More Prizes!
The Grand Prize for Event Campaign II will offer players a choice as to what they receive, between the two following options:

Option 1:

Z-Store Coupon for 100% Off a single Tier-6 Starship
200 Lobi Crystals
Option 2:

1,000 Lobi Crystals
This choice is only made once per Account, upon claiming the prize.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    for me it's that they are making it four events this go around. Which makes me fear they're gonna include the Summer Event in this. I personally have never partaken in it. And I really don't care for it.

Otherwise...
    yea the choice between a T6 ship & 200 lobi or 1k lobi is interesting.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    tymersto wrote: »
    for me it's that they are making it four events this go around. Which makes me fear they're gonna include the Summer Event in this. I personally have never partaken in it. And I really don't care for it.

Otherwise...
    yea the choice between a T6 ship & 200 lobi or 1k lobi is interesting.

For the Winter event they added the story episodes and TFO as other ways to progress. For the other events there were both TFOs and patrols. If they do include Summer you probably won't be forced to go to Risa.

That's a nice reward! I have so many C-Store ships already that I might want the lobi instead.
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    already got a ship coupon and there's not one t6 ship I want, and the ones I do I gotta gamble on, temporal D7 and the fed connie A
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    A new type of dance emote that you can show you completed all 4 events maybe?
    I wish we get more survivabillity and dps for hangar pets, maybe console or trait.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Now, all we need is a Dot model for the DOT-7 droid and we can make our own sequel to the short "Ephraim and Dot".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I think I'll be taking the Lobi, but very nice to have the choice.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    already got a ship coupon and there's not one t6 ship I want, and the ones I do I gotta gamble on, temporal D7 and the fed connie A

I still want the Sommerville, for the Trait. But it looks like it's a whole year waiting for a single T6 Token. The 200 Lobi is nice, of course, but I was kinda planning on using that spore-infused thingy a bit earlier.

P.S. I already have used up 2 T6 Tokens (which I believed to be the max). So, will this series of events give me a new one?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    P.S. I already have used up 2 T6 Tokens (which I believed to be the max). So, will this series of events give me a new one?

Why did you think that? There was a 3-pack of tokens in the Mudd store and I can't recall reading anything about a lifetime token limit for accounts.

Each meta-event awards exactly 1 token, no more no less. You got the two tokens from two completely separate meta-events each with its own separate progress bar.

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    we keep the already earned points (don't know the real name) for the T6 coupon? I have 2050/2100, that would be sad to loose these points :p , I missed already 2 coupons (full rl), I don't want to miss that one.
  • Options
    we keep the already earned points (don't know the real name) for the T6 coupon? I have 2050/2100, that would be sad to loose these points :p , I missed already 2 coupons (full rl), I don't want to miss that one.

Each event is separate. Unless there is a scaling buyout option, missing 22 days means you missed your chance :(

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    The prize options make little sense.

Basically, 800 lobi crystals are treated as the equivalent of a C-store ship.

Based on the 1000's of lock boxes I have opened over the years, I'm assuming an average of 6-7 lobi per box.

A C-store ship, even at 3000 zen, would get you only about 30 keys. So that's about 200 lobi.

Of course, lobi stuff is only unlocked on one character. That's exactly the problem, and they have just admitted as much. They apparently felt it is needed to hand out 5 times as many lobi crystals to make up for the fact that everything that is bought with it, is a single-character unlock.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

Based on the 1000's of lock boxes I have opened over the years, I'm assuming an average of 6-7 lobi per box.

A C-store ship, even at 3000 zen, would get you only about 30 keys. So that's about 200 lobi.

Of course, lobi stuff is only unlocked on one character. That's exactly the problem, and they have just admitted as much. They apparently felt it is needed to hand out 5 times as many lobi crystals to make up for the fact that everything that is bought with it, is a single-character unlock.

Shhhh, don't criticize Cryptic for being too generous! Stay quiet and enjoy your lobi!!!!

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Each event is separate. Unless there is a scaling buyout option, missing 22 days means you missed your chance :(

oh! TRIBBLE. I needed only 1 day the last time; I hope that i would have the time to grind this new event.
    bah! anyway, I can do nothing. :)
  • Options

Why did you think that? There was a 3-pack of tokens in the Mudd store and I can't recall reading anything about a lifetime token limit for accounts.

Each meta-event awards exactly 1 token, no more no less. You got the two tokens from two completely separate meta-events each with its own separate progress bar.

I distinctly remember them saying the second free T6 token was going to be the last chance ever to get one. And even the current event bar progress listed the T6 token as already 'claimed' when I started the event. Ergo, it's entirely legit to wonder whether 'only 2 T6 tokens ever' will be in effect for the upcoming events too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I distinctly remember them saying the second free T6 token was going to be the last chance ever to get one. And even the current event bar progress listed the T6 token as already 'claimed' when I started the event. Ergo, it's entirely legit to wonder whether 'only 2 T6 tokens ever' will be in effect for the upcoming events too.

Sure it's a legit question, I just was wondering why you thought that since I've seen nothing suggesting a 2 token max.

It was the last chance ever to get *that* token. That is, you can't keep the project slotted and finish it later in some future event like you could in the old Reputation event system. No more finishing Summer 2016 in 2017 or 2018.

You see the T6 token as "claimed" because the new meta-event has not replaced the old one in the events list yet.

Each event is separate, and when one falls another will rise to take its place.

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User

Shhhh, don't criticize Cryptic for being too generous! Stay quiet and enjoy your lobi!!!!

But... I am critisising them for being too greedy when it comes to lobi purchases... ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Whereas I see it as "800 lobi is one lobi store ship". So, either way, you get a ship and a handful more lobi. (not sure why they didn't just do 800 lobi, and skip the extra 200 given with the T6 token. Or are some of them 900 now?)

So it's just two different options of "get a ship". /shrug
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

Whereas I see it as "800 lobi is one lobi store ship". So, either way, you get a ship and a handful more lobi. (not sure why they didn't just do 800 lobi, and skip the extra 200 given with the T6 token. Or are some of them 900 now?)

So it's just two different options of "get a ship". /shrug

Lobi T6 ships are 900, i think 800 are for T5 ones, i'll just grab the lobi and wait for the discount
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options

Sure it's a legit question, I just was wondering why you thought that since I've seen nothing suggesting a 2 token max.

It was the last chance ever to get *that* token. That is, you can't keep the project slotted and finish it later in some future event like you could in the old Reputation event system. No more finishing Summer 2016 in 2017 or 2018.

You see the T6 token as "claimed" because the new meta-event has not replaced the old one in the events list yet.

Each event is separate, and when one falls another will rise to take its place.

Okay, thanks. :) I'll wait for the new mega-event then.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I still have my two tokens from the last two events, this one will be most welcome. I may just get a Fed, Rom and Kling ship once I get this third one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    This has to be the most incredibly generous offer that Cryptic has ever made. I'm stunned frankly.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    I have no idea which I will go for at this point but having the option is great :)
  • Options
    This has to be the most incredibly generous offer that Cryptic has ever made. I'm stunned frankly.

Why? The promise of a T6 token, to be had in a year from now? Always nice, of course; but 'incredibly generous' it is not. You get 200 Lobi too, and that isn't half-bad, I must admit.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know what this Lobi award means? No new Lobi ships except for T5 replacements.

However, with them taking almost a year moving 'new' Ships out of the 'New' Tab in the C-Store, it could be a six of one, half dozen of another choice.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Why? The promise of a T6 token, to be had in a year from now? Always nice, of course; but 'incredibly generous' it is not. You get 200 Lobi too, and that isn't half-bad, I must admit.

That 1k lobi option is a free lobi ship and than some. Which if you won't or can't generate EC to buy out would normally be something like 100 dollars to get. So...yeah that is pretty generous I would say.

That 1k Lobi is that, or 200 Lobi plus a T6 token, right?

Anyway, it's certainly not a bad deal. Would be nice if they stuck any new ships in the Lobi store, though. And 900 Lobi is too much for those ships anyway (truly 'incredibly generous' are the folks who put them up for <300 mil on Exchange). And it's a year worth of extra grinding.

Still, I can dig 1,000 Lobi. You can either get a ship you still wanted, or like a full space set or something, with Lobi to spare. In that light, it's certainly better than offers they made before.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know what this Lobi award means? No new Lobi ships except for T5 replacements.

You read my mind. :) (Or I read yours, who knows) Because I was thinking the same thing: that this might be like a firesale, to clear out the Lobi ships, and then, from there on in, 1.5+ bil R&D ships only.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    While I can't say that I like the event extension there. Because you know, I'm already in the event burnout phase. I can barely bring myself to look at the game long enough to do the Omega daily right now. This is just going to make it worse.

As for the reward change, I like that one. It means I don't have to worry about breaking any packs with the T6 coupon. Which, there's only like 2 or 3 T6 ships you can purchase that aren't part of a pack. However, it offers me more choices of what I can get via the 1000 lobi. I have a whole store full of stuff there I can use this on, including ships.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

At 5 average lobi per key, you'd need 200 keys to get 1000 lobi. Which means, right now, you'd have to pay in the ballpark of $200 to earn that much lobi. Now go ahead and try to explain how that's not ridiculously over the top generous.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.