test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality change no more 30k Dillithium....

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Actually, yes more to be said.

---
    The Klingon Campaign will now offer 50,000 Fleet Voucher Dilithium as a reward, and the Ferengi Campaign will now offer 30,000 Dilithium Ore Bonus Pool. That means that, after you complete a Ferengi Tour of Duty, you’ll receive bonus Dilithium each time you are rewarded Dilithium in the game, until the bonus pool is depleted.
    ---

The fleet dil voucher will be a big help to any fleet that isn't maxed out yet AND it doesn't need to be refined. That's a nice way to reduce dil inflation / the dilex and force moochers to contribute to their fleets.

The 30,000 dil bonus pool still gives characters that actually play the game the same reward as before, just over time. It's only a nerf for parked farming alts.

Good work Cryptic! You've done something for the dilex and fleets, while only hurting farmers.

• novusspesnovusspes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I suspect this will kill admiralty for most people. Fed and Romulan don't really have a huge incentive to finish 10 of 10, which always left Klingon and Ferengi. I know why they're doing this, but it may just gut the program instead. I know a number of people who specifically play the game just for the admiralty missions. Yeah, stupid reason to play as the only reason, but people are people. This may cause a number of people to look for fun elsewhere.

It doesn't affect me that much cause I'm not really a maxer on these sorts of things, but even my small contributions can sometimes feel worthless when something like this is nerfed.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Serious nerf - me not like :(
    On the other hand - maybe this will save the dilithium-Zen exchange from crash… maybe.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Serious nerf - me not like :(
    On the other hand - maybe this will save the dilithium-Zen exchange from crash… maybe.

The Ferengi one isn't really a Nerf unless ALL you do is play the Admiralty and nothing else. You'll STILL eventually get the 30K dil - just not as a direct reward; you need to play OTHER content that rewards Dil, and it's then rewarded out as Bonus Dil over time. It's just a change, not a nerf.

The Klingon one is a nerf, but as others have said, it'll help Fleets in that not many like to use Dilithium for Fleet projects - but now you get 50,000 as a Fleet Voucher, and most will do an Admiralty Campaign at least once in leveling it to Lvl10.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    It will help... sure, when they stop with the back-to-back sales and add something worthwile to buy with dilithium that it's not converting it to Zen.

Until they do, this will just punish those that makes as many alts as the they can - which, according to mister Borticus, are not as many as we all think they are.
    But sure, let's just go around throwing terms like "farmers" as if they're insults. That is exactly how you solve a problem.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Didnt care about dil. ore anyway, get much more by gun mining. What i wish is that you changed Romulan marks into choice of marks
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    It will help... sure, when they stop with the back-to-back sales and add something worthwile to buy with dilithium that it's not converting it to Zen.

Until they do, this will just punish those that makes as many alts as the they can - which, according to mister Borticus, are not as many as we all think they are.
    But sure, let's just go around throwing terms like "farmers" as if they're insults. That is exactly how you solve a problem.​​

Hell... even those who don't have as many as possible will feel it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

But sure, let's just go around throwing terms like "farmers" as if they're insults. That is exactly how you solve a problem.

Hell... even those who don't have as many as possible will feel it.
    Yup. We can all agree that there's way too much dilithium going around - same with EC, but that's an entirely different beast for entirely different reasons - but the solution is not to simply reduce the amount of dilithium rewards. They must offer something palatable that people can spend their dil on, otherwise it's not gonna make a change.
    It's not even necessary to make one big payment. Smaller things - like the permanent phoenix, for example, which brought the dilex back to around 414, although much slower than many would've liked - can work pretty well. But even that could not hold up to the back-to-back sales, the Picard Bundle and the new Legendary one.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'd often try to reach level 10 for all four Admiraltys once then only work on Klingon & Ferengi just for the needed dilithium & it were the only rewards worth the effort imo. Notice how Cryptic didn't boost the Federation nor Romulan Admiraltys. Cryptic is shining this but it's still a TRIBBLE, otherwise they'd had nerfed the mighty op gold pressed latinum too rewarded from the Ferengi Admiralty that only has a couple of useful options.

Perhaps it is needed to battle the dilithium inflation, the whole game is inflating in prices, but just like the binding of Omega Event items Cryptic seems to be using broad strokes. The dilithium fleet voucher & bonus pool aren't bad alternatives, but there's a reason Cryptic didn't code it in to be selectable options for players to choose & instead forced it!
    Yup. We can all agree that there's way too much dilithium going around - same with EC, but that's an entirely different beast for entirely different reasons - but the solution is not to simply reduce the amount of dilithium rewards. They must offer something palatable that people can spend their dil on, otherwise it's not gonna make a change.

Both solutions work just fine for reducing the dilex. Reduce dil supply, or increase non-zen dil demand.

Also, this is NOT a nerf for people who support their fleets, which they should. The 50,000 (fleet) dil that bypasses refinement caps is going to be a big help for completing the Colony holdings in both the Fed and KDF fleets that I'm in.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Actually, yes more to be said.

---
    The Klingon Campaign will now offer 50,000 Fleet Voucher Dilithium as a reward, and the Ferengi Campaign will now offer 30,000 Dilithium Ore Bonus Pool. That means that, after you complete a Ferengi Tour of Duty, you’ll receive bonus Dilithium each time you are rewarded Dilithium in the game, until the bonus pool is depleted.
    ---

The fleet dil voucher will be a big help to any fleet that isn't maxed out yet AND it doesn't need to be refined. That's a nice way to reduce dil inflation / the dilex and force moochers to contribute to their fleets.

The 30,000 dil bonus pool still gives characters that actually play the game the same reward as before, just over time. It's only a nerf for parked farming alts.

Good work Cryptic! You've done something for the dilex and fleets, while only hurting farmers.

+ 1.
    it is a great idea, and my fleets need a lot of dil. thx for this modification :)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, if it works for leveling the dilithium-zen ratio, good... i'been using it for my personal fleet all the time so it really changes nothing in my case, but for some, it will be bad...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rexedrexed Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    To me it becomes problematic, because it takes having my seven alts doing the Admiralty in order to support two toons who are in any real way up-to-date on the various game mechanics (new traits, weapons, abilities, consoles, etc) because unless there's a corresponding increase in refining limits, I'd never actually be able to afford anything from the C-store until months after the game's mechanics have moved on to something else due to power creep. I was just looking at the exchange yesterday to see how long it will take - counted in weeks - just to get the Gagarin for its trait. This does sort of put an end to the idea that STO is F2P in any practical sense.
    edited February 2020

Both solutions work just fine for reducing the dilex. Reduce dil supply, or increase non-zen dil demand.

Also, this is NOT a nerf for people who support their fleets, which they should. The 50,000 (fleet) dil that bypasses refinement caps is going to be a big help for completing the Colony holdings in both the Fed and KDF fleets that I'm in.

It doesn't work like that: just reducing the supply will not help. Just as only increasing the non-zen demand would not.

And the people that support their fleets will do so regardless of a fleet voucher - which can be way more easily made with a Jem'Hadar (slightly less, but way more faster and easily than with 10 20-hours-long projects... if you're lucky enough to get one every day, that is).
    So, while not a nerf for those that regularly donates, it's a nerf for everybody else.
    And it will not help, because there's still nothing new to spend dilithium on but Zen.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• floqofloqo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    That leaves to a different view.

Sure, change one to fleet dili is not bad, as you are able to do this campaign to help your fleet, but this is not all.

Cutting both is not a good idea. Because exchanging to zen is not the only way spending dilithium. this just rises the time for upgrading and buying items at the fleet vendors too, same at the equipment to got from the projects (disco, dyson etc.)

So in the end, you just extend the time for the people getting the same equip and get it upgraded, that doesn't help to have fun ingame. it just causes trouble.

A possible option for me would be, take away the dili from all except fleet project and change dili to a fleet only thing. the rest to be changed to ec and rising the prices per item. also cut off the dili exchange. so the people have the option to play to get ec and buy what they want. and not cutting off all sources.

I remember that till last year, we got the option to do an event more than one time and get extra dili. another source that you just cutted off without any new way.

so this doesn't help to hold players. you should take care of the numerous bugs and this stupid rubber banding that i have every evening and not just making such stupid decisions.
    rexed wrote: »
    To me it becomes problematic, because it takes having my seven alts doing the Admiralty in order to support two toons who are in any real way up-to-date on the various game mechanics (new traits, weapons, abilities, consoles, etc) because unless there's a corresponding increase in refining limits, I'd never actually be able to afford anything from the C-store until months after the game's mechanics have moved on to something else due to power creep. I was just looking at the exchange yesterday to see how long it will take - counted in weeks - just to get the Gagarin for its trait. This does sort of put an end to the idea that STO is F2P in any practical sense.

Yes, it is a nerf for farming alts. You don't "need" the Gagarin though you just want it.

F2P does not mean you get everything you want, just what you need. And unlike mobile games STO doesn't cripple F2P players with "energy" type resources that block you from playing the game until you buy more. Last year we got 5 free T6 ships, one of them the C-Store ship of our choice. This year we can choose between another C-Store ship or a lobi ship, along with the other event ships.

• mikadzukichimikadzukichi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Big NERF for Dili you can use for yourself.!!

Only thing which is not that bad is the thing with the Fleet Dili... But that is all :| ...

Now the only ways to get Dili are the standard Dili rewards from the Admirality Mission and the "classic" sources (eg. Dili-Mine, Missions, Dyson-Groundzone, etc.)... With that we will be back to the "old" farming until we have reached the 8k daily-limit per char :/ ...

Well... Nothing what can be done about that now :( ...

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This isn't a effort to stabilize the economy. It's a way to force more zen sales.
    edited February 2020

It doesn't work like that: just reducing the supply will not help. Just as only increasing the non-zen demand would not.

And the people that support their fleets will do so regardless of a fleet voucher - which can be way more easily made with a Jem'Hadar (slightly less, but way more faster and easily than with 10 20-hours-long projects... if you're lucky enough to get one every day, that is).
    So, while not a nerf for those that regularly donates, it's a nerf for everybody else.
    And it will not help, because there's still nothing new to spend dilithium on but Zen.​​

Sorry, but you're 100% wrong about this claim: "It doesn't work like that: just reducing the supply will not help."

The dilex price is set by dil supply (sellers) and dil demand (buyers). Reducing dil supply and making dil more scarce absolutely will have the same effect as increasing dil demand.

Phoenix and other sinks work partly by reducing the dil supply, as people consume dil themselves instead of selling it. They also increase dil demand by making the buyers want more dil.

Reducing farming only reduces the supply without increasing demand, but that still shifts the dil value upward which lowers the dilex.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I grew weary of admiralty about a year ago. I actually might come back on new characters for the fleet dil to get fleet credits.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited February 2020
    rexed wrote: »

Pssst - That's part of WHY they are doing this. Allowing everyone to earn everything for Free nets then no money. They want to make it possible for those who really grind to get what they want yes - but they hope if they do what they're doing, occasionally some folks will throw more real money at the game - thus maintaining a good revenue stream for continued game administration/development...and yes, profit.
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Tune in to the next Twitch stream.. they will discuss it in detail for 5 minutes.
    Tune in to the next Twitch stream.. they will discuss it in detail for 5 minutes.

That assumes Kael can KEEP the STO Twitch stream online for more than 5 minutes total (and that hasn't really happened over the past month or so.) ;)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Interesting. Really sucks they didn't make Romulan campaign worth anything. It also sucks if you're not in a fleet and have no use for fleet vouchers. I wonder if the normal admiralty event dilithium will get doubled by the Ferengi pool, presumably it will.

Of course, if your primary use for dilithium was your fleet, this is actually a good change for you.

It is obviously a way to reduce dil supply, rather than increase demand, so they must assume that most dil buyers aren't using it for fleet stuff, because if that were true, this would backfire.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Eh, I don't really mind the change that much.

Plenty of fleet stuff to sink dilithium into for the Klingon Campaign.
    Ferengi Campaign encourages you actually play instead of getting Dilithium for doing nothing.
    Interesting. Really sucks they didn't make Romulan campaign worth anything. It also sucks if you're not in a fleet and have no use for fleet vouchers. I wonder if the normal admiralty event dilithium will get doubled by the Ferengi pool, presumably it will.

Of course, if your primary use for dilithium was your fleet, this is actually a good change for you.

It is obviously a way to reduce dil supply, rather than increase demand, so they must assume that most dil buyers aren't using it for fleet stuff, because if that were true, this would backfire.

If they want to they can know exactly how much dil players are giving to fleets now, since they control the servers :)

In my KDF fleet, there was an email asking (not ordering) everyone to donate just 1,000 dil to the colony. Apparently many fleet members were too cheap to do even that much.

This will be a nice nudge for players like that to do more to help the fleet that supplies their vulnerability locators and fleet ships.

• dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Cryptic knows there are players who aren't in fleets, right? This is definitely a slap in the face for people who just want to play the game solo. Even if the economy needs some tweaking, can't it be done in a way that doesn't TRIBBLE people over who just want to be left alone?
    dumas13 wrote: »
    Cryptic knows there are players who aren't in fleets, right? This is definitely a slap in the face for people who just want to play the game solo. Even if the economy needs some tweaking, can't it be done in a way that doesn't TRIBBLE people over who just want to be left alone?

Cryptic has massively increased dil rewards over the years, to the point where the dil exchange is nearing the 500 cap.

Yes, you're losing this one source and that stings since you avoid fleets, but long term players remember not having Admiralty at all.

This discussion has been closed.