test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't you reroll some Endevours?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
There are a couple of endevours that I don't like and avoid. For some reason, today's endevour isn't rerollable. Is that a bug or a purposeful design decision?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I'm thinking it's a bug because I couldn't get rid of the dreadnought endeavor no matter what I did yesterday. Finally just gave up on it. I couldn't complete it either, no matter how many dreadnoughts I killed in numerous TFOs and battlegrounds. It was really frustrating.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I agree. I don't like shield heals on ground because it takes too long. I avoid space tetryon and antiproton since none of my toons are armed with those weapons.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Be aware with Dreadnoughts now that the Borg Lockbox Console lets people assimilate them, which may interfere with the Endeavor. See Voth Counterattack Phase in Undine Battlezone.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Shield heals on ground, I take an engi toon to Nukara and beam into the first camp, then walk over to the wall and pop a shield gen and health gen, then unequip the suit. Once health gets low, re-equip. While your shield won't drop much, the generator renews them. Only takes a few minutes to get the endeavor.

For space energy weapon damage I have my main with different ships armed with each energy type and just use the appropriate ship and go to Japori and other Romulan patrols. Usually only takes one or two of those to get even the hard one.

The only ones I've had trouble re-rolling are the Hard Iconian and Lukari ones.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I have encountered a bug when rerolling a first endeavour, and then trying to reroll another one.

It has been a few weeks since I last tried it though so maybe that's the problem? Or were you only trying to reroll a single endeavour?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    I've had that bug too, but mostly it's when I try to reroll the Hard Iconian and Lukari ones as I don't like those.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    ltminns wrote: »
    Be aware with Dreadnoughts now that the Borg Lockbox Console lets people assimilate them, which may interfere with the Endeavor. See Voth Counterattack Phase in Undine Battlezone.

Really? That needs to be fixed then.

Personally I go for Khitomer Vortex for that endeavour. The Tac cube, the Scimitar and both gateways all count as dreadnoughts so that easily gets you to 4.

It may be a good alternative since the Borg cannot be assimilated anymore (ie, Chel Gretts won't appear anymore if I correctly interpreted the latest patch notes).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    echatty wrote: »
    Shield heals on ground, I take an engi toon to Nukara and beam into the first camp, then walk over to the wall and pop a shield gen and health gen, then unequip the suit. Once health gets low, re-equip. While your shield won't drop much, the generator renews them. Only takes a few minutes to get the endeavor.

For space energy weapon damage I have my main with different ships armed with each energy type and just use the appropriate ship and go to Japori and other Romulan patrols. Usually only takes one or two of those to get even the hard one.

I feel they should do something with passive regeneration and include it. Even if every hitpoint passively regenerated only counted for 1/4 of a point or something like that, it would be much better.

These endeavours basically punish people for having good passive regeneration rates.

It is also a bit pointless that your toon needs to sustain damage so that you can undo it. My medical toon for example needs to remove his shields and then stand with his back towards an enemy while waiting until he has nearly been killed for 20 times or so when I get the 'heal 18.000 health on the ground' thing.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

I feel they should do something with passive regeneration and include it. Even if every hitpoint passively regenerated only counted for 1/4 of a point or something like that, it would be much better.

These endeavours basically punish people for having good passive regeneration rates.

It is also a bit pointless that your toon needs to sustain damage so that you can undo it. My medical toon for example needs to remove his shields and then stand with his back towards an enemy while waiting until he has nearly been killed for 20 times or so when I get the 'heal 18.000 health on the ground' thing.

ground heals & ground shields heals - go to nukara and stand in pool of acid... heal as needed. I use sci officer for heals, and engineer for shield heals... could always just use engineer for heals as well if you spawn a med generator.
    tigeraries wrote: »

ground heals & ground shields heals - go to nukara and stand in pool of acid... heal as needed. I use sci officer for heals, and engineer for shield heals... could always just use engineer for heals as well if you spawn a med generator.

Hm why hadn't I thought of that? Still, the whole endeavour is rather silly. Sustaining damage on purpose to undo it (as not sustaining it on purpose would take a lot of time).

• revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    You can also stand in the mud pit on the ice plant for the second disco mission. I run that in place of nukara since I can get more BOFF to stand in the pit and that translates in to less time spent.

I didn’t know you could reroll endeavors. Is that a option for consoles??
    If you have reroll tokens, you can reroll Endeavors. Go to your Endeavor Progression and then look at your Endeavors and it will tell you if you have tokens. They're usually a drop with your Endeavor boxes when you complete them, along with whatever prize you get. You don't always get one, they're just an occasional drop. Since I rarely reroll I have lots of tokens on my characters.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Yea its gotta be a bug with the Endeavor rerolling. Every once in a while I'll come across one I try to reroll and, while I spend a token, it doesn't change.

Also I would like to second using Kitomer, and also Infected, for the Dreadnought kills. If you're able to get a good team together, Hive space Elite would be a good one too because there are multiple Dreads in there as well in the form of Tac Cubes, the two Borg Cigars, and maybe even the Queen's diamond.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I always reroll any type of heal.

I'm not 100% about the Assimilated Dreadnoughts. I was in Argala and tried the Console on one of the first Kazon ships. It looked like it died then came back assimilated. Seemed like I had to wait almost two minutes for the first wave to show up. Not sure if I was waiting out the Assimilation Timer for the Ship to disappear or I just lost track of that first wave.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    <head slap> I feel like quoting Homer Simpson. I have 50 rerolls and I’m sure that is the max and I’ve gotten others that were just dropped. I was thinking that was reroll tokens for redoing your character, not for endeavors.

I really hate the lack of good commutation in this game, but still love playing it.
    edited February 2020
    I have seen some Tzen'kethi Ground Endeavors in the Advanced spot not reroll over weekends yet Hard will. I have also seen Dewan Anthropods mini-bosses count as Captains for the Hard Endeavor (6), but only the 'Queen' count for the lesser numbers. I do miss the 'Kill 10 Captains' Foundry Mission.

I also reroll any Iconian or Lukari TFO Endeavor, or the Borg TFO if more than one is needed. I don't have the time to run multiple TFOs.

One thing I've never seen, is an elephant fly. :)
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Some rerolls just never work, and it doesn't make sense.

Equally annoying is how recently the reroll tokens themselves when acquiring them just vanish and don't go towards the count when below the max 50 limit. I lost a bunch testing it out to see if it's fixed already but it isn't.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    edited February 2020

It's easier just to walk into the acid lake and pop a shield heal while standing there. You may need to let a Tholian shot you though as it seems that sometimes the Endeavor system would count the shield heals it if you're not in Red Alert mode - or you got in Red Alert mode by just walking into said lake.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User
    The current FTFO is good for killing dreads too, there are six of them there (the hard part is finding them through all the visual spam and lag). A few days ago I did all of the personal endeavors (which included killing four dreads) in one run of it that I planned to do anyway for the dil.
This discussion has been closed.