test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klein Temporal Destroyer on my Rom?

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
Is it possible to get/fly a Klein Temporal Destroyer on my Rom? If I buy the multipack, on my Fed, I will get the Klein, right? Can I give the box to my Rom then, or will it immediately unpack to roster? (no good)
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The Klien.. curiously.. is one of the few ships along with the Vengeance that is not usable by Fed-Roms. It's only usable by Federation Captains. If you bought it from the exchange, yes.. it would give you a box that you can move to any of your alts, but sadly, only a Federation Captain can actually open the box.

They don't have to be human, they can be Andorian, Saurian, etc.. but Fed-Roms can't fly it. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    The Klien.. curiously.. is one of the few ships along with the Vengeance that is not usable by Fed-Roms. It's only usable by Federation Captains. If you bought it from the exchange, yes.. it would give you a box that you can move to any of your alts, but sadly, only a Federation Captain can actually open the box.

They don't have to be human, they can be Andorian, Saurian, etc.. but Fed-Roms can't fly it. :disappointed:

That's prety sad to hear. :disappointed: But thx for telling me; you saved me a lot of EC, and even more frustration. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No problem, sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    The reason the Klein can't be used on your rom is because the romulans have their own temporal ships. All factions Temporal Science and Temporal Destroyers have the same stats as each other(they even use warp cores) but different appearances. The romulan version is the Tal'aura Class.

And its not a surprise why the romulans can't fly the klein... it's because they have their own exact copy that is romulan. The klein served no purpose to them.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ^ This, the Tal'Aura it's a beast, i have it in my rom, and is totally worth it!, i highlly recommend it, if you need more info, let me know, i love that little temporal ship!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    The reason the Klein can't be used on your rom is because the romulans have their own temporal ships. All factions Temporal Science and Temporal Destroyers have the same stats as each other(they even use warp cores) but different appearances. The romulan version is the Tal'aura Class.

And its not a surprise why the romulans can't fly the klein... it's because they have their own exact copy that is romulan. The klein served no purpose to them.

Thanks. :) I actually own a Tal'Aura, but for some reason remembered it having a Singularity Core. :o Doh.

Klein is prettier, though: it's clearly not Fed-design, whereas the Tal'Aura is very ostentatiously a Rom bird again. Wish they'd kept the Tholian skin for it too.

Anyway, point is moot: if it's exactly the same ship as the Klein, yeah, not going to buy it (even if I could).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Thanks. :) I actually own a Tal'Aura, but for some reason remembered it having a Singularity Core. :o Doh.

Klein is prettier, though: it's clearly not Fed-design, whereas the Tal'Aura is very ostentatiously a Rom bird again. Wish they'd kept the Tholian skin for it too.

Anyway, point is moot: if it's exactly the same ship as the Klein, yeah, not going to buy it (even if I could).

The Klein is of a similar design phylosophy to the wells and Verne, just what the future federation will look like, with the Tal'Aura being an idea of what future romulan designs would be with similar ideas to the Wells, and same for klingons. Honestly I really like the Tal'aura and the Qol'poh and all of the romulan and klingon variants of those temporal ships because of how unique they feel while still capturing the essense of those species' designs.

And yeah unlike other romulan ships it has a warp core. Their idea for the Temporal ships was that they would have completely the same stats regardless of faction.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

The Klein is of a similar design phylosophy to the wells and Verne, just what the future federation will look like, with the Tal'Aura being an idea of what future romulan designs would be with similar ideas to the Wells, and same for klingons. Honestly I really like the Tal'aura and the Qol'poh and all of the romulan and klingon variants of those temporal ships because of how unique they feel while still capturing the essense of those species' designs.

And yeah unlike other romulan ships it has a warp core. Their idea for the Temporal ships was that they would have completely the same stats regardless of faction.

Doesn't have cloak thou... that's the only thing missing
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.